GE Energy Management

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Energy Management.

Interview Details – Contacted by Email, phone screen with recruiter a few days later. First technical phone interview a few weeks later, followed by two more. They were going to fly me out for an onsite interview but instead I had to drive to another site for a video conference interview, which was alot more relaxed than the other ones. During the video conference interview I spoke to 4 different people, 1 hr lady and 3 engineers. I was made an offer about 3 weeks later. No relocation, had to negotiate that as well. Whole process took over 3 months from the date of first contact.

Interview Question – Surprisingly not too many technical questions....alot of "Tell me a time..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask, they'll say they can't but the usually can.

Associate Advanced Engineer Interview

Associate Advanced Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE Energy Management in June 2009.

Interview Details – Telephonic, Technical, Senior Manager Interview & HR

Interview Question – Why do you want to change your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A minimum 20% hike to the current salary.

Software Development Interview

Software Development

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Energy Management in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen w/ recruiter from HR, approx. 1/2 hour to discuss parameters (salary range, etc.).

Technical skills screening over phone with a lead developer, approx. 45 minutes.

This led to scheduling a full day of interviews with various managers and potential colleauges.

Hiring director answered some business-level questions about company market position and recent growth trends prior to remainder of the day's interviews.

Day was divided into a number of sessions (1 or 1.5 hours with a lunch in the middle) consisting of a mixture of skills-based probing (how would you implement "x", or how would you design "y", or troubleshoot "z") and behavioral questions (tell me about a time you had a technical disagreement with a coworker, how was it resolved, etc.). Most were 1:1, a couple had 2 interviewers. Interviewers' positions ranged from dev manager to architect to senior engineers.

Interview Question – Specifically, we discussed some implementations around (at the time) MS's new LINQ framework. As I had only experimented with the technology, I didn't have a good command of the syntax and any recommended practices for its use   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GE Energy Management? Contribute to the Community!

GE Energy Management Videos

GE Energy Management – Why Work for Us?

GE Energy Management is GE's electrification business. We make energy safer and more useful through our ability to transmit, distribute and convert electricity. We integrate leading products and technology to solve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Energy Management interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Energy Management employees and interview candidates.