GE Capital Interview Questions in Norwalk, CT

Updated Sep 4, 2015

Vice President IT AUDIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Overall smooth until the end. I had three separate interviews and then interviewed with the head of IT audit who seemed completely disinterested and distracted. Glad I didn't get the job as they are dismantling GE Capital which will result in a lot of layoffs. The environment seemed a little too hyper competitive and metrics driven.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness and strengths.   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

The interview process was extensive and competitive. Be prepared, do your homework. Interviewed first on campus; a few weeks later I was invited for a day of additional interviews at the company where I met with 3 additional individuals, separately.

Interview Questions

• From general technical skills that one may have to questions related to leadership and managing/dealing with group dynamics.   Answer Question

Regulatory Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Four parts: 1. Telephone screening with a 3rd party HR company - short conversation, about 30 minutes, walk through resume and relevant job experience 2. Telephone interview with member of the team I was interviewing for - about 25 minutes, discussed relevant job experience, and availability for interview 3. In person meeting with 4 team members - thirty minutes each - very pleasant. Great team and working environment. Discussed work experience and ideas for improving pressure points within the company 4. GE HR screening interview - Uncomfortable to say the very least. Met with Heather Michaud, who conducted an overly aggressive interview. She spent significant time comparing my experiences to her own, and tooting her own professional horn. When discussing questions she asked, she would interrupt to redirect, or reflect on a non-professional opinion she had. After this meeting, I would not have accepted a position even if it were offered. Left a terrible impression of the company and I left disgusted.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider relocating for this position? How would your commute be if you did not relocate?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days received an email asking to setup an initial phone screening. The initial phone screening is with a third party recruiter that entailed fairly basic questions pertaining to the job requirements. From there, I qualified for a phone interview with hiring manager, again basic questions pertaining to my experience, etc. About a week later I was asked to the on-site interview where I interviewed with the hiring manager and two of his superiors, each interview lasting about 40 mins. Everyone was very nice, the questions were more technical in nature in addition to being asked a number of behavioral type questions. I was contacted about a week after the on sites to setup another 30 min phone interview, this time with an HR manager. I was asked questions similar to what I had been asked at the on site interviews. They informed me that they would be making a decision within a week and that It was narrowed down to me and one or two other candidates. I didn't hear anything for about two weeks, now realizing that I probably was no longer in the running. About three weeks after my phone interview with the HR manager, I received an automated email message stating I was no longer being pursued as a candidate. I knew that they had interviewed a few internal candidates which sometimes sets any external candidates a step behind, but I felt that I was given a fair chance at presenting my skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you led a project and how did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Talk about some of your weaknesses, more than one   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process for a business analyst positions at GE Capital are fairly smooth. You have to interview with a few team members and most of the questions are based on your experiences rather than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences match up with the job description?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in July 2013.

Interview

Standard phone screen, followed by in-person with hiring manager and greater team. Brought into HQ and given the standard run-down of 'opportunities available,' what is expected,' etc. It was very standard and as expected for financial analyst position

Interview Questions

• probing questions around banking regulatory environment to gauge interviewee knowledge/interest   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

I applied online and got a call from their audit recruiter. I came in for a couple different rounds of interviews. The company seems like it has a unique culture and the GE way of doing things. After the second round it wasn't a place that I really wanted to be a part of. The group was very disorganized. Perhaps that comes from only being a couple years old and a new function. I was surprised that their leadership in the Audit department was so young and inexperienced. I think they are individuals that come from an internal GE management program and they rotate through.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses. - Pretty poor interview question.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process was not too bad. Mainly asked why do you want to work at GE and why tax in general.

IT Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in February 2013.

Interview

hR reviews resumes. Hiring manager phone screens. HR manager does a behavioral interview. Hiring manager interviews. Long time from submission to interview. The onsite interviews are short and fast paced.

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

I was recruited through my campus career website and was chosen for a 1:1 interview on campus. The interviewer was incredibly laid back and I felt like I could be myself. Only behavioral questions were asked. I was then asked to fly out to CT for a round 2 interview about a week later. The 2nd round interview process will have you attend a dinner with a few of the current FMPs and the other interviewees. The next day you will have your interviews.