GE

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

3.1

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in November 2014.

Applied through Indeed. Heard back in about a week directly from the hiring manager. Several phone calls directly with the hiring manager and team members. Phone calls focused on skills--was not a behavioral interview. Did ask for current salary which I declined to provide.

Invited to on-site interview with HR arranging for payment of travel costs and hotel. 4 hour on-site interview.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

Two rounds and an HR round. The questions were mostly basic. The telephonic interview was mostly asking about experience. This was followed by face to face. Before going for the interview, make sure to carry some identity proof. If not, they can send you back from the gate.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in March 2012.

There were initially three phone interviews. I was then requested to fly down for a face to face interview with multiple people. The interviews lasted all day long.

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

I spoke with recruiters at a career fair. After speaking with the recruiters I was offered an interview later that day. I interviewed with a current employee. The interview was pretty basic. A short while later that day I was called and given an offer. After accepting, I was able to choose the location that I wanted to work at based off of all of the GE Transportation sites. Housing was provided and secured by HR.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at GE in March 2011.

Recruiting, hiring and Interview process was long and difficult. All pre-employment phases were lengthy, difficult, tedious, tiring and represented a boring level of waiting for decisions and responses back. Lots of back and forth communications, phones calls, emails, etc. Long decision process, salary received was less than anticipated. I (personally) participated in many role model practice sessions and practice interview sessions, before the actual interview date arrived. Lots of online and interview preparatory research on my part, which allowed me to ace the phone screen and the 1st in person interview. The required drug test is a no-brainer, type pass, for a 100% drug free candidate.
     I was working in a different state, so the drive up was a little complicated, but overall the GE negotiations process was lengthy and tiresome. I think that much of it was unnecessary and a bit over the top. Lots of interview questions, tons of meet and greet events on the interview day. Many pre-employment promises made, many left unfilled after the initial hiring occurred. Intense competition for a few jobs, time was extremely limited for each candidate and it was very demanding and convoluted at times and during the whole process. Not something I would like to repeat in this life time. Professional dress, neatness and proper hygiene are absolutely required for a GE interview, shorts and sandals will not do, here. If the candidate smokes, do not do this immediately before the actual interview, it will be viewed as poor form. Professional ladies, too much makeup, heavy jewellery, visible tattoos and piercings, weird hair colours, sneakers, t-shirts, etc. will not be tolerated (think 1950's, female charm) . Interview lateness, is a no-no. An unkempt appearance is a no-no for a GE interview. Polish, poise and charm will win them over, every time.

Negotiation phase was a lengthy, difficult, tedious, tiring and a boring level of waiting for decisions and responses back. Lots of back and forth communications, phones calls, emails, etc. Long decision process, salary received was less than anticipated. I participated in many role model practice sessions and practice interview sessions, before the actual interview occurred. Lots of online and interview preparatory on my part, which allowed me to ace the phone screen and the 1st in person interview. The required drug test is a no-brainer passing score, for any one that is 100% drug free. GE only hires US citizens, so another no brainer for me. I was working in a different state, so the drive up was a little complicated, but overall the GE negotiations process was lengthy and tiresome. I think that much of it was unnecessary and a bit over the top.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

The interview was very well organized and proficient. I had a phone interview in which I had to describe how my previous work experience can contribute to the department I'm interested in. I need to know a little bit more info on the job description to compare it to my current experience. The HM was patient and gave me a thorough description of the job and I was able to give him a how I can contribute to the team. No tough questions related to the technical aspect of the job

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

I was contacted and asked to first complete a questionnaire - mostly behavioural.
    A week after I had a telephonic interview with that manager - behavioural
    A week after that I had a one on one interview still with the same manager - technical/ behavioural
    2 weeks after that I had a Skype interview with the manager from Chicago - technical/ behavioural
    1 week after that interview I had another telephonic interview with the HR from the UK - behavioural

It was almost 2 months before I received an offer from GE, however its still contingent to my fingerprint testing being clear.

You also have to send in all documents, certificates, references and a thorough background check is done.

The interviews are simple but you must have many examples and situations to discuss. The people were exceptionally friendly as well.

The salary offered was good but I requested a review/ negotiation for the possibility of a better package.

No one ever asked me about my desired salary or knew my current salary - only after the HR interview was I given a form to fill to stipulate my desired salary.

Interview Questions
    • All questions started with "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question
    I am currently negotiating. received the offer but sent an email through to ask if the offer could be reviewed as it was very close to current. They said it should be another 2 weeks before I know.

Engineer Interview

Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.