GE

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in August 2010.

I initially applied either through GE's own site or Indeed. Initially contacted by phone. I was bit confused about the position since the title of the position was for one thing but when I arrived for an interview it was for a different product. Although both involved manufacturing engineering it threw me a bit in the interview. The interview involved touring the grounds while being asked questions which involved basic problem solving and questions that someone with the required background would know. Facilities seemed typical for the position and employees were friendly. Offices were a bit dreary, no windows, cubicle farm. The interviewer was very polite and knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Also answered follow up questions after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Various questions about things outside my field of study   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in October 2010.

list of 10-15 behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • what experience do you have in coordinating or leading activities for over 12 months   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in June 2009.

Mostly very specific research and engineering questions

Interview Questions
    It is a good place to work in

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in October 2011.

The company members were looking for people with high technical and team skills to work in as the einstein undergraduate trainee. The position involved 3 years of training and it also involved 2 rounds of tests.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apodaca (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apodaca (Mexico)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in March 2012.

I attached curriculum file, personal interview, onlines test, technical interview, interview with manager, final proposal.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to quit in your current job?   View Answer
    • What is your interest in our company?   View Answer
    Try to review technical knowledge of school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in March 2011.

First Round--Technical with manager
    Second Round--Technical & Business with Senior managers
    Third round--HR

Interview Questions
    • All Questions were moderate. But You need to be good in Basics.   Answer Question
    They have fixed Salary range. If you ask less also they will give you more & if you ask more also they will give in that range only. No negotiations in that matter. They will be ready to drop you if u are not accepting the salary compensation.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in July 2011.

Hiring process was very tedious ,so many forms to fill .
    3 levels of interview 1 telephonic and 1techinical and 1 HR

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate,

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

I was contacted and asked to first complete a questionnaire - mostly behavioural.
    A week after I had a telephonic interview with that manager - behavioural
    A week after that I had a one on one interview still with the same manager - technical/ behavioural
    2 weeks after that I had a Skype interview with the manager from Chicago - technical/ behavioural
    1 week after that interview I had another telephonic interview with the HR from the UK - behavioural

It was almost 2 months before I received an offer from GE, however its still contingent to my fingerprint testing being clear.

You also have to send in all documents, certificates, references and a thorough background check is done.

The interviews are simple but you must have many examples and situations to discuss. The people were exceptionally friendly as well.

The salary offered was good but I requested a review/ negotiation for the possibility of a better package.

No one ever asked me about my desired salary or knew my current salary - only after the HR interview was I given a form to fill to stipulate my desired salary.

Interview Questions
    • All questions started with "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question
    I am currently negotiating. received the offer but sent an email through to ask if the offer could be reviewed as it was very close to current. They said it should be another 2 weeks before I know.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

The interview was very well organized and proficient. I had a phone interview in which I had to describe how my previous work experience can contribute to the department I'm interested in. I need to know a little bit more info on the job description to compare it to my current experience. The HM was patient and gave me a thorough description of the job and I was able to give him a how I can contribute to the team. No tough questions related to the technical aspect of the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

Campus Hiring Process.
    1. First round of written exam which included aptitude and technical questionnaire.
    2. 1 Technical round done by the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes.
    3. 1 HR interview that lasted for about 30 minutes.
    Written examination is used as a screening procedure to weed out the weak candidates and to give the top candidates enough time to interview. Technical round was probably the deciding round as the HR round was more like standard STAR questions which were easy to tackle.

Interview Questions
    • All technical questions were based on fundamentals and problem solving approach.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as I got the offer through campus placement.