GE

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Easy but just get prepared like any other job interview. Process may take up to 3 months sometimes. It all starts with phone call, then hiring mangers interview, offer letter then background check

H

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Electrical Engineer Interview

A series of interviews that consisted of multivariate scenarios that tested my knowledge and depth of controls. Problematic occurrences that made the operations either more seamless or revealing to augment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in September 2013.

No technical questions asked, all behavioral. Things like, "Name a time you had to work with someone difficult and how you dealt with it." The interviewer was very nice, it was a pleasant time. About 30 minutes of questioning, about a week after the interview there was a followup email.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you felt like you really went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

I first submitted my resume and cover letter online. Then I received a call asking to set up a phone interview. I made it through the fundamental phone interview and was asked to come do an on-site interview. The on-site interview had a panel of 3 engineers asking me various technical and 'fit' questions. Afterwards I had a plant tour and we went out to lunch. Received a phone call early the next week and my offer letter soon after.

Interview Questions
    • It was a questions about the various characteristics to look for in an Op-Amp when designing an Analog Circuit.   Answer Question
    I didn't do an negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in May 2010.

Initial phone interview with 2 scientists. Then moved on to on-site interview that ran all day. There were 2 technical interviews asking me about specifics about my project and then 2 non-technical interviews that asked me about people skills etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisa, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisa, KY

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GE in February 2010.

I was selected for an on campus interview for a co-op position through a campus career service. I had a one on one 1-2 hour interview, the only step in the process. I was not selected and informed of the decision via e-mail about five weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give a situation in which something was always done a certain way and I changed the way it was done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in February 2010.

At first I communicated with the HR rep to have a basic interview. Then they flew me over to Florida to have an onsite interview. There I had several one on one interviews.I liked the questions that they asked, they were challenging and thought provoking. Just stay relaxed, be yourself and everything will be OK.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE in April 2013.

Online test, then phone interview, then two face-to-face interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

The interview was conducted on campus and was conducted by two people. One of the interviewers was a EE and the other was a PE. The interview conducted was a standard behavioral interview, they read off questions from a sheet that they had and took notes. The questions that they asked were a bit repetitive and they wanted to see how you responded. It seemed they liked to ask questions that would shine you in a negative light and see how you would flip it to be positive.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you failed to do something.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in January 2012.

Was interviewed by 2 engineering managers. One was a PhD. Mostly Behavioral Interview. Asked to go through resume and talk about it. Same questions, why do you want to work for GE? Talked about the nature of the work. Then asked about marks. And specific courses. Also asked about some of the basic equations such as Electric/Magnetic fields. What does it mean by magneto-statics? Give examples/analogies. Then at the end gave a tour of the Peterborough plant.

Interview Questions
    • What is permeability of free space v/s permitivity of free space?   View Answer
    • How is induction motor different from synchronous motor?   Answer Question