GE Energy

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sourcing Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Energy in September 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty typical interview process. Started with phone screen then face to face with hiring manager, and then asked to come back for face to face with Director and HR Manager. One question that was asked by all was "who has been you best/worst manager and why?". Process took a long time but, thats just typical of large companies...can't make decisions too quickly, even if they like you and fill your a good fit, still a lot of red tape.
Everyone I talked to was in good spirits, didn't seem over worked, but genuinely enjoyed their work...

Project Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Energy in July 2010.

Interview Details – Prior to the interview, I had to follow somewhat confusing instructions as to what paper work need to be completed (application, confidentiality acknowledgment, etc) and who I needed to send it to. Too many people seemed to be involved with the interview set up and scheduling. Actual interview seemed awkward and position didn't seem like a good fit to me personally.

Accounting Positions Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Energy in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR representative from NY. She then set up a phone screen in which all she did was invite me to a hiring event in Atlanta. I was instructed to go online and apply for all positions in the area that I am interested in. There was about 7 positions online that I was interested in the Atlanta area. The interview process was similar to speed dating. You interviewed with 5 or 6 people each lasting 20-30 minutes. At the time of the interview, instead of the 7 or so positions being offered, there was actually only 3 positions being recruited for. I only spoke to 1 hiriing manager that was actually recruiting for a position, not sure what the point of talking to the other 5 people. There was approximately 20 - 25 candidates in each session (morning and afternoon) which consisted of a mixture of local candidates and out of state candidates. Not sure if this was a cost effective or the best way to recruit for only 3 positions! It was a very nice office, but I got the impression from everyone that I spoke with that this is a fast paced organization that takes a long time getting things done.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question that was asked.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Energy in May 2010.

Interview Details – My information was in the GE Database because I applied online to other jobs with no results. I was wrote a email and set up a phone meeting the next day with a technical lead. I was askeddetails of my professional experience and about 5 behavioral questions. As a design engineer I was asked about my creativity.This was only a 30 min phone interview and then I received their feedback 5 days later. No offer was given . I am sure I will have a better match next.

Firmware Test Engineer Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Energy in February 2010.

Interview Details – First Interview was more of the basic type where the non-technical recruiter verifies experiences laid out in your resume. If all goes well, she will set up technical interview with Test Lead. If you make it through then they will schedule you for face to face interview which I think is the last one. Tomorrow is my technical interview so wish me luck!

Interview Question – Had only basic questions regarding work background.   Answer Question

Eid Co-Op Interview

Eid Co-Op
Greenville, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at GE Energy in March 2008.

Interview Details – One on one standard interview. Very nice interviewer that made the experience professional and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE Energy in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was rushed and disorganized. I didn't have time to ask many questions and felt in some ways like they knew I could do the job and were just happy to fill the seat. They appeared quite stressed and overworked - clearly they needed to hire resources at lightning speed. No difficult quesions - just wanted to validate that I had all the skills and experience to get on board and hit the ground running.

Interview Question – Can you be tough when needed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation - take it or leave it

Financial Management Program Interview

Financial Management Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Energy in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career office. My first interview was with a campus recruiter. The interview was all behavioral. The second round interview was all behavioral as well. My only advice would be to have a great answer for typical behavioral questions: strengths and weaknesses, what's your favorite course, etc.

Interview Questions

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Energy in April 2008.

Interview Details – Standard round of interviews that only took a single day. Even though GE is such a large company, this particular office wasn't very corporate. The people were nice and fairly laid back, unlike the GE - Atlanta office, which is rumored to be one of the most cut-throat and competitive offices.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at GE Energy.

Interview Details – They asked me about myself and told me to walk through my cv

Interview Question – it was very simple   Answer Question