GE

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.1

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

4 interviews in one day. Behavioral Questions. STAR Method.

Interview Questions
  • What is the biggest change in life you faced? & how you handled it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE.

A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GE in October 2011.

The interview was a very pleasurable process. Got selected from just talking to a representative at a career fair. Was then offered an interview. Talked to the interviewer for about an hour. He asked me questions ranging from what my favorite movie was to other technical questions. It was very nice. Then was offered a position.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in December 2011.

A technical and a HR interview. Both are easy provided you know about what you have done. They take students with masters and PH. D. degree, so having a through knowledge of your thesis work or paper published helps a lot. They also conduct a written test for shortlisting of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What would lift of a airfoil change, if you made a notch on its top surface somewhere near 25% of the chord?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in June 2012.

A recruiter contacted me about the position since I am currently employed and not looking. He did a short screening with me and then I had to "apply" online. After that he sent me questions via email and had me answer them and then another phone interview with him. My answers to both the email questions and the phone screening were then sent to the hiring manager.

A couple of days later the recruiter called me back to say that the hiring manager wanted to have phone interview with me. Phone inteview with hiring manager was 30 minutes and he invited me on site for an interview.

The onsite interview was a full day of interviews starting at 11am and going past 5pm. Each hour was with a different person and one interview was during lunch (eat, talk, answer questions). Everyone was very nice, engaging, bright and focused. I personally had a great time meeting with everyone and discussing the vision and direction of the business.

No questions were out of the ordinary, the typical what are your strengths, weaknesses, greatest accomplishment, how would your supervisor describe you, are you techincal enough for the position and how so, etc. In the first interview he had me grab the dry erase pen and go up to the white board and in 8 minutes teach him about something.

Interview Questions
    • Grab the dry erase marker and go up to the white board, in the next 8 minutes teach me about something, anything.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in July 2008.

Written exam (Technical + Aptitude) followed by Technical & HR interview.......
    Everything is fundamental. ..

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in February 2010.

General phone screening to gage skills, technical background, and interest level. In person interview with group leaders and manager to gage personal fit and situational aptitude.