GE Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

3.1

Engineer Interview

Interview

4 interviews in one day. Behavioral Questions. STAR Method.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest change in life you faced? & how you handled it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE.

Interview

A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus

Engineer Interview

Interview

Two rounds and an HR round. The questions were mostly basic. The telephonic interview was mostly asking about experience. This was followed by face to face. Before going for the interview, make sure to carry some identity proof. If not, they can send you back from the gate.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GE (Erie, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was a very pleasurable process. Got selected from just talking to a representative at a career fair. Was then offered an interview. Talked to the interviewer for about an hour. He asked me questions ranging from what my favorite movie was to other technical questions. It was very nice. Then was offered a position.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE in December 2011.

Interview

A technical and a HR interview. Both are easy provided you know about what you have done. They take students with masters and PH. D. degree, so having a through knowledge of your thesis work or paper published helps a lot. They also conduct a written test for shortlisting of candidates.

Interview Questions

• What would lift of a airfoil change, if you made a notch on its top surface somewhere near 25% of the chord?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was behavioral and was very helpful to gauge what GE was looking for in a candidate. The interviewer was kind and attentive and guided the interview well. During our conversation we talked not only about me, but about what the interviewer saw in the company and opportunities it created.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to persuade a group of people to accomplish something you need accomplished?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE (Troy, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very structured. It was very clear they had put a lot of thought into how they were engaging and reviewing candidates. I was interviewing for a leadership program, so even though it was a technical role, there was a big focus on leadership and interpersonal skills as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of leadership. They also asked for examples of overcoming challenges.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can always negotiate!