GE Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

3.3

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by in-person interview with HR, hiring managers...Walked thru the resume for a little bit, then it was mostly focused on behavioral questions.Great place to build your experience if you are willing to always be learning.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE (Danbury, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

3 interviews over 3 weeks

(1) Phone interview with external HR. This is normally a 30-min interview but mine was cut short because the hiring manager saw my resume and was keen on meeting me. I had a phone screen for a different GE position and the questions were very geared towards the position to make sure that you can perform the job.

(2) In-house interview: 45-minute interviews with 5 individuals. Some interviews ran over so it was almost a 5-hour process. All behavioral questions as the interviewers were looking for a fit. I have a CPA and an MBA so they probably assumed that I know the technical accounting/finance stuff. Some questions include:
    - Tell me about yourself?
    - Why GE?
    - Why this position?
    - Strengths & weakness?
    - Tell me a time when... ?

(3) Phone interview with GE's internal HR. 30-min phone interviews. Covered more behavioral questions and compensation expectations. Some questions include:
    - Apart from learning the GE lingo and getting up to speed on how things are done at GE, what do you think will be the biggest challenge if you were to start this position?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated my base salary. It doesn't hurt to ask once. But I got the sense that GE does not normally engage in compensation negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

I was an internal candidate. I sent an email to the hiring manager, requesting an informational interview to learn more about the position. We both agreed that it was a potentially a mutual match. I formally applied online and was notified within a week that I would have an in-person interview. I interviewed with 3 people total, focusing on my background/work experience, fit with the position and the division, and a brainteaser-type case.

Interview Questions

• How many traffic lights are there in Houson?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Wasn't able to get anything additional.