GE Capital

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details – One interview, recommended by professor

Interview Question – Ask your project experience.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details – This was a typical first round interview. Questions were just meant to see if the candidate was a good fit with the company. Nothing was really tricky and the interviewer was very friendly. Overall, I would say this was a good experience even though I was not given a job offer.

Interview Question – Why GE?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details – Pre-interview Dinner at Ruth Chris with 3 employers. First Round: One 30 minute campus interview with 2/3 previous employers. Second round: Three 45 minute interviews with 3 different employees within Risk Management.

Interview Question – Why Risk Management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't need to.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details – Two interviews--first round on campus, second round interview at headquarters--one on one with three different people, and they feed you breakfast (at the morning interviews at least); on campus interview included a meal. Got caught at an airport in a storm, but they paid for hotel and taxi for the night.

Interview Question – Which one of these functional areas out of the four we offer are you most interested in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very thorough, but definitely fair and honest.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to move to a new location around the US for the duration of the internship?   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE Capital

Interview Details – Got a call and came in for an interview. Mostly personality questions about how well you are bale to work in a team.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just be yourself. Made it obvious they dont like people who are fake in interviews to get a position.   Answer Question

Irving, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details – First interview in person with Cost Manager. Basic interview asking behavior questions. Second interview with Financial Analyst, situational questions this time but still basic. Had another interview with Commercial Sales group (didn't apply for) because they thought I fit in with that group well.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself, why are you qualified for the position, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be too pushy, especially coming in as an intern. Maybe if hired out of the internship role, then push.

Stamford, CT

I interviewed at GE Capital in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very conversational. Asked the typical "tell me about yourself" and "what do you know about GE"

Interview Question – What is your favorite class   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE Capital

Interview Details – Usually, there are lot of applicants for internships at GE Money Bank. Be precise in your application and emphasize on what you can contribute with. GE Capital hires university students from different universities and business schools, so it's not decisive whether you're studying economics, finance, international business or law.

Interview Question – Since it just was an interview for an internship, there were no test questions.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

Interview Details – The job was in optimization of sales forces using metrics. I came too prepared and talked about optimization processes in too much detail. That lead to my downfall, I guess they don't like when you spit all the theory out. I was probably the most competent since I had done previous work with metrics but I somehow messed up the interview. Very standard questions.

Interview Question – Tell me more about yourself.
Weakness/strengths?
Why GE?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Capital

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!

GE Capital Videos

GE Capital – Why Work for Us?

Creating opportunities At GE Capital, we hire exceptional people and invest in their growth, providing unrivalled leadership and training in a diverse and healthy environment. Our greatest asset is our people. With… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Capital Intern interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Capital employees and interview candidates.