GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Danbury, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in April 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews over 3 weeks

(1) Phone interview with external HR. This is normally a 30-min interview but mine was cut short because the hiring manager saw my resume and was keen on meeting me. I had a phone screen for a different GE position and the questions were very geared towards the position to make sure that you can perform the job.

(2) In-house interview: 45-minute interviews with 5 individuals. Some interviews ran over so it was almost a 5-hour process. All behavioral questions as the interviewers were looking for a fit. I have a CPA and an MBA so they probably assumed that I know the technical accounting/finance stuff. Some questions include:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why GE?
- Why this position?
- Strengths & weakness?
- Tell me a time when... ?

(3) Phone interview with GE's internal HR. 30-min phone interviews. Covered more behavioral questions and compensation expectations. Some questions include:
- Apart from learning the GE lingo and getting up to speed on how things are done at GE, what do you think will be the biggest challenge if you were to start this position?

Interview Question – What is your CURRENT area of development?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated my base salary. It doesn't hurt to ask once. But I got the sense that GE does not normally engage in compensation negotiations.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Piscataway, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate. I sent an email to the hiring manager, requesting an informational interview to learn more about the position. We both agreed that it was a potentially a mutual match. I formally applied online and was notified within a week that I would have an in-person interview. I interviewed with 3 people total, focusing on my background/work experience, fit with the position and the division, and a brainteaser-type case.

Interview Question – How many traffic lights are there in Houson?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to get anything additional.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are building, curing, moving, and power the world. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With several businesses and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Finance Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.