GE Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Leader Interview

IT Leader
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital in February 2013.

Interview Details – hR reviews resumes. Hiring manager phone screens. HR manager does a behavioral interview. Hiring manager interviews. Long time from submission to interview. The onsite interviews are short and fast paced.

Interview Question – What would you do in the first month?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was not too bad. Mainly asked why do you want to work at GE and why tax in general.

Interview Question – None we're very difficult or out of left field   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process for a business analyst positions at GE Capital are fairly smooth. You have to interview with a few team members and most of the questions are based on your experiences rather than technical questions.

Interview Question – How do your experiences match up with the job description?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a few days received an email asking to setup an initial phone screening. The initial phone screening is with a third party recruiter that entailed fairly basic questions pertaining to the job requirements. From there, I qualified for a phone interview with hiring manager, again basic questions pertaining to my experience, etc. About a week later I was asked to the on-site interview where I interviewed with the hiring manager and two of his superiors, each interview lasting about 40 mins. Everyone was very nice, the questions were more technical in nature in addition to being asked a number of behavioral type questions. I was contacted about a week after the on sites to setup another 30 min phone interview, this time with an HR manager. I was asked questions similar to what I had been asked at the on site interviews. They informed me that they would be making a decision within a week and that It was narrowed down to me and one or two other candidates. I didn't hear anything for about two weeks, now realizing that I probably was no longer in the running. About three weeks after my phone interview with the HR manager, I received an automated email message stating I was no longer being pursued as a candidate. I knew that they had interviewed a few internal candidates which sometimes sets any external candidates a step behind, but I felt that I was given a fair chance at presenting my skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

Risk Management Program Interview

Risk Management Program
Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview on campus, follow by super day at Norwalk office with 3 interviewers. Interview consists of mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why GE?   View Answer

Senior Auditor Interview

Senior Auditor
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from their audit recruiter. I came in for a couple different rounds of interviews. The company seems like it has a unique culture and the GE way of doing things. After the second round it wasn't a place that I really wanted to be a part of. The group was very disorganized. Perhaps that comes from only being a couple years old and a new function. I was surprised that their leadership in the Audit department was so young and inexperienced. I think they are individuals that come from an internal GE management program and they rotate through.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses. - Pretty poor interview question.   Answer Question

Data & Analytics Manager Interview

Data & Analytics Manager
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied via their website for a position in Norwalk, CT. I eventually received a call from a recruiter for a phone screening, which went very well. About a week later she contacted me to schedule an in-person interview during which I was to meet the head of the department, the hiring manager, another manager, and an HR rep. The interviews all went pretty well. I seemed to be a good match for what they were looking for, or at least what I thought they were looking for. The interview took about 3.5 hours and I left their office shortly after 4pm.

The very next morning I received a voicemail from a recruiter (not the one I originally spoke with) to let me know that the position was now going to be located in Chicago and I should contact them if that was an option for me. I have to admit I was a bit shocked, a little perplexed, and very frustrated by this news. Obviously, I respect the business’ decision to have the position based wherever it chooses. But do you mean to tell me that after I left their office at 4pm, this location change was discussed, decided upon, signed off on, and communicated to HR…all by the very next morning? Moving the location of this position had to be in progress before I ever stepped foot in their offices, making the half day I spent there a complete waste of time.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Controllership Development Program Interview

Controllership Development Program
Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in September 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral interviews primarily. Tested some accounting knowledge. 1 campus interview and 3 on site interviews.

Interview Question – They started conversation about coursework, then told me to explain the details of a certain topic.   Answer Question

Financial Management Program Interview

Financial Management Program
Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details – I was recruited through my campus career website and was chosen for a 1:1 interview on campus. The interviewer was incredibly laid back and I felt like I could be myself. Only behavioral questions were asked. I was then asked to fly out to CT for a round 2 interview about a week later. The 2nd round interview process will have you attend a dinner with a few of the current FMPs and the other interviewees. The next day you will have your interviews.

Interview Questions

Vice President Marketing Interview

Vice President Marketing
Norwalk, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in October 2009.

Interview Details – ok, nothing rigorous or stressful...relaxed interview process.

Interview Question – after telling you about this role, please make a guess what our challenges are   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not difficult

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!

GE Capital Videos

GE Capital – Why Work for Us?

Creating opportunities At GE Capital, we hire exceptional people and invest in their growth, providing unrivalled leadership and training in a diverse and healthy environment. Our greatest asset is our people. With… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Capital interview questions and advice in Norwalk, CT. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Capital employees and interview candidates.