GE Capital

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

All Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

Be sure to use the EARL method process for answering questions, expect to be asked multistep questions, and about strengths and weaknesses. The interview process is lengthy, and the offer process is also long. Be patient, it will be worth it. There will be a lot of back and forth, and perhaps multiple rounds, depending on the slate.

Intern Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round with future colleagues including two directors and the current intern. Second round with the hiring director again and the head of the team (MD).

Paralegal Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE Capital.

Interview was fine , 1 week hiring. One on two with a person that I was not even going to work for. The person I was going to work for said nothing.

There was no training program for my specific podition, had to be in with customer service and accounting people. Once I got to the work station i had a nuddy but was exprctef yo figure it out on my own was 70%. Then yhere are no bonuses or insentive pay. Plus I told the up front I wad not going yo be doing collection. They gave collections the third week. Also ran into very aggressive people that had low tolerance for newbies.

Data Entry, Lockbox Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Capital.

Fill out application, wait for a call to see if they will interview you, go in for interview, the process took about a week, there is no second interview unless you've applied for a management position, a panel will ask you a series to see if you will be the best fit for the position you applied for.

CFS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

The initial process took about two-three weeks. You will need to print a 14 page application for the onsite interview. A lot of questions about diversity with the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a diverse group.   View Answer

Credit Sales Manager TJX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

First Interview by phone with HR, standard and efficient, Second Interview by phone with Regional Sales Manger, in depth, friendly and professional, Third interview, Face to Face with Regional Sales Manager (and Client ) Flown from Florida to Boston on a 6am flight, not given adequate time to travel the 65 miles to the corporate office, ground transportation was not pre arranged and pre paid. Arrived to the interview late which was unavoidable. Interview did not go well. Was flown back to different airport than departure airport causing additional expense and time Found out I was no longer a candidate one week later by checking my status on the company website. Never received a response from the Regional Sales Manger to follow up E mail or E mail regarding reimbursement issues. Received reimbursement 3 weeks after expenses submitted

Interview Questions
    • Describe a day in the Life of GE credit sales Manager?   View Answer

ITLP Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Contacted by a campus recruiter, submitted resume and got an interview time. Interviews with GE on campus are usually done by alumni (many times also very important high level management). There is a recent push to have a more lax interview that hopes to showcase how you can help GE make a real world impact. After the first interview I stayed in contact and was later notified of my second interview which was conducted by phone. The second interview went even more smoothly as the interviewer pretty much let me know that I had gotten the internship.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions in the interview, with that being said (sigh of relief for all), there was no curveball question in my interview, they just want to know what you're about and how you could fit in with at GE.   View Answer
    Just sent an offer letter, no negotiation as it's an internship.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE Capital.

One of GE's headhunters contacted me and turned me over to a GE HR specialist for the first phone interview. She didn't ask me any questions at all, which was actually disconcerting. She didn't have any details on the job at all (she had the annual spend wrong, didn't know what categories would be involved, couldn't answer questions about the culture or work environment etc). I never heard back. Very strange and unproffesional. At least I don't feel bad about the process not going further, since it would not be a good idea to work at such a place.

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital in June 2014.

By far the most drawn out interview and hiring process I've ever been put through. It took approximately three and a half months between completing my application to the time I finally received confirmation regarding the job, and after the company purposely wasted my time and money they didn't even have the decency of calling to inform me that they had chosen a different candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many questions, none of which were overly difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Capital in June 2014.

I did not apply for this position but was contacted by a recruiter. Was then set up for a phone interview with another recruiter. Answered the questions and felt prepared. I was told I would hear back either way regarding next steps. To date I have heard nothing and this was 4 weeks ago. I called the recruiter and left a message, no return call received.