Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at GE
- Intern (54)
- Software Engineer (32)
- Engineer (28)
- ITLP (28)
- FMP (22)
- Engineering (20)
- Electrical Engineer (14)
- Project Manager (13)
- Mechanical Engineer (12)
- Financial Management Program (11)
- Engineering Intern (10)
- Design Engineer (10)
- Manufacturing Engineer (9)
- Financial Analyst (9)
- Lead Engineer (9)
- IMLP (9)
- OMLP (8)
- Lead Software Engineer (8)
- IT Project Manager (8)
- Co-Op (8)
- Business Analyst (8)
- FMP Intern (8)
- ITLP Intern (8)
- Program Manager (7)
- Finance Intern (7)
- Marketing Manager (7)
- Finance Manager (6)
- Finance (6)
- Operations Management Leadership Program (6)
- Engineer/Technologist (6)
I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.
I went through a single typical HR interview. The beginning began with simple questions the interviewer had after observing my resume. Then, the interviewer read off of a pdf on a laptop, so the questions were quite standard. They were all behavioral questions, despite my background and position being technical.
- Talk about a time when you disagreed with someone about something, and how were things resolved? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for GE
EID InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at GE in September 2013.
I applied for a job posting they put on my school website. I was selected for an interview, in which they came to my campus. We had about a 40 minute interview, which seemed pretty standard. Normally they look for engineers, but in this case I think they wanted a supply chain/operations student, which I am. After the interview, I was given an internship offer and I accepted. My original assignment was for a lean manufacturing position in california, but the plant was sold before my internship began, so I was reassigned to a facility in New York. I don't think they were really expecting a supply chain intern there, but I was able to gain some good experience.
- They asked me a question about how I had used data to analyze and solve a complicated problem. Most of their questions were pretty standard like this. Answer Question
I was given a very competitive hourly wage for my internship, and also compensated for travel and lodging.
EID InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at GE in October 2012.
Apply through school's job link. And meet in the career fair, get a email and set up interview.
- Asked me what the biggest obstacles that I overcome in college and how do I demonstrate my skill in real life. And he asked that if you have a project that require skill you don't know, how would you do and do you have any experience can demonstrate it. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
GE EID program don't sponsor international student.
EID InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at GE (Ithaca, NY) in September 2012.
Met recruiter at career fair, and applied on GE website afterwards. Was selected for an interview two weeks later. Received acceptance notification about a week later.
- "Tell me about a time you received conflicting instructions" Answer Question
EID InterviewAccepted OfferAccepted Offer
Phone interview after contacting person through campus recruiting network. Offer given next day. Typical STAR interview questions, not too bad. Just went over resume submitted by email earlier. Didn't hear anything for quite awhile after that until background check started spring semester. Intern program isn't as organized as I would've thought, no formal orientation for the Houston interns and it wasn't until much later in the summer that I met interns working in other buildings around the city.
- Tell me about yourself. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review