GE Capital Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
205 interviews

2.9

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2009.

First interview is with recruiter for 30 minutes, considered a pre-screen interview. The second interview is often (but not always) a full day on-site interview consisting of one hour interview segments with middle management, co-workers and Sr. Management. The final interview is conducted one on one with the hiring manager. This final interview may at times be part of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Outline the strategy you will implement within this role both short terma and long term   View Answer
    Very quick with great follow up

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in April 2013.

Extremely professional environment/interview etc. Completely renovated building with modern workstations/offices. Nice lobby and large reception area on conference room floor. Modernized conference, VCS and Telepresence rooms. If your manager is not onsite to interview you will be interviewed via Video conference. The interview process can be long and take months but it's worth it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle yourself in a Matrix environment.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at GE Capital.

Two interviews--first round on campus, second round interview at headquarters--one on one with three different people, and they feed you breakfast (at the morning interviews at least); on campus interview included a meal. Got caught at an airport in a storm, but they paid for hotel and taxi for the night.

Interview Questions
    • Which one of these functional areas out of the four we offer are you most interested in?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in October 2013.

I applied online through their website back in mid October strictly through submitting a resume and completing a simulated work type process (basically a simulated office to weed out who can preform daily task in office). About a week later received an email to complete the actual application (very detailed)upon completion was able to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consist of basic what would you do if questions. If the interviewer likes your responses your invited to do an onsite. (warning) they have high volume of applicants so it took almost two weeks just to schedule an onsite interview.

The onsite interview took maybe 15 minutes with basically the same what would you do, how have you handled type question based off your previous work experience. They like when you ask questions! Currently waiting on an offer

Interview Questions
    • How have you gone beyond you job description? Have you been asked to do anything un-ethical and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

FP&A Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at GE Capital.

interviewed at the headquarters in Connecticut. The interview was mostly behavioral. it almost seems like they're looking for more of a cultural fit.

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2010.

Applied online, called a few weeks later, several phone interviews since I was out of state, they flew me up to the offices in CT for an in person interview, a few weeks later an offer was made, my start date was flexible to allow for move. Overall it was a good experience, but a little dragged out.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything too unexpected, but there were a few technical questions. The in person interview was mostly to see if there was a good fit with the team.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview with recruiter who was very nice. Interviewed via phone, basic questions, reviewed my resume and experience. Received an email three days later for a face to face interview with the hiring manager in the Chicago office. Upon arrival the hiring manager let me know they were busy and didn't have time to interview me. The interview lasted about 12 minutes before I was hustled out the door. Was a huge waste of my time. If the hiring manager didn't have time or didn't feel I was qualified for the position I should had never been scheduled to come in anyway. Have not heard back, not interested. I couldn't imagine working with this person.

Interview Questions
    • None. When you get 12 minutes, there were really no questions asked.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Very friendly, and supportive

not enough money

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

The interview process for a business analyst positions at GE Capital are fairly smooth. You have to interview with a few team members and most of the questions are based on your experiences rather than technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do your experiences match up with the job description?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merriam, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merriam, KS

I interviewed online - interviewed at GE Capital.

Applied online, had to do a questionnaire, a hypothetical problem.... more time consuming than anything. Then there was a telephone interview and the man on the phone was either typing everything I said down or surfing the web hard core... The in person interview was done by two people I had to wait in a long line and thirty minutes after I was scheduled to be there I was invited into a room with two nice hiring managers and they asked a many "What would you do" questions and took copious notes. Once they deliberated outside I then met my HR rep who was very friendly and offered me a position and laid out everything I needed to do in the coming days.