GE Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.1

Engineer Interview

Interview

Two rounds and an HR round. The questions were mostly basic. The telephonic interview was mostly asking about experience. This was followed by face to face. Before going for the interview, make sure to carry some identity proof. If not, they can send you back from the gate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Johannesburg (South Africa)).

Interview

I was contacted and asked to first complete a questionnaire - mostly behavioural. A week after I had a telephonic interview with that manager - behavioural A week after that I had a one on one interview still with the same manager - technical/ behavioural 2 weeks after that I had a Skype interview with the manager from Chicago - technical/ behavioural 1 week after that interview I had another telephonic interview with the HR from the UK - behavioural It was almost 2 months before I received an offer from GE, however its still contingent to my fingerprint testing being clear. You also have to send in all documents, certificates, references and a thorough background check is done. The interviews are simple but you must have many examples and situations to discuss. The people were exceptionally friendly as well. The salary offered was good but I requested a review/ negotiation for the possibility of a better package. No one ever asked me about my desired salary or knew my current salary - only after the HR interview was I given a form to fill to stipulate my desired salary.

Interview Questions

• All questions started with "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am currently negotiating. received the offer but sent an email through to ask if the offer could be reviewed as it was very close to current. They said it should be another 2 weeks before I know.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Campus Hiring Process. 1. First round of written exam which included aptitude and technical questionnaire. 2. 1 Technical round done by the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes. 3. 1 HR interview that lasted for about 30 minutes. Written examination is used as a screening procedure to weed out the weak candidates and to give the top candidates enough time to interview. Technical round was probably the deciding round as the HR round was more like standard STAR questions which were easy to tackle.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions were based on fundamentals and problem solving approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as I got the offer through campus placement.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus

Engineer Interview

Interview

4 interviews in one day. Behavioral Questions. STAR Method.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest change in life you faced? & how you handled it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apodaca (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Apodaca (Mexico)) in March 2012.

Interview

I attached curriculum file, personal interview, onlines test, technical interview, interview with manager, final proposal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to quit in your current job?   1 Answer
    • What is your interest in our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try to review technical knowledge of school.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process didnt go smoothly, because the calls was terminated for 3 times. It was either the landline problem or maxis problem. I would suggest to ask the company to call your landline straight away. Normal question tell me about yourself, strength, weakness, why study engineering, why want to work in GE, why should GE recruit you.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in December 2011.

Interview

A technical and a HR interview. Both are easy provided you know about what you have done. They take students with masters and PH. D. degree, so having a through knowledge of your thesis work or paper published helps a lot. They also conduct a written test for shortlisting of candidates.

Interview Questions

• What would lift of a airfoil change, if you made a notch on its top surface somewhere near 25% of the chord?   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

The company members were looking for people with high technical and team skills to work in as the einstein undergraduate trainee. The position involved 3 years of training and it also involved 2 rounds of tests.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in July 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was very tedious ,so many forms to fill . 3 levels of interview 1 telephonic and 1techinical and 1 HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate,