GE

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Question – Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Question – how will you fit in our organization.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i got another better offer.

Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – long, but not difficult

Interview Question – most questions were behavioural. typical questions, nothing you cannot prepare for.... "tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker"   Answer Question

Schenectady, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me about the position since I am currently employed and not looking. He did a short screening with me and then I had to "apply" online. After that he sent me questions via email and had me answer them and then another phone interview with him. My answers to both the email questions and the phone screening were then sent to the hiring manager.

A couple of days later the recruiter called me back to say that the hiring manager wanted to have phone interview with me. Phone inteview with hiring manager was 30 minutes and he invited me on site for an interview.

The onsite interview was a full day of interviews starting at 11am and going past 5pm. Each hour was with a different person and one interview was during lunch (eat, talk, answer questions). Everyone was very nice, engaging, bright and focused. I personally had a great time meeting with everyone and discussing the vision and direction of the business.

No questions were out of the ordinary, the typical what are your strengths, weaknesses, greatest accomplishment, how would your supervisor describe you, are you techincal enough for the position and how so, etc. In the first interview he had me grab the dry erase pen and go up to the white board and in 8 minutes teach him about something.

Interview Question – Grab the dry erase marker and go up to the white board, in the next 8 minutes teach me about something, anything.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Erie, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GE in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a very pleasurable process. Got selected from just talking to a representative at a career fair. Was then offered an interview. Talked to the interviewer for about an hour. He asked me questions ranging from what my favorite movie was to other technical questions. It was very nice. Then was offered a position.

Interview Question – What is young's modulus.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in October 2010.

Interview Details – list of 10-15 behavioral questions

Interview Question – what experience do you have in coordinating or leading activities for over 12 months   Answer Question

Elko, NV

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in April 2010.

Interview Details – As as prospective employee, I was very curious to learn more about the company and what opportunities it had to offer. The interviewers were monotone, uninformative and seemed less than excited to be representing General Electric. The interview went quite well and there's no doubt in my mind that I would have been offered a job had I had any desire to follow up after experiencing such lack of positive representation; which is too bad because GE is a company I was very excited to interview with.

Interview Question – What area of the company are you most interested?   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2009.

Interview Details – Mostly very specific research and engineering questions

Interview Question – What is a class static function   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is a good place to work in

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in February 2011.

Interview Details – on campus interview. single person. nice guy, all questions were of the "tell me a time when" variety. i mostly made stuff up.

Interview Question – tell me about a time you innovated on the job   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – job wasnt where i wanted to be

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are building, curing, moving, and power the world. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With several businesses and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Engineering interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.