GE Global Research Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

3.3

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Global Research in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview: - 30-40 min technical review On-site: - 1 hr tech seminar. I showed what I did during graduate school - 1 hr deep-dive tech review with 3-4 interviewers - 1-on-1 meetings with lab managers, project leaders, principal engineers, HR, etc

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do at GE? How are you going to contribute to on-going projects?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE Global Research

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

First a phone interview by the lab manager. About one month later, an on-site interview, including a technical presentation to the lab members, a group technical and non-technical interview, and 1:1 interview with HR people and lab manager. Technical questions and behavior questions about 50:50.

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is very lengthy and they do not bother to inform you about the result of interview on time. It took them one month after each interview to get back to me and they do not reply to your emails. By the time last interview was done and I got the offer I had few other offers, therefore I rdeclined it although I was very interested in working for them.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Global Research (Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)).

Interview

Don't waste your time if your CV doesn't fit the job posting. First interview is with HR - be "employable", speak what they want to listen, be formal but show enthusiasm - really needs good English. It's good to show you know something about GE. One interview is with your potential manager - in this one you can be more yourself, but be prepared for technical questions about your background.

Interview Questions

• No real unexpected question. HR questions were classical behavioral HR-like questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation after the offer letter was sent.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Global Research in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview. Skills Test. Group/Panel Interview. Presentation. 1:1 Interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about some specific technology, method that was known by the asking person and probably by nobody else.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Global Research in February 2012.

Interview

I went to the GE day at my university and talked to the person in charge of the department i was interested in. She squeezed me in for a last minute interview, and she offered me the job at the end of it. It was an extremely positive experience, and the questions were behavioral and asked about my interest in the company.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Global Research in June 2010.

Interview

It starts with an email from the recruiters stating that you have been chosen as a potential hire and if you're ready for an interview. The phone interview usually takes 1 hour and revolves around your background. The on-site interview is very comprehensive, but you won't be bored as you will meet interesting people.

Interview Questions

• Explain one of the problems in your background that made you completely stump, what you did?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Global Research in February 2010.

Interview

phone interview...and then one-day onsite interview. For phone interview, the hiring manager called without making an schedule, explaining the company, job, etc. Later, another phone interview with his colleagues are scheduled two days after. Three people are interviewing me at the same time. No difficult question, just follow the resume and ask for your strength. Two days later, get one email for on-site interview. For on-site, start with a presentation with my phd work and following with technical and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

sign-on bonus

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Global Research in January 2008.

Interview

1. Technical Presentation 2. Group interview (technical and behavior type of questions) 3. 1 on 1 interview with managers from different labs 4. 1 on 1 interview with Human resource