GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

Application online. Filled out and took initial assessment. Told immediately that I passes test and could schedule phone interview but no times were available... To check back. Over 3-4 days kept checking then late Sunday night... Boom! Phone interview: lady called 5 kind early. Very kind. BE UPBEAT!! After, she put me on hold to "check over things". Came back on phone and offered me onsite interview. But again... No time slots available. Had to wait to schedule. Two days later... BOOM! Onsite interview following week. Arrived early. Only waited 20 minutes. Lady came out at exactly the right time. Very friendly, behavioral type questions. Tell me about... Can you name... Etc. she left the room to talk to HR. Came back and offered me job and gave pay info. Asked to pick my shift right then. Schedule fingerprint and drug screen immediately. Spent 3 weeks waiting for background check to be completed. STRESSFUL!! Got email because they couldn't get in touch with past employer and needed w2. Faxed off. Then, waited some more. Called today to check in on process and she confirmed I passed and everything was a okay!!!

N/a

Account Manager Interview

I applied for a position and luckily I got an email quickly to set up the phone interview. The phone interview went great and actually was fairly quick I knew right at that time that she would be setting me up for a face to face interview. They set up the face to face interviews really quickly also. I met with 4 people every 30 minutes. Intimidating but the people were great and actually made me feel at ease. They all went great and I now have another phone interview hopefully to wrap up the details and be offered the position!!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how did you overcome....this is always a tough question for me   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Fill out application con their website. After phone interview i got an appointment for an onsite interview. Have to cancel my interview due to personal reasons. Reschedule interview for later this month.

Financial Statement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

I was contacted by the GE consultant to set up a time for a telephone interview. As scheduled the consultant called me Tuesday morning and mostly went through the interview process, the company and general stuff. She also told me the hiring manager was on vacation and will be back next week when I will be called for an On site interview. She even gave me the hiring managers name and discussed about the compensation. I did not receive any email from the manager the whole week. I emailed the consultant and asked her about the status. She was very quick with her response and told me will touch base with the manager. Next day I got an email saying-Hiring manager had interviewed few candidates before she went to vacation and has decided to go with one of them.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked as I wasn't even called for an interview   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital.

I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview was quite easy, just resume questions and basic technical questions based on my skill set. They are seeking for someone who has both solid data analysis/programming skills and good academic background. So ivy kids are lucky! They moved very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • explain the US investment visa program and compare it to the similar programs in Canada and Australia   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Credit Sales Manager TJX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

First Interview by phone with HR, standard and efficient, Second Interview by phone with Regional Sales Manger, in depth, friendly and professional, Third interview, Face to Face with Regional Sales Manager (and Client ) Flown from Florida to Boston on a 6am flight, not given adequate time to travel the 65 miles to the corporate office, ground transportation was not pre arranged and pre paid. Arrived to the interview late which was unavoidable. Interview did not go well. Was flown back to different airport than departure airport causing additional expense and time Found out I was no longer a candidate one week later by checking my status on the company website. Never received a response from the Regional Sales Manger to follow up E mail or E mail regarding reimbursement issues. Received reimbursement 3 weeks after expenses submitted

Interview Questions
    • Describe a day in the Life of GE credit sales Manager?   View Answer

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital.

The Most Awful process ever!!!!! After apply to GE Capital for different positions - either the position would be Cancelled After the Phone Screen by either HR or the Hiring Manager or in a couple cases put on hold, I finally got thru the HR and Hiring Manager phone screen and Actually Received the Official Invitation to Interview. I Quickly (within minutes of the email) gave my Availability to Interview as requested for the Following Week...... and waited and waited and waited. Finally after a 5 DAY wait to get the interview scheduled - I sent an email to the Recruiter asking the status - and received no reply. After a couple days, I went to the GE HR website and saw that my status has change from Interview in Process/Planned back to Under Review. How does one go from an official invitation to interview backwards to Under Review and NO ONE had the decency to reach out??????

Interview Questions
    • No questions as the process never got past the Request for Interview Availability and no one ever responded or provided an update.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in May 2014.

Positives: The application process is straightforward: submit resume at GE careers page and do an assessment. If you pass the assessment, you are invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was a review of my resume, a few questions, and a discussion of the position. I was invited to an on-site interview. I couldn't schedule this over the phone because all of the current time-slots for interviews were full. I was told to keep checking my email so I could schedule it later.

Red flag #1: I was told we had to arrive 15 minutes early in business casual and bring along all seven pages of the application I was about to fill out (signed), a print-out of a confirmation of my interview, and a picture ID. I was told that if I didn't fulfill every single thing perfectly or if I was even one minute late, I’d be turned away and would have to wait 6 months to reapply. Don't get me wrong-- job applicants should do all these things. But why does a company feel the need to make a rule explicitly stating it? Why all the micromanagement when you don’t even work there yet?

Red flag #2: when I went to schedule the on-site, the only options they gave me were either the next day (less than 12 hours’ notice) or the day after. There were no other options available. The instructions say that you are supposed to devote two hours to this interview, because it could take this long (not including the 15 minutes early arrival). I am still working at my current job and I have non-work responsibilities that are actually very important, yet I am expected to pretty much drop everything and devote a rather large chunk of time to an interview-- on virtually no notice? Every face-to-face interview I've ever had was schedule a week in advance (or at least 4-5 days), leaving me plenty of time to get prepared and to gather everything I needed. There is no reason that GE cannot do the same.

Red flag #3: I decided after all of this that GE wasn't the company for me. There is no option available for withdrawing your application at all, so I keep getting bombarded with emails (1-3 per day) to schedule my interview. This is super frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were relatively standard. Google "Most Common Interview Questions" and those are the type of questions you'll be asked.   Answer Question

I declined the offer to move on to the next process because after giving it some thought, I decided the company wasn't for me.

Structured Risk/ Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in November 2013.

I made a great contact at the beginning of the year. Asked me to interview last second and the interview was very structured but since I knew the individual, it was more conversational. I bypassed the second round and was supposed to go to the office for the third. Thankfully, GE was great and worked around my schedule to just go through two phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They went in depth about your leadership experience. Don't just have surface level answers but be able to back them up   Answer Question

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

The hiring process was nothing special. The interviewers asked basic questions that you learn your freshman year of college. The key is to have genuine interest in GE and the position. GE Capital is a huge business and there are a lot of thing to learn from it. Although the interview process isn't flashy or exciting, the business itself is amazing and a great experience that made me want to come back.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or surprising questions. If you have read through any basic behavioral interview questions, you won't have any surprises.   Answer Question

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!