GE Energy

Interview Question – What is your weak link   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just an offer

Technical Leader Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Energy in November 2012.

Interview Details – It is a very structured Interview process. They ask the same questions to every candidate which is very fair. Lots of questions on growth values which was expected. Questions on experience and how to deal with certain situations.

Interview Question – What would you do in the first 3 months if you got the job   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Energy in October 2011.

Interview Details – Social dinner event the night before (drinks/finger foods set out in an upstairs bar at a nice restaurant). They were mainly watching to see how everyone interacted in a social environment full of people they most likely didn't know.

Interview day was half a day long, but started extremely early (6:30 AM arrival time). You went through a few lectures, took a tour and then rotated through a few interviewers.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult, although it was difficult to gage their reactions. Mostly interested in your work experience and things you've accomplished, things you regret.   Answer Question

Edison Engineer Interview

Edison Engineer
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Energy in June 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews, about 15 mins a piece a total of 4 I believe

Interview Question – Questions about reasons for tolerances on a specific drawing, why some were tighter than others   Answer Question

Junior Officer Leadership Program Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Energy in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone screens after submitting an online application. The phone screens progressed in difficulty. The first two were just to feel out my social skills and my interest in the program. The last was more in depth and delved into how I solved problems at work.

Interview Question – How do you resolve conflicts at the work place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because it was a standard program offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Management Program Interview

Financial Management Program
Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at GE Energy.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews since I lived in another city. The questions varied between technical & behavioral.

Interview Question – How would you go about constructing an excel model that tracked the fluctuating prices of gas?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for the internship.

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Six Sigma Black Belt
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Energy.

Interview Details – I was hired through one of GE's leadership programs. GE uses behavioral based interviewing and follows a standard interview format of a 2 minute intro, 20 minute interview, 5 minutes for questions, and 3 minutes for followup.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you failed to meet your bosses expectations. Basically, take a negative question and answer honestly but still provide a positive spin at the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was a leadership program, all program attendees (within my program) entered with the same salary so there wasn't any negotiations necessary

Very Easy Interview

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Energy in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward, very light on technical questions.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer letter was for $5k less than I asked for, I asked for my original amount and after some protest the letter was amended.

ITLP Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Energy.

Interview Details – GE was a great company to work for. Met recruiters at job fair and made an instant connection. Interviews were strictly behavioral and questions were more or less standard. The rotational program is definitely something to check out if you want to advance quickly through the ranks. After the internship you interview for full time at the end of your engagement.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Human Resources Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Energy in August 2008.

Interview Details – There were 8 interviews with various interviewers, most of which asked very similar questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your business. The financials, the key competitors, etc.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They come forward with what is typically their best offer. They don't expect to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Energy