GE Capital Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital.

I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview was quite easy, just resume questions and basic technical questions based on my skill set. They are seeking for someone who has both solid data analysis/programming skills and good academic background. So ivy kids are lucky! They moved very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • explain the US investment visa program and compare it to the similar programs in Canada and Australia   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Credit Sales Manager TJX Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

First Interview by phone with HR, standard and efficient, Second Interview by phone with Regional Sales Manger, in depth, friendly and professional, Third interview, Face to Face with Regional Sales Manager (and Client ) Flown from Florida to Boston on a 6am flight, not given adequate time to travel the 65 miles to the corporate office, ground transportation was not pre arranged and pre paid. Arrived to the interview late which was unavoidable. Interview did not go well. Was flown back to different airport than departure airport causing additional expense and time Found out I was no longer a candidate one week later by checking my status on the company website. Never received a response from the Regional Sales Manger to follow up E mail or E mail regarding reimbursement issues. Received reimbursement 3 weeks after expenses submitted

Interview Questions
    • Describe a day in the Life of GE credit sales Manager?   View Answer

Finance Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital.

The Most Awful process ever!!!!! After apply to GE Capital for different positions - either the position would be Cancelled After the Phone Screen by either HR or the Hiring Manager or in a couple cases put on hold, I finally got thru the HR and Hiring Manager phone screen and Actually Received the Official Invitation to Interview. I Quickly (within minutes of the email) gave my Availability to Interview as requested for the Following Week...... and waited and waited and waited. Finally after a 5 DAY wait to get the interview scheduled - I sent an email to the Recruiter asking the status - and received no reply. After a couple days, I went to the GE HR website and saw that my status has change from Interview in Process/Planned back to Under Review. How does one go from an official invitation to interview backwards to Under Review and NO ONE had the decency to reach out??????

Interview Questions
    • No questions as the process never got past the Request for Interview Availability and no one ever responded or provided an update.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in May 2014.

Positives: The application process is straightforward: submit resume at GE careers page and do an assessment. If you pass the assessment, you are invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was a review of my resume, a few questions, and a discussion of the position. I was invited to an on-site interview. I couldn't schedule this over the phone because all of the current time-slots for interviews were full. I was told to keep checking my email so I could schedule it later.

Red flag #1: I was told we had to arrive 15 minutes early in business casual and bring along all seven pages of the application I was about to fill out (signed), a print-out of a confirmation of my interview, and a picture ID. I was told that if I didn't fulfill every single thing perfectly or if I was even one minute late, I’d be turned away and would have to wait 6 months to reapply. Don't get me wrong-- job applicants should do all these things. But why does a company feel the need to make a rule explicitly stating it? Why all the micromanagement when you don’t even work there yet?

Red flag #2: when I went to schedule the on-site, the only options they gave me were either the next day (less than 12 hours’ notice) or the day after. There were no other options available. The instructions say that you are supposed to devote two hours to this interview, because it could take this long (not including the 15 minutes early arrival). I am still working at my current job and I have non-work responsibilities that are actually very important, yet I am expected to pretty much drop everything and devote a rather large chunk of time to an interview-- on virtually no notice? Every face-to-face interview I've ever had was schedule a week in advance (or at least 4-5 days), leaving me plenty of time to get prepared and to gather everything I needed. There is no reason that GE cannot do the same.

Red flag #3: I decided after all of this that GE wasn't the company for me. There is no option available for withdrawing your application at all, so I keep getting bombarded with emails (1-3 per day) to schedule my interview. This is super frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were relatively standard. Google "Most Common Interview Questions" and those are the type of questions you'll be asked.   Answer Question

I declined the offer to move on to the next process because after giving it some thought, I decided the company wasn't for me.

Structured Risk/ Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in November 2013.

I made a great contact at the beginning of the year. Asked me to interview last second and the interview was very structured but since I knew the individual, it was more conversational. I bypassed the second round and was supposed to go to the office for the third. Thankfully, GE was great and worked around my schedule to just go through two phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They went in depth about your leadership experience. Don't just have surface level answers but be able to back them up   Answer Question

FMP Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

The hiring process was nothing special. The interviewers asked basic questions that you learn your freshman year of college. The key is to have genuine interest in GE and the position. GE Capital is a huge business and there are a lot of thing to learn from it. Although the interview process isn't flashy or exciting, the business itself is amazing and a great experience that made me want to come back.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or surprising questions. If you have read through any basic behavioral interview questions, you won't have any surprises.   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Capital in June 2014.

By far the most drawn out interview and hiring process I've ever been put through. It took approximately three and a half months between completing my application to the time I finally received confirmation regarding the job, and after the company purposely wasted my time and money they didn't even have the decency of calling to inform me that they had chosen a different candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many questions, none of which were overly difficult.   Answer Question

All Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

Be sure to use the EARL method process for answering questions, expect to be asked multistep questions, and about strengths and weaknesses. The interview process is lengthy, and the offer process is also long. Be patient, it will be worth it. There will be a lot of back and forth, and perhaps multiple rounds, depending on the slate.

Intern Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round with future colleagues including two directors and the current intern. Second round with the hiring director again and the head of the team (MD).

Paralegal Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview was fine , 1 week hiring. One on two with a person that I was not even going to work for. The person I was going to work for said nothing.

There was no training program for my specific podition, had to be in with customer service and accounting people. Once I got to the work station i had a nuddy but was exprctef yo figure it out on my own was 70%. Then yhere are no bonuses or insentive pay. Plus I told the up front I wad not going yo be doing collection. They gave collections the third week. Also ran into very aggressive people that had low tolerance for newbies.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!