GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Collateral Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

I was referred by someone who knew the Team Lead. She sent me an internal application. I applied and was interviewed by 3 different HR people within a 3 week span before the in person interview. This took 1.5 hours and was with 2 different managers.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position? What did you do at your last position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Capital (Bridgeport, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard two round interview phone call process. First interview about me and the second interview was about answering performance based questions and using examples to display my knowledge and skills.

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished in you current position?   1 Answer
    • What mistakes have you made?   1 Answer

After going through two rounds of phone interviewing, on the third call they explained after interviewing that they feel that I would be bored in the position. They then proceeded to offer me another position. However with my schooling I declined as I was not able to relocate for the position. I did not want to apply and start over in another Masters program. They told me to call them back once I graduated and we can go from there.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

I got a phone screen invitation only after a few days applying. The interviewer is nice and questions mostly consists of behavioral questions. Second round is a in-person interview. There are three interviewers asking again behavioral questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was standard with an initial interview followed by several follow ups. The interviewer seemed uninterested and was very mechanical in his questioning. I wasn't sure if GE was the right place for me, but after contact with the interviewer I realized I wouldn't fit in.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, mostly fit. He threw in a quick "describe your favorite finance term and what it means" but nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview; had multiple rounds of that with various managers. Some of the interviewers had the vibe that they were a Goldman Sachs type Tier 1 Bank; but they aren't. Posturing only goes so far. Most interviewers were nice, except for one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around why anyone would want to take a job in rural Connecticut.   Answer Question

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Met through on-campus career fair, and received an interview for the next day to take place at my university . The interview was 30 minutes and strictly behavioral. All questions I had seen before and were really straight forward.

Within 2 days I had been offered an interview at their HQ in Norwalk, Connecticut. There was a dinner the night before with current FMP's which was great because we were able to ask them a lot of questions and they were pretty forward with their answers. The next morning consisted of a couple information sessions, two 30 minute interviews, and wrapped up with a lunch with more FMP's.

I got the official offer a week and a half later and accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, as it is a rotational program.

Field Auditor Interview

Interview

Quick and painless, it was lengthy, but too be expected for a large corporation. Management and HR was very informative and helpful through the whole process. I was able to shadow an employee prior to joining, which made the decision easier.

FMP Trainee Interview

Interview

Went through school's hiring website and had a behavioral interview. After, there was a phone interview that was very similar to the first interview I had. The interviewers were very friendly and nice and was able to give me an idea of how working with GE would be like.

RMP Summer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on campus and the whole process took around 3 weeks. 2nd round was around a week after the first. No technical questions. Mostly fit questions, past experiences, items on your resume. Onsite interview included a group interview to test your ability to work on a team. Both interviewers were very pleasant, and I'm guessing that is universal around the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone you know acted unethically.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application two days ago, there was an assessment of approximately 120 questions total. Shortly after I got done with the job application, I was sent an e-mail from the company that said I could schedule a phone interview for the next day..so I did, a woman called me the next morning at 7:30 am. She asked a series of questions; for example, " Give me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and what did you do to resolve their issue ?
    something on the lines of that anyway.
    After answering all of the questions, she placed me on a brief hold. When she came back on the line, she said that she wanted to offer me a face-to-face interview. Also asking me to bring a photo I.D. , two resumes, and to print off an application in a red link that she had sent me.
    After doing what she asked, I now am awaiting my face-to-face interview!

Interview Questions

• There didn't seem to be a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be expecting a long hiring process.