GE

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern
Billerica, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in May 2011.

Interview Details – My credentials were forwarded to a manager at GE Sensing in Billerica, MA by a school internship coordinator. From there, I was selected for an on-site interview with said manager. The interview lasted no more than 40 minutes, and was not challenging in the slightest. Given that I was applying for my first technical position (as a student), very few technical questions were asked. Most of the questions were geared toward my character, decision-making skills and past leadership roles. After the interview, I was given a tour of the facilities, and left with a few interns that were working at the time. They mentioned that the atmosphere was very laid back, and that they were able to learn some. The interns that I spoke with said that they recommended their positions for someone applying for their first internship (freshman, sophomore in college). I left the interview feeling confident and was also a bit surprised that the process was so short and simple. I didn't hear back from my interviewer for at least two weeks (which I later found out is due to the fact that all intern formalities are dealt with at GE in Schenectady, NY which adds delays to the interviewing process), but I was offered a position at that point (that I ultimately accepted). In my brief time at the office that day, the people I encountered seemed knowledgable and down to earth.

Interview Question – Describe a previous leadership position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because the GE intern program is dealt with by a dedicated office in Schenectady, NY that manages hundreds of interns around the world, it is very difficult to negotiate wages, hours, decision deadlines or anything like that. I think that only in the most extreme circumstances would an intern be able to negotiate his or her wage. The people running that program know that their internships are in high demand, so they have no problem saying no to an intern.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are building, curing, moving, and power the world. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With several businesses and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Electrical Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.