GE Capital

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview on campus, follow by super day at Norwalk office with 3 interviewers. Interview consists of mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why GE?   View Answer

Medford, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in February 2011.

Interview Details – Hired me as a senior in college. Had one 30-minute in-person interview that consisted of mainly behavioral questions. They care alot about your leadership skills/potential, so I spoke more about my student activities than my classes. There were 2 interviewers, and they had the good-cop/bad-cop routine. I think most GE Capital interviews are like that.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for this internship through on-campus recruiting and several weeks later I was noticed that I received an interview. The interview was held on my universities campus and lasted 45 minutes. It was mostly behavioral and informational with a couple of technical questions. A week later I received an email saying that I was offered a second round interview in Connecticut. I was flown out across the country and had three 30 minute interviews along with a lunch with previous RMP interns who now work there full-time. The three onsite interviews were purely behavioral, and easier than the first round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a topic the you have leaned about in your (Finance/ Economics) course?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were in a team and..... (conflicts/leadership style, ect.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer I was given. I feel that negotiation is a relevant topic for full-time positions, as opposed to internships. GE is a very generous company.

Stamford, CT

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in October 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview that was very basic. Mostly a behavioral interview without technical questions. Lots of team questions and time management. They really just want to see if you are a hard working, passionate individual who can communicate effectively.

Interview Questions

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2014.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions and then a day spent at the Assessment Center in London - 3 one-on-one interviews (1 with the HR and 2 with Risk Management employees) and a group dynamic ( two teams with two different opinions regarding the strategy of a company). Questions were mostly behavioral but you also have to be quite aware of why you want GE/GE Capital and Risk Management. Answer in a STAR mode (Situation, Task, Action and Results) and in line with the company's growth values.

Interview Question – Dealing w/ the gap between what you learn in school and what the reality is. Why GE? Why RM? Tell me a situtation in which you showed flexibility? How do you deal with negative feedback?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on the ohone nd concerned mostly behavioral questions. After that, maybe a week waiting for another phone with invitation to assessment center in headquarter in London. Assessment center took one day. First- introduction, short speech about company and about the program. Then 4 hour- window for interviews, in total 4 interviews/ candidate, ll of them 1:1 (with risk managers and HR people). Behavioral based questions + some about the economic situation in the world. In the end short group project. Company check how much do you fit the program and company culture by evaluating 5 traits: clear thinker, imagination, external focus, inclusiveness and expertise. Very positive overall experience, people are friendly, give you the impression that you have a voice and you can make an impact.

Interview Question – The main difficulties is in answering to all thebehavioral questions over and over again. It['s pretty tiring, especially in the second half of the day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no real negotians in the end. They offer you certain salary and conditions and starting date of the program. I was given just a choice of 2 cities in myhome country.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!