GE Capital

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Financial Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Met through on-campus career fair, and received an interview for the next day to take place at my university . The interview was 30 minutes and strictly behavioral. All questions I had seen before and were really straight forward.

Within 2 days I had been offered an interview at their HQ in Norwalk, Connecticut. There was a dinner the night before with current FMP's which was great because we were able to ask them a lot of questions and they were pretty forward with their answers. The next morning consisted of a couple information sessions, two 30 minute interviews, and wrapped up with a lunch with more FMP's.

I got the official offer a week and a half later and accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, as it is a rotational program.

Field Auditor Interview

Quick and painless, it was lengthy, but too be expected for a large corporation. Management and HR was very informative and helpful through the whole process. I was able to shadow an employee prior to joining, which made the decision easier.

FMP Trainee Interview

Went through school's hiring website and had a behavioral interview. After, there was a phone interview that was very similar to the first interview I had. The interviewers were very friendly and nice and was able to give me an idea of how working with GE would be like.

RMP Summer Interview

I applied on campus and the whole process took around 3 weeks. 2nd round was around a week after the first. No technical questions. Mostly fit questions, past experiences, items on your resume. Onsite interview included a group interview to test your ability to work on a team. Both interviewers were very pleasant, and I'm guessing that is universal around the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time someone you know acted unethically.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

I filled out an online application two days ago, there was an assessment of approximately 120 questions total. Shortly after I got done with the job application, I was sent an e-mail from the company that said I could schedule a phone interview for the next day..so I did, a woman called me the next morning at 7:30 am. She asked a series of questions; for example, " Give me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and what did you do to resolve their issue ?
    something on the lines of that anyway.
    After answering all of the questions, she placed me on a brief hold. When she came back on the line, she said that she wanted to offer me a face-to-face interview. Also asking me to bring a photo I.D. , two resumes, and to print off an application in a red link that she had sent me.
    After doing what she asked, I now am awaiting my face-to-face interview!

Interview Questions
    • There didn't seem to be a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question
    Be expecting a long hiring process.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Phone Interview followed by in-person with team leader followed by department manager followed by final phone interview with HR Manager. Took 3 weeks total. Most questions were about my background and why GE was a fit. What have you done in the past that prepares you for your new role? A lot of questions in that line of thought. Take your past and apply it to what you think you would encounter in this new role.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Toughest question,and it really wasn't that tough, was what part of the job would I be the most uncomfortable performing.   View Answer
    No negotiating room. They put an offer on the table and it was strong so I took it. I did ask for more base but they basically said they could not offer more. I was more than happy with it anyhow.

Led Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

Applied online and within a week was scheduled for a phone interview. Next, were in-person interviews with 2 managers, and CFO. I met with each one individually for 30 minutes. The interview style of all 3 was relaxed & mainly conversational. We discussed the position and how my background pertains, i.e. situational questions. Not at all difficult. Left interview feeling pretty good about it. Now, just waiting to hear back on their hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe experience preparing a P/L statement & forecasting?   Answer Question

IT Initiatives Leader (Renamed From "Business Initiatives Leader", I'm Sure Due to Internal Politics ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

Fairly standard big company prescreen process. Throughout the 7 back to back interviews, IT Executive Management was arrogant and, while thinking they are the "smartest guy in the room", far behind in understanding IT Leadership, Program Management, Project Management or Technology. Questions posed were intended to demonstrate how knowledgeable they were, while aimed at intimidating the candidate. Having lived in Eden Prairie for several decades, I know that GE Capital does little outside recruiting. This position is the result of recent internal promotions, of a long-term GE Fleet Finance management team which is very much cloistered and isolated within their own small business unit.

Interview Questions
    • "What if you were asked to implement a way to connect everything to everything, how would you do it?" (Essentially an Internet of Things question - something at the very top of the Gartner "Hype Cycle Peak of Inflated Expectations" as of this writing--and thus not yet terribly well understood, but a great buzz-word.)   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE Capital.

Took online assessment which involved different customer service scenarios. Passed, then received email to set up a phone interview. Missed the first call because the phone never rang. (You are only allowed 2 chances then have to wait 6 months to reapply.) I was told congratulations after a brief hold and I could continue the process. No face to face appointments available yet and to check in periodically to get an open slot. Got one the following week. Intimidating (2 people) and lots of questions and writing things down. There was a job offer extended but 2 days before I was to start the HR lady called to say there was a hold up on my background check and I couldn't start with the group without it. She said I could possibly play catch up if it came within a day. Never called me back so I was left hanging. 3 months later I saw they were hiring again and they said that my application said background check wasn't received by testing facility on time (no fault of my own) and they rescheduled ANOTHER face to face. I went yesterday and it was 1 lady (less invasive interview.) I do believe I have to do another background check. I also had to bring papers (resume, section 19...) again. I had to fill out application again. You sign your life away and it feels like you're applying for a job with the FBI. Unfortunately no one seems to know what's going on and has any real answers as to why I'm repeating the process. Ill just continue to jump through hoops I guess. So THIS time she did not extend a job offer unlike the first time. I may have come across as annoyed because of the repeat procedure and didn't mean to. I DID mention what had happened and it may have been a mistake to do that because she might have felt that I thought I was already golden because I had been offered a position previously.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle extra work your manager gave you and continue to get your own work done.   View Answer

IT Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

Well organized. I started with recruiter and a phone interview with hiring manager followed by onsite interviews with business colleagues, senior IT leaders (including CIO) and HR. I spent 45 minutes to an hour with each person. Each interview was very informative and interactive. Great people and great process from parking, security check in, and interview schedule allowing for enough time to learn about the company and the role. The people I interviewed with were intelligent, experienced and a mix of new and tenured employees.

Interview Questions
    • None come to mind. A lot of experience questions, cultural fit questions, etc.   Answer Question