GE Capital

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in March 2011.

HR - Behavioral, fit, standard "tell me about a time" questions

Managers / coworkers - half fit and small talk questions seemingly aimed at feeling out your personality.

Half experience content questions - mostly geared towards how what you have done relates to the opening.

Interview Questions
    • GE emphasizes project management (something i did not have much experience in). If you don't have great examples of project management, think about how to package what you have done to address this.   View Answer

IT Initiatives Leader (Renamed From "Business Initiatives Leader", I'm Sure Due to Internal Politics ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

Fairly standard big company prescreen process. Throughout the 7 back to back interviews, IT Executive Management was arrogant and, while thinking they are the "smartest guy in the room", far behind in understanding IT Leadership, Program Management, Project Management or Technology. Questions posed were intended to demonstrate how knowledgeable they were, while aimed at intimidating the candidate. Having lived in Eden Prairie for several decades, I know that GE Capital does little outside recruiting. This position is the result of recent internal promotions, of a long-term GE Fleet Finance management team which is very much cloistered and isolated within their own small business unit.

Interview Questions
    • "What if you were asked to implement a way to connect everything to everything, how would you do it?" (Essentially an Internet of Things question - something at the very top of the Gartner "Hype Cycle Peak of Inflated Expectations" as of this writing--and thus not yet terribly well understood, but a great buzz-word.)   View Answer

Financial Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Met through on-campus career fair, and received an interview for the next day to take place at my university . The interview was 30 minutes and strictly behavioral. All questions I had seen before and were really straight forward.

Within 2 days I had been offered an interview at their HQ in Norwalk, Connecticut. There was a dinner the night before with current FMP's which was great because we were able to ask them a lot of questions and they were pretty forward with their answers. The next morning consisted of a couple information sessions, two 30 minute interviews, and wrapped up with a lunch with more FMP's.

I got the official offer a week and a half later and accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, as it is a rotational program.

RMP Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in October 2011.

The hiring process began on campus with an interview. The interview was conducted by a senior risk professional and an HR rep. The questions were primarily behavioral, scenario based questions asking how you would react under said circumstance. A few basic technical financial questions.

After making it through the first round on campus, there was a "Superday" interview. This included breakfast a Q&A session among candidates with current employees, and then the interview process. There were three separate interviews which asked similar behavioral and personality questions. The interviews left time for questions, so doing homework on what the company does, and pertinent questions about current industry dynamics will help you stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how depreciation impacts all three financial statements.   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a moral dilemma, and how you overcame the conflict.   Answer Question
    The offer was a standard package and the same for all candidates. Candidates do not have negotiating leverage.

Process Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

consists 4 rounds for non voice process the first round will be personnel introduction and the second voice and accent where you are judged which process suits you wethere voice or non voice. and the third is aptitude. fourth is operations and this one is the final round .

Field Auditor Interview

Quick and painless, it was lengthy, but too be expected for a large corporation. Management and HR was very informative and helpful through the whole process. I was able to shadow an employee prior to joining, which made the decision easier.

FMP Trainee Interview

Went through school's hiring website and had a behavioral interview. After, there was a phone interview that was very similar to the first interview I had. The interviewers were very friendly and nice and was able to give me an idea of how working with GE would be like.

RMP Summer Interview

I applied on campus and the whole process took around 3 weeks. 2nd round was around a week after the first. No technical questions. Mostly fit questions, past experiences, items on your resume. Onsite interview included a group interview to test your ability to work on a team. Both interviewers were very pleasant, and I'm guessing that is universal around the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time someone you know acted unethically.   Answer Question

RMP Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in October 2014.

I was flown out to their corporate headquarters in Norwalk, CN. There were 25 people in the final round. First we had lunch, then there was a workshop explaining Risk Management followed by a group case study and then a behavioral interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

I filled out an online application two days ago, there was an assessment of approximately 120 questions total. Shortly after I got done with the job application, I was sent an e-mail from the company that said I could schedule a phone interview for the next day..so I did, a woman called me the next morning at 7:30 am. She asked a series of questions; for example, " Give me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and what did you do to resolve their issue ?
    something on the lines of that anyway.
    After answering all of the questions, she placed me on a brief hold. When she came back on the line, she said that she wanted to offer me a face-to-face interview. Also asking me to bring a photo I.D. , two resumes, and to print off an application in a red link that she had sent me.
    After doing what she asked, I now am awaiting my face-to-face interview!

Interview Questions
    • There didn't seem to be a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question
    Be expecting a long hiring process.