GE

Updated Jun 17, 2014

3.1

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.

Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GE.

long, but not difficult

Interview Questions
    • most questions were behavioural. typical questions, nothing you cannot prepare for.... "tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schenectady, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2012.

A recruiter contacted me about the position since I am currently employed and not looking. He did a short screening with me and then I had to "apply" online. After that he sent me questions via email and had me answer them and then another phone interview with him. My answers to both the email questions and the phone screening were then sent to the hiring manager.

A couple of days later the recruiter called me back to say that the hiring manager wanted to have phone interview with me. Phone inteview with hiring manager was 30 minutes and he invited me on site for an interview.

The onsite interview was a full day of interviews starting at 11am and going past 5pm. Each hour was with a different person and one interview was during lunch (eat, talk, answer questions). Everyone was very nice, engaging, bright and focused. I personally had a great time meeting with everyone and discussing the vision and direction of the business.

No questions were out of the ordinary, the typical what are your strengths, weaknesses, greatest accomplishment, how would your supervisor describe you, are you techincal enough for the position and how so, etc. In the first interview he had me grab the dry erase pen and go up to the white board and in 8 minutes teach him about something.

Interview Questions
    • Grab the dry erase marker and go up to the white board, in the next 8 minutes teach me about something, anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GE in October 2011.

The interview was a very pleasurable process. Got selected from just talking to a representative at a career fair. Was then offered an interview. Talked to the interviewer for about an hour. He asked me questions ranging from what my favorite movie was to other technical questions. It was very nice. Then was offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in October 2010.

list of 10-15 behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • what experience do you have in coordinating or leading activities for over 12 months   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elko, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elko, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in April 2010.

As as prospective employee, I was very curious to learn more about the company and what opportunities it had to offer. The interviewers were monotone, uninformative and seemed less than excited to be representing General Electric. The interview went quite well and there's no doubt in my mind that I would have been offered a job had I had any desire to follow up after experiencing such lack of positive representation; which is too bad because GE is a company I was very excited to interview with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2009.

Mostly very specific research and engineering questions

Interview Questions
    It is a good place to work in

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in February 2011.

on campus interview. single person. nice guy, all questions were of the "tell me a time when" variety. i mostly made stuff up.

Interview Questions

job wasnt where i wanted to be

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!