GE Capital

2.9

Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merriam, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merriam, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in March 2014.

If you apply online and make it through the never-ending testing, you will get an email telling you to expect a call or to call and make an appointment for an interview. Once in the room, I was double-teamed with one primary interviewer and one secondary. I was asked lots of psychological, personality discovery questions and prior experience questions. I thought things went well and I was very up front about what I had been doing for the past 20 years. They left me after about 40 minutes and went to speak with another person. I was alone for another 45 minutes or so, then was taken to another small office. The person there was a department manager, had my resume and the interview notes, then proceeded to offer me a letter of employment which I had to sign. I was taken by surprise. Normally, there are at least two or three levels of interviews before anyone makes up their mind about hiring. In the end, I had been offered a job in a different department, on a different shift, for a different rate of pay (one additional dollar per hour). After that, I had to wait for about three weeks before I began, but I received many email messages to make sure I had my drug test and signed up for benefits, and so on. I had great hope but in the end, it was not to be. The training was not sufficient for me to perform flawlessly during my first week on the phones.
    Looking back, I'm glad.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Period.. ...at least at this level.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE Capital in March 2014.

Applied online and first had a phone interview with an HR rep. Basic questions. Decided to pursue and the week after I had an in person interview. Met with 3 managers and they all were great. Basically went through my resume and asked basic questions. They explained a lot about the company and role itself.

Data Warehouse Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Capital.

After meeting with nine different people and having each tell me that they thought I was their leading selection with the exception of one woman, who clearly was not having a good day. I thought that I would at the very least receive some feedback for the nearly 7 hours I spent being interviewed.

Associate/Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in February 2014.

Applied on the GE website. Got an email 2 weeks later from an HR person to set up a phone screen. GE uses a third-party to do their HR. The phone screen was pretty standard (i.e. give an example of how you led a team; salary requirements; why are you leaving your current job). I asked specific questions about the group and the role, but they didnt have the answer and told me to ask the hiring manager.

A week later got an email from the HR person saying the hiring manager wants me to come in for an in-person interview. Met with the hiring manager (MD), a VP, and AVP, then lunch with a VP and an associate for a total of 5 hours. Questions were standard, nothing too technical. Talk about your experience, why GE, what do you like/dislike about current role, where do you see yourself in 5 yrs. As I was wrapping up the interview before lunch, the VP indicated there would be a case study to submit within 48 hrs. After following up the next day, they said they would send it that night before the holiday weekend, but they never did. So followed up 1 last time after the weekend. Was hoping to at least showcase my analytical/modeling abilities, but never got the chance. Got a call back from the MD a week later saying I didn't get the offer and received some feedback. I respect that they actually called back and provided feedback on the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE Capital.

One interview, recommended by professor

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE Capital in February 2014.

Smooth process, GE is considerate to candidate's schedule

Interview Questions
    • Getting grasp of internal GE culture and their expectation of candidate   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Capital.

This was a typical first round interview. Questions were just meant to see if the candidate was a good fit with the company. Nothing was really tricky and the interviewer was very friendly. Overall, I would say this was a good experience even though I was not given a job offer.

Credit Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GE Capital.

Important to do your research on the position and overall market before entering any GE interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions posed a challenge, but the idea is to make sure that you are the right fit for the position in which your are applying.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Pre-interview Dinner at Ruth Chris with 3 employers. First Round: One 30 minute campus interview with 2/3 previous employers. Second round: Three 45 minute interviews with 3 different employees within Risk Management.

didn't need to.

CLP Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Capital.

One phone interview. Only had one 30 minute phone interview and it was very standard. Was offered the internship two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest decision you have made with you education?   View Answer

I am not interested in the industry.