GE Global Research Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.2

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Schenectady, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR over the phone to set up a time for phone interview. The phone interview was easy and conducted by two employees. One being my supervisor and other from HR. The phone interview took about 30 mins. After the phone interview, I was called for an on-site interview. All the travel and hotel instructions were emailed to me. There were 4 interviews conducted on this day. Two interviews by Manager and two by the Head of Department.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my past experience, projects, rewards and other leadership experiences.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

first round phone interview, and then one full day onsite interview, which typically includes an one-hour job talk about your previous research experience, then followed by several one-on-one interview with the team members.

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Very smooth and light. Not all managers are technically proficient at Bangalore location. 3 interview steps: 1. manager, 2. 4 team members. 3. HR Manager asked about past research/work background. team members were very friendly. usual HR questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I am an international student. I was contacted by an HR person. He only asked me two questions: 1) Do you need sponsorship? 2) Are you from one of the following countries: Cuba, North Korea, Libya, Iran and a bunch of others. My answer to both questions was yes. He then said it is GE policy not to sponsor applicants from those countries and hence he cannot further process my application.

Interview Questions

• Do you need sponsorship? Are you from one of the following countries? Cuba, North Korea, Libya, Iran and a bunch of others.   1 Answer

Materials Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Global Research (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I worked at GE global research as a summer intern. The manager is satisfied with my work, and would like to hire me. She step down after the intern, but told me she will try very hard to help with my job application. Unfortunately, the new manager had different opinions. I applied online, internal reference, went there for on site interview. It took a day, people are very technical there. You will make a technical presentation, and talk to manager, group members and finally HR. Few behavior questions. They canceled the opening after long time waiting.

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research.

Interview

Had a phone interview and asked questions related to my computational experience and phd research project.

Interview Questions

• How efficient are you when it comes to developing models? what's most challenging task you have seen so far   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Overall interview process went extremely quickly, as they had urgent need for several positions. I submitted my resume through their career website and received a response requesting an interview within 24 hours. Total time from submission until offer was less than two weeks. Interviews happened in three stages: a non-technical initial phone screen by HR, a technical phone interview by the hiring manager, and then an on-site interview. Technical phone interview lasted approximately three hours, and covered a large variety of topics. Questions ranged from Taylor series to Bayesian statistics to computational complexity theory, plus general assessment of my background and expertise. Onsite interview included one-hour technical seminar presenting my past work, additional technical questions, and meeting with the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about determining if a coin was fair?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more than I expected, and got what I asked for.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process has been smooth so far. There was first a phone interview followed up by an onsite interview. The ability to compensate for interview travels is a plus. The company seems process driven which is good because you know what you getting into....

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY).

Interview

Interview process was long and consisted of a phone screening followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a 1.5 hour technical talk along with half a dozen 30 minute interviews and took from 730am to 330pm. It was a long day where I was asked a lot of questions but it was handled well and very professionally. I was offered a job the next morning so the response time was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Would you be happy not working on your area of expertise.   1 Answer

Salary was too low, did not justify leaving current position. GRC's salaries are not on par with other top-notch research institutions such as the National Labs or space or oil-sector research groups. Albany has a reasonable cost of living which makes up some for that.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Usually works through referrals. I knew somebody working there who forwarded my resume. One phone call by the hiring manager. One technical phone interview. Then on site. Day started with one hour technical interview. Discussion type questions trying to check if you know your stuff. Not brain cracking puzzles. Then give a presentation on your previous work and projects. Here they test you throughly and you do get a handful of questions in a room full of 10-12 people. If you know your stuff, you would generally be okay. Then meet with manger and discuss the position in detail. Then meet with manager's manager. If these are technically strong they might test you thoroughly. Mine did. Then meet with 4-5 researchers for half and hour each. Then two one hour long behavioral interviews trying to see if you fit in the culture. Then meet with the immediate group you would be working with. Then hr interview. And then gone. Usually get back to you in a week. Mine did in less than a day. It's a good streamline process they have.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. And why you want to work for the company types questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much. When hr ask for salary, give a high requirement. Then easier to negotiate. They don't give any other perks to high salary is crucial.