GE Capital

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.9

Actuarial Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE Capital.

I got a phone screen invitation only after a few days applying. The interviewer is nice and questions mostly consists of behavioral questions. Second round is a in-person interview. There are three interviewers asking again behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

The first step was leaving my CV at GE stand during a university recruiting event. I received a call a couple of weeks after to inform me of an openings. The interview with the manager was set 3-4 days after the call, with some degree of flexibility to take into account your needs.

Interview Questions
    • The interview on campus lasted 15 minutes. Questions were: Tell me a situation were you used your leadership skill. What position would you prefer and why? She started speaking English and asked me about my exchange, what I noticed of that country that is different from Italy.

The interview with the manager was fairly similar, but more focused on university and exams taken. What exams did you like at university and why? Why do you want to do this job? How does this fit with your university career? Why this as first job? How is your English?
      I think no detailed technical questions were asked because of my degree in Finance, I was a little surprised about that. Overall it was quick, maybe 30 minutes

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

The process was standard with an initial interview followed by several follow ups. The interviewer seemed uninterested and was very mechanical in his questioning. I wasn't sure if GE was the right place for me, but after contact with the interviewer I realized I wouldn't fit in.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, mostly fit. He threw in a quick "describe your favorite finance term and what it means" but nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Transaction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

I Applied online, was contacted by HR about a month later and scheduled a 30 min phone interview. Then I Interviewed with four different managers. A couple of days later I was contacted by HR for another 30 minute phone interview.

The interviews with the Managers were very helpful. They help clarify what was expected of the candidate.

A bit disappointed since I haven't heard from HR or the hiring manager. (It's been 4 months)

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Capital in February 2013.

The interviewer went to my school for the same graduate degree yet I felt that he did not take his job as seriously as interviewers from other companies. He seemed misinformed and disinterested. It ended up not having a good impression of the company because of that. Its interesting that the interviewer did not respond to my email thanking him for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult past was getting the interviewers to be engaged   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

Typical behavioral interview; had multiple rounds of that with various managers. Some of the interviewers had the vibe that they were a Goldman Sachs type Tier 1 Bank; but they aren't. Posturing only goes so far. Most interviewers were nice, except for one interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions revolved around why anyone would want to take a job in rural Connecticut.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in March 2011.

HR - Behavioral, fit, standard "tell me about a time" questions

Managers / coworkers - half fit and small talk questions seemingly aimed at feeling out your personality.

Half experience content questions - mostly geared towards how what you have done relates to the opening.

Interview Questions
    • GE emphasizes project management (something i did not have much experience in). If you don't have great examples of project management, think about how to package what you have done to address this.   View Answer

IT Initiatives Leader (Renamed From "Business Initiatives Leader", I'm Sure Due to Internal Politics ) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

Fairly standard big company prescreen process. Throughout the 7 back to back interviews, IT Executive Management was arrogant and, while thinking they are the "smartest guy in the room", far behind in understanding IT Leadership, Program Management, Project Management or Technology. Questions posed were intended to demonstrate how knowledgeable they were, while aimed at intimidating the candidate. Having lived in Eden Prairie for several decades, I know that GE Capital does little outside recruiting. This position is the result of recent internal promotions, of a long-term GE Fleet Finance management team which is very much cloistered and isolated within their own small business unit.

Interview Questions
    • "What if you were asked to implement a way to connect everything to everything, how would you do it?" (Essentially an Internet of Things question - something at the very top of the Gartner "Hype Cycle Peak of Inflated Expectations" as of this writing--and thus not yet terribly well understood, but a great buzz-word.)   View Answer

Financial Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Met through on-campus career fair, and received an interview for the next day to take place at my university . The interview was 30 minutes and strictly behavioral. All questions I had seen before and were really straight forward.

Within 2 days I had been offered an interview at their HQ in Norwalk, Connecticut. There was a dinner the night before with current FMP's which was great because we were able to ask them a lot of questions and they were pretty forward with their answers. The next morning consisted of a couple information sessions, two 30 minute interviews, and wrapped up with a lunch with more FMP's.

I got the official offer a week and a half later and accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, as it is a rotational program.

RMP Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in October 2011.

The hiring process began on campus with an interview. The interview was conducted by a senior risk professional and an HR rep. The questions were primarily behavioral, scenario based questions asking how you would react under said circumstance. A few basic technical financial questions.

After making it through the first round on campus, there was a "Superday" interview. This included breakfast a Q&A session among candidates with current employees, and then the interview process. There were three separate interviews which asked similar behavioral and personality questions. The interviews left time for questions, so doing homework on what the company does, and pertinent questions about current industry dynamics will help you stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how depreciation impacts all three financial statements.   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a moral dilemma, and how you overcame the conflict.   Answer Question
    The offer was a standard package and the same for all candidates. Candidates do not have negotiating leverage.