GE

Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.1

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I was recruited through a campus career center and given the opportunity to interview. This was mostly behavioral and nothing completely unexpected. The interviewer was very friendly and made the process easy. Heard back about 3 weeks later and received an invite to corporate headquarters.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE.

There were 3 rounds--they all generally asked about your background, why you're interested, etc. I think management is really trying to check if he candidate is interested in finance instead of just the leadership aspect of the program.

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I applied through my university's career website. Questions were mainly behavioral. No technical questions.The interview was around 30 m and very friendly. The only advice I can give you be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you failed to meet a work objective?   Answer Question

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in August 2014.

Did not get it though. Interview was nice. The GE people are very patient and friendly. The questions are pretty common interview questions. They are really proud of their program and culture within the company. I think It was the best interview experience I have ever had even though I did not get the position.

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in July 2014.

OCR application to an on campus interview - The interview was relaxed and mostly fit. For example...
    Why GE?
    Top 3 GE subsidiary choices?
    Talk about a time when you had a lot to do and how did you handle it?
    Etc, more fit questions, stories, and run through resume

Interview Questions
    • The interview requires significant knowledge of the company and it's different subsidiary groups.   Answer Question

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Online application, in person interview, and then phone interview.

FMP Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

Via networking I received an initial phone screen. After setting up I time with an HR representative we had an approximately 30 minute conversation. The interview was entirely qualitative, mostly centered on the question 'Why GE?.' Other questions involved descriptions of leadership experience, both on and off campus as well as why the candidate was interested in corporate finance.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when your ethics have ben tested?   Answer Question

FMP Interview

I applied online, got an email from HR saying they wanted to schedule a phone interview for later that week. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. A week or so later, I received an automated e-mail message saying that I would not be moving along in the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in August 2013.

I was in the BFI internship program and was interviewed by senior managers/executives to be considered for future employment. It was more conversation rather than an actual interview. I wasn't expecting them to give me an offer due to certain events, but I decided to go through the interview process anyway.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think the questions were difficult.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in May 2012.

Two phone interviews led to a final round fly-out to GE Corportate Headquaters. Went out to dinner the night before with current FMP's and then had 4 1 on 1 interviews the next day. Quick and painless interviews asking your standard questions...Nothing technical