GE

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in January 2012.

what are your biggest weaknesses? Think honestly about them because if you can identify them, you are on the first step toward accelerating your movement forward. So think about them, write them down, and look at them frequently.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GE in July 2008.

The hiring process was pretty lengthy. I was contacted by the FMP program manager for a phone screen. We pretty much went over my resume and experiences. I was then told I would be contacted within the week about a second round interview. THREE WEEKS LATER, I receive an email congratulating me on making it to the second round. During the second round interview, I flew down to Atlanta and met with the program coordinator and 3 other finance professionals. We mostly discussed my experience and extracurricular activities. A couple of interviewers asked behavioral based questions. 1 week later, an offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the terms of the offer, had 2 weeks to accept.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Through a university fair - submit cv and a motivation letter, then some candidates were selected for an interview. Interviews were held in person, by CFO or a member of financial analysis team. It was quite informal

Interview Questions
    • About personal stuff, like tell me more about your home country   Answer Question
    It did not take place in my case

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at GE.

After completing the online application I received a phone interview. I was asked: What I knew about GE, Why I wanted to work for GE? Why Finance?, My CV, and a number of competency questions (tell me about a time when you ........ had to use initiative, influenced a group, made a mistake etc.)

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to list my competency's before i was asked the competency questions.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in February 2012.

It all started when I got the phone call from the HR guy. It was a general offer of a phone interview at my free time, by which they basically ask random questions to test on the communication skills. Following that, I passed. Next step was a 1 to 1 interview by the Finance Manager by which I was asked many questions on my field, Finance. Was tested on my skills particularly on this. Following that was a group interview conducted by the CFO as well as the Regional HR manager. Many questions were asked. It came down to soft skills where IT integration was a part of it. The people in the office are rather friendly, they help you depending on what you would like, offering coffee, cake. The office is rather big, rather comfortable working environment to work in. The final verdict was an offer to join the company. The work culture here is simply good values. We've got a humble culture, respect and be respected. You are required to work hard, but also play hard.

Advice :
    1) Do come in prepared on what position you are in for. Be very prepared. You must know everything about what you are required to do. If you don't know, ask. They don't bite. They will feel that you want to know something and you have the 'balls' to ask. If you sit, silent, you will never know and might not get the job, rather appearing stupid.

2) DO NOT EVER COME LATE!
         Come in ahead of time. Do go to the washroom, freshen up.

3) Do not lie. They know. If they don't, trust me, they will. And nobody likes a liar.

4) If you don't know something, get the knowledge by whatever means necessary. Worst case scenario, ask.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GE in February 2012.

Skype . Interview based on resume explanation. Then ,some questions about team player attitude. The operational was very friendly.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in January 2012.

Interviewers were looking for accounting person, not a finance person.
    Asked some journal entry questions and behavioral questions.
    They didn't see my CFA level 1 as an asset, but rather sign of interest in finance, not accounting.

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in May 2010.

It started off with a simple phone interview askign basic questions about my resume and my application. During the 1:1 interview, they ask at least 5 behaviorial questions such as Tell me your strengths and weakeness and Tell me about a time you expeirenced conflict with your peers. It seems to me that they are highlighting several themes such as experience, leadership and teamwork. I still waiting for their response as the interview took place 3 days ago.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in March 2009.

Interviewer mechanically addressed each preset interview question, while interposing with personal anecdotes about his reluctance to be performing interviews at all. According to him, his job had nothing to do with recruiting but he was performing interviews because "at GE we have no choice".

Interview Questions
    • Pick one financial concept and explain it to me   View Answer

This part is obvious. While I admire GE and their employee education programs, I simply was unimpressed by the apparent disinterest of the interviewer and his admission to the "GE is your life" mentality at the company.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!