GE Capital Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in March. I got an email from HR a week later asking me to fill out a table with additional information. A week later I get an email stating that I can proceed with a phone screen. It was pretty simple, just asking me to go through things listed on my resume. A few hours after the phone screen I was asked to set up a time to speak with the manager the following week. The final interview was pretty relaxed, with the manger mostly just talking more about the project and making sure I was interested in it. She said it would take 2 weeks to hear back. I got a call from HR with an offer just over 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you like best about your extracurricular activities? What do you see yourself doing in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE Capital

Intern Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round with future colleagues including two directors and the current intern. Second round with the hiring director again and the head of the team (MD).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

One interview, recommended by professor

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

This was a typical first round interview. Questions were just meant to see if the candidate was a good fit with the company. Nothing was really tricky and the interviewer was very friendly. Overall, I would say this was a good experience even though I was not given a job offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Pre-interview Dinner at Ruth Chris with 3 employers. First Round: One 30 minute campus interview with 2/3 previous employers. Second round: Three 45 minute interviews with 3 different employees within Risk Management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

didn't need to.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Two interviews--first round on campus, second round interview at headquarters--one on one with three different people, and they feed you breakfast (at the morning interviews at least); on campus interview included a meal. Got caught at an airport in a storm, but they paid for hotel and taxi for the night.

Interview Questions

• Which one of these functional areas out of the four we offer are you most interested in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, but definitely fair and honest.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move to a new location around the US for the duration of the internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got a call and came in for an interview. Mostly personality questions about how well you are bale to work in a team.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just be yourself. Made it obvious they dont like people who are fake in interviews to get a position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Capital (Irving, TX).

Interview

First interview in person with Cost Manager. Basic interview asking behavior questions. Second interview with Financial Analyst, situational questions this time but still basic. Had another interview with Commercial Sales group (didn't apply for) because they thought I fit in with that group well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why are you qualified for the position, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be too pushy, especially coming in as an intern. Maybe if hired out of the internship role, then push.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital (Stamford, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview was very conversational. Asked the typical "tell me about yourself" and "what do you know about GE"