GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

CLP Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE Capital.

One phone interview. Only had one 30 minute phone interview and it was very standard. Was offered the internship two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest decision you have made with you education?   View Answer

I am not interested in the industry.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital.

Pre-interview Dinner at Ruth Chris with 3 employers. First Round: One 30 minute campus interview with 2/3 previous employers. Second round: Three 45 minute interviews with 3 different employees within Risk Management.

didn't need to.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Capital in December 2013.

After a very rather lengthy and detailed phone interview I was told congratulations and given a time and date (Monday 12-16 at noon) for an in person interview. Prior to that, however, I had to fill out and complete an online application and about 14 other documents and steps plus a confidentiality agreement. I was also instructed to sign the app and other documents, print off all 18 pages and bring them with to the interview. The interview invitation email also requested I arrive 15 minutes early and instructed to allow up to TWO HOURS for the interview process, contained the building address and stated to dress business casual "no jeans or sneakers please"

I arrived dressed appropriately with all requested documents at approximately 11:45 and went up to the security desk on the third floor as instructed in the email. However, there was no security person in the security office but there was one other applicant already waiting to check in as well. So I got in line behind him and about five minutes or so passed and still no security person arrived but another applicant did, so now there was three of us waiting. Approximately another five minutes goes by and the security guy finally returns checks the three of us in and gives us all are little "visitor" badges. He then tell us to wait in the lobby and somebody will be right out to get us- it is now right about noon the scheduled interview time.

So almost immediately someone did come out to the lobby greeted the woman applicant, who had arrived last, took her into a small interview office and closed the door, so I figured we would soon be next. Unfortunately, I was so wrong- we waited and we waited and we waited some more. At 12:30 I thought the wait was getting just a tad excessive so I inquired with the security guard and he informed me that this is normal because the two hour interview block INCLUDES wait time. So we both sat there in the lobby surfing the web and texting for another 25 minutes when finally two women came out into the lobby, apologized for the long wait and asked the guy I was waiting with to come into the interview room also stating they would be "right back to get me".

So now another ten minutes go by and it is now 1:10pm I have been there nearly a hour and a half of the allotted two hour time frame and I'm still staring at the lobby walls. Finally, at 1:15 one of the same two women comes back out to the lobby and asks my name and then asks "what position are you applying for again?" I told her "customer service rep" and she says "oh okay good I will be right back" and left the lobby again!

That WAS IT! What a joke, I am now done with this place, so I get up and walk over to the security office to return my little "visitor" badge and guess who is gone again! Yep that's right the security guard must be out on another smoke break! So I tossed the badge in the trash can by the elevator on my way out.

End result GE wasted about three hours of my time, about $9 in gas money and a whole bunch of my printer ink! They said the position pays $14.50/hour so since that is clearly what GE values my time at thus I just sent them an invoice $43.50 (I guess I will eat the gas and ink expense)

Moral of the long story here guys- Don't waste your time, money or ink on this Global Conglomerate Joke of a company!!!

Interview Questions
    • "What position are you applying for, again?"   View Answer

I got an offer to reschedule the interview for another day- WHAT A JOKE!

Senior Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

Very long process. First phone screen for 30 min. Then a panel interview two weeks later.About a month later a one on one interview with a managing director. A month later interview with manager and director. HR last one

Interview Questions
    • explain a situation where you have to deal with an increase volume of work in a tight deadline. describe how you responded to the request knowing you were already working on an important project   Answer Question

low pay

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2009.

First interview is with recruiter for 30 minutes, considered a pre-screen interview. The second interview is often (but not always) a full day on-site interview consisting of one hour interview segments with middle management, co-workers and Sr. Management. The final interview is conducted one on one with the hiring manager. This final interview may at times be part of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Outline the strategy you will implement within this role both short terma and long term   View Answer
    Very quick with great follow up

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in April 2013.

Extremely professional environment/interview etc. Completely renovated building with modern workstations/offices. Nice lobby and large reception area on conference room floor. Modernized conference, VCS and Telepresence rooms. If your manager is not onsite to interview you will be interviewed via Video conference. The interview process can be long and take months but it's worth it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle yourself in a Matrix environment.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE Capital.

Two interviews--first round on campus, second round interview at headquarters--one on one with three different people, and they feed you breakfast (at the morning interviews at least); on campus interview included a meal. Got caught at an airport in a storm, but they paid for hotel and taxi for the night.

Interview Questions
    • Which one of these functional areas out of the four we offer are you most interested in?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in October 2013.

I applied online through their website back in mid October strictly through submitting a resume and completing a simulated work type process (basically a simulated office to weed out who can preform daily task in office). About a week later received an email to complete the actual application (very detailed)upon completion was able to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consist of basic what would you do if questions. If the interviewer likes your responses your invited to do an onsite. (warning) they have high volume of applicants so it took almost two weeks just to schedule an onsite interview.

The onsite interview took maybe 15 minutes with basically the same what would you do, how have you handled type question based off your previous work experience. They like when you ask questions! Currently waiting on an offer

Interview Questions
    • How have you gone beyond you job description? Have you been asked to do anything un-ethical and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

FP&A Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE Capital.

interviewed at the headquarters in Connecticut. The interview was mostly behavioral. it almost seems like they're looking for more of a cultural fit.

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2010.

Applied online, called a few weeks later, several phone interviews since I was out of state, they flew me up to the offices in CT for an in person interview, a few weeks later an offer was made, my start date was flexible to allow for move. Overall it was a good experience, but a little dragged out.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything too unexpected, but there were a few technical questions. The in person interview was mostly to see if there was a good fit with the team.   Answer Question