GE

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

3.1

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

I spoke with recruiters at a career fair. After speaking with the recruiters I was offered an interview later that day. I interviewed with a current employee. The interview was pretty basic. A short while later that day I was called and given an offer. After accepting, I was able to choose the location that I wanted to work at based off of all of the GE Transportation sites. Housing was provided and secured by HR.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

The interview was very well organized and proficient. I had a phone interview in which I had to describe how my previous work experience can contribute to the department I'm interested in. I need to know a little bit more info on the job description to compare it to my current experience. The HM was patient and gave me a thorough description of the job and I was able to give him a how I can contribute to the team. No tough questions related to the technical aspect of the job

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in November 2014.

Applied through Indeed. Heard back in about a week directly from the hiring manager. Several phone calls directly with the hiring manager and team members. Phone calls focused on skills--was not a behavioral interview. Did ask for current salary which I declined to provide.

Invited to on-site interview with HR arranging for payment of travel costs and hotel. 4 hour on-site interview.

Engineer Interview

Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

long, but not difficult

Interview Questions
    • most questions were behavioural. typical questions, nothing you cannot prepare for.... "tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in June 2012.

A recruiter contacted me about the position since I am currently employed and not looking. He did a short screening with me and then I had to "apply" online. After that he sent me questions via email and had me answer them and then another phone interview with him. My answers to both the email questions and the phone screening were then sent to the hiring manager.

A couple of days later the recruiter called me back to say that the hiring manager wanted to have phone interview with me. Phone inteview with hiring manager was 30 minutes and he invited me on site for an interview.

The onsite interview was a full day of interviews starting at 11am and going past 5pm. Each hour was with a different person and one interview was during lunch (eat, talk, answer questions). Everyone was very nice, engaging, bright and focused. I personally had a great time meeting with everyone and discussing the vision and direction of the business.

No questions were out of the ordinary, the typical what are your strengths, weaknesses, greatest accomplishment, how would your supervisor describe you, are you techincal enough for the position and how so, etc. In the first interview he had me grab the dry erase pen and go up to the white board and in 8 minutes teach him about something.

Interview Questions
    • Grab the dry erase marker and go up to the white board, in the next 8 minutes teach me about something, anything.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in March 2012.

There were initially three phone interviews. I was then requested to fly down for a face to face interview with multiple people. The interviews lasted all day long.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GE in October 2011.

The interview was a very pleasurable process. Got selected from just talking to a representative at a career fair. Was then offered an interview. Talked to the interviewer for about an hour. He asked me questions ranging from what my favorite movie was to other technical questions. It was very nice. Then was offered a position.