GE

Updated Jun 17, 2014

3.1

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2009.

Contacted by HR with basic questions sort of a phone filter - did not know anything about facilities or position. Then contacted by Manager for 1:1 phone interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was less than 1/2 hour and I was asked availabilty for a follow up in person. Manager seemed knowlegable. I was not available the during the suggested time. Have not heard back

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you have to explain technical information to a non-technical person.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in June 2009.

Mostly very specific research and engineering questions

Interview Questions
    It is a good place to work in

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

I was contacted and asked to first complete a questionnaire - mostly behavioural.
    A week after I had a telephonic interview with that manager - behavioural
    A week after that I had a one on one interview still with the same manager - technical/ behavioural
    2 weeks after that I had a Skype interview with the manager from Chicago - technical/ behavioural
    1 week after that interview I had another telephonic interview with the HR from the UK - behavioural

It was almost 2 months before I received an offer from GE, however its still contingent to my fingerprint testing being clear.

You also have to send in all documents, certificates, references and a thorough background check is done.

The interviews are simple but you must have many examples and situations to discuss. The people were exceptionally friendly as well.

The salary offered was good but I requested a review/ negotiation for the possibility of a better package.

No one ever asked me about my desired salary or knew my current salary - only after the HR interview was I given a form to fill to stipulate my desired salary.

Interview Questions
    • All questions started with "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question
    I am currently negotiating. received the offer but sent an email through to ask if the offer could be reviewed as it was very close to current. They said it should be another 2 weeks before I know.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

Campus Hiring Process.
    1. First round of written exam which included aptitude and technical questionnaire.
    2. 1 Technical round done by the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes.
    3. 1 HR interview that lasted for about 30 minutes.
    Written examination is used as a screening procedure to weed out the weak candidates and to give the top candidates enough time to interview. Technical round was probably the deciding round as the HR round was more like standard STAR questions which were easy to tackle.

Interview Questions
    • All technical questions were based on fundamentals and problem solving approach.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as I got the offer through campus placement.

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE.

A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus

Engineer Interview

4 interviews in one day. Behavioral Questions. STAR Method.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest change in life you faced? & how you handled it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apodaca (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apodaca (Mexico)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in March 2012.

I attached curriculum file, personal interview, onlines test, technical interview, interview with manager, final proposal.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to quit in your current job?   View Answer
    • What is your interest in our company?   View Answer
    Try to review technical knowledge of school.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in February 2012.

The interview process didnt go smoothly, because the calls was terminated for 3 times. It was either the landline problem or maxis problem. I would suggest to ask the company to call your landline straight away.

Normal question
    tell me about yourself, strength, weakness, why study engineering, why want to work in GE, why should GE recruit you.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in December 2011.

A technical and a HR interview. Both are easy provided you know about what you have done. They take students with masters and PH. D. degree, so having a through knowledge of your thesis work or paper published helps a lot. They also conduct a written test for shortlisting of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What would lift of a airfoil change, if you made a notch on its top surface somewhere near 25% of the chord?   View Answers (2)

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in October 2011.

The company members were looking for people with high technical and team skills to work in as the einstein undergraduate trainee. The position involved 3 years of training and it also involved 2 rounds of tests.