GE

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – Met the guy at UF career showcase. Had an interview the next day and apparently that would be the last step of the process. It was fairly easy and he just asked personality questions

Interview Question – There was nothing terribly difficult I thought although I didn't get the internship   Answer Question

Lynn, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. "What would you do in this situation? How would you handle this situation? Tell me a time when..?" Generic questions like these. Honestly, they were more interested in my high GPA and I think in their eyes, I was pretty much sold.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. (although this seems pretty straight forward, it is best to go prepared with information about yourself that you want to relay to the interviewer)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. Interns don't have much room for negotiation.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in October 2009.

Interview Details – Went to an info session about GE on campus, he took my resume, called me that night and set up an interview for the next morning, interviewed and was given the internship offer about 3 weeks later. The guy was very easy to talk which made the interview that much easier.

Interview Question – Tell me some of your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – First they asked for the list of students of the class and shortlisted a few based on the percentage obtained in engineering. Then ther was a group discussion round and topic given to us was "THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON DAY TO DAY LIFE". Then ther was a personal interview for those who cleared the group discussion.

Interview Question – what is your favorite subject and why?   Answer Question

Peterborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in December 2013.

Interview Details – They will contact you directly through phone calls but you would have to go to their site in Peterborough for the interview. They asked about project management and technical questions such as the product testing process and lab equipment. They are also interested to know about your creativity and problem solving skills.

Interview Question – Can you explain about the steps in project managament?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern
Lachine, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone and then over the phone and then interview and then backcheked

Interview Question – What do you like in life?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No carrer path

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty relaxed, mostly questions regarding why I wanted to work for the company and what would make me a good fit. Also, the interviewer asked me a good deal of questions based on projects and experience that I had on my resume. The interviewer was a senior engineer and seemed to know a good deal. I thought the interview was going to be dealing mainly with the energy branch of GE, but it was highly focused on their industrial solutions branch.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for GE?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern

Interview Details – A pretty average interview. Was at the end of the day with two interviewers who both seemed kind of burned out by the time they got to me. Lots of questions about projects I'd done in school and teamwork. Questions about coursework and previous jobs. I don't know if I'd have got it or not as I accepted a position with another company and withdrew myself from consideration.

Interview Question – Can you think of a time you had trouble with a member of a team you were on and how did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in September 2011.

Interview Details – They just ask many situation questions like, "please give an example of when this happened and how did you handle it". Just be ready to talk about alot of experiences you have.

Interview Question – What is something that you've learned in school that you found contrary to an experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is pretty much no negotiation. They end up sending you an email with how much they will pay you per week (usually a good number anyways) but you either accept or decline. Oh and you get about 2 and a half months to accept or decline so you have time to choose what you want. you do have to accept the internship before you know where you are going so it's a bit of a gamble if you have a certain place you'd like to work.

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked a few behavioral questions, such as how to motivate teammates and how to sell an idea. She also asked some questions about my internship experience with GE before. In the end I asked her some questions about the position.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are building, curing, moving, and power the world. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With several businesses and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.