GE

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in February 2010.

Interview Details – General phone screening to gage skills, technical background, and interest level. In person interview with group leaders and manager to gage personal fit and situational aptitude.

Interview Question – Don't recall.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in July 2008.

Interview Details – Written exam (Technical + Aptitude) followed by Technical & HR interview.......
Everything is fundamental. ..

Interview Question – Typical interview questions are asked.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in December 2011.

Interview Details – A technical and a HR interview. Both are easy provided you know about what you have done. They take students with masters and PH. D. degree, so having a through knowledge of your thesis work or paper published helps a lot. They also conduct a written test for shortlisting of candidates.

Interview Question – What would lift of a airfoil change, if you made a notch on its top surface somewhere near 25% of the chord?   View Answers (2)

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in April 2011.

Interview Details – ask me something about my studies, what i want to do in the future, what i was doing at trainee, than after 20 minutes of interview we change language to english (before we talked in polish). The

Interview Question – You are a dodger?   Answer Question

Apodaca (Mexico)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Interview Details – I attached curriculum file, personal interview, onlines test, technical interview, interview with manager, final proposal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Try to review technical knowledge of school.

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by supervisors, not HR representatives. Some technical questions but generally a feel of character. Very professional and yet easy going.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process didnt go smoothly, because the calls was terminated for 3 times. It was either the landline problem or maxis problem. I would suggest to ask the company to call your landline straight away.

Normal question
tell me about yourself, strength, weakness, why study engineering, why want to work in GE, why should GE recruit you.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in October 2011.

Interview Details – The company members were looking for people with high technical and team skills to work in as the einstein undergraduate trainee. The position involved 3 years of training and it also involved 2 rounds of tests.

Interview Question – say me your technical achievements and failures?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a long process, several interviews with a number of people within the organization. I was very persistent with follow-ups as it seemed like they were "hot" and "cold" with the entire process. It is a big company and you never really know what they are thinking when they decided to go into non-communication mode.

Interview Question – Understanding where we are organizationally, what changes do you see us needing to make in the next 3 years to overcome the tide of security issues companies are experiencing?   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work with GE?
Why Shanghai?
What are you short term goals?
How do you think you fit with us?
Tell us about a time you took initiative.
What are your 3 greatest strengths and weaknesses?
I got the interview through a College or University and the interview consisted of a 1:1 Interview, a Group/Panel Interview and a Personality Test.

Interview Question – What are your 3 greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question