GE FMP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied through my university. The process took under a month and the interview was mainly behavioral. Most of the questions were exactly what you expect in a behavioral interview and the follow up phone interview was another quick behavioral; they offered me a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for GE

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were 3 rounds--they all generally asked about your background, why you're interested, etc. I think management is really trying to check if he candidate is interested in finance instead of just the leadership aspect of the program.

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

I was recruited through a campus career center and given the opportunity to interview. This was mostly behavioral and nothing completely unexpected. The interviewer was very friendly and made the process easy. Heard back about 3 weeks later and received an invite to corporate headquarters.

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website. Questions were mainly behavioral. No technical questions.The interview was around 30 m and very friendly. The only advice I can give you be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you failed to meet a work objective?   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in August 2014.

Interview

Did not get it though. Interview was nice. The GE people are very patient and friendly. The questions are pretty common interview questions. They are really proud of their program and culture within the company. I think It was the best interview experience I have ever had even though I did not get the position.

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in July 2014.

Interview

OCR application to an on campus interview - The interview was relaxed and mostly fit. For example...
    Why GE?
    Top 3 GE subsidiary choices?
    Talk about a time when you had a lot to do and how did you handle it?
    Etc, more fit questions, stories, and run through resume

Interview Questions

• The interview requires significant knowledge of the company and it's different subsidiary groups.   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Online application, in person interview, and then phone interview.

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Via networking I received an initial phone screen. After setting up I time with an HR representative we had an approximately 30 minute conversation. The interview was entirely qualitative, mostly centered on the question 'Why GE?.' Other questions involved descriptions of leadership experience, both on and off campus as well as why the candidate was interested in corporate finance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when your ethics have ben tested?   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Interview

I applied online, got an email from HR saying they wanted to schedule a phone interview for later that week. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. A week or so later, I received an automated e-mail message saying that I would not be moving along in the process

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE (Plano, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was in the BFI internship program and was interviewed by senior managers/executives to be considered for future employment. It was more conversation rather than an actual interview. I wasn't expecting them to give me an offer due to certain events, but I decided to go through the interview process anyway.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think the questions were difficult.   1 Answer