GE Healthcare

Updated Nov 16, 2014

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE Healthcare in July 2014.

Applied online; then 2 days later, I received an email from them scheduling me for an initial phone interview 2 days forward (In their email to me, they asked whether or not the day and time of the interview was okay with me; of course that I replied back and said that it was okay).
The interview (on the phone) lasted about 10 mins, and the interviewer asked me about 4 to 5 questions.
At least two of the questions were designed to test, I guess, your short-term memory and how good you are at organizing and communicating your thoughts (since these questions among the 4 or 5 which they asked had 2 or 3 parts); but, at least 2 were also very easy to answer.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me a time when you had seemingly conflicting priorities, and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

GE Healthcare Response

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Sounds like it was a quick process. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Other Interview Reviews for GE Healthcare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

First, you'll go through the phone interview. If you do well, then you will be invited for an "in person" interview. You will go from room to room with about 3 sets of different level managers and team leaders. Questions are going to vary anywhere from previous work experience to technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most important thing you would like us to remember about you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Healthcare in January 2013.

The interview process was great. A panel of 5 but all asked fair questions.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as I was an entry level hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Healthcare in January 2012.

Got one phone screening interview. Normal questions should be having in an interview. It went smoothly. But no reply it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Healthcare in December 2011.

started with a regular 10 minutes phone interview.
    Then, an online test.
    Group interviews, 2 managers and 2 team leaders after approximately a month.
    Finally, HR manager interview came after 2 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Healthcare in September 2011.

Applied online and heard back 3 months later. HR notified me of my first interview and where to go for my first on-site interview. Met with the hiring manager and his manager. Both guys were very experienced in their fields so it came off as a little intimidating at first (I was fresh out of college). As the interview progressed, the atmosphere became more and more loose and I found it very easy to talk with both of them. Asked me questions about my background, why i wanted the job, what are my aspirations, how I would interact with customers on different levels(scenarios), asked some general engineering questions and stuff about my senior project in college. Asked about the advantages and benefits of working at GEHC. Waited 3 days and was notified by HR that I would do a phone interview with an HR manager. Asked questions more regarding how I associate with people. Shortly after my phone interview, the hiring manager gave me an offer. Background check and drug test a definite.

Interview Questions
    • How would approach a customer that is unwilling and uncooperative?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramatta (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramatta (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE Healthcare in November 2014.

I got a phone call Tues.4 Nov from the HR dept just next day I applied, HR head was very impressed with my brief interest in the job, then she asked if possible to interview next monday? I confirmed after I checked my schedule by email, interviewed for more than 70 min by the HR head & the Service Delivery Manager, was very successful as per their comments? at the end of the interview the service manager told me that he will talk to the HR later to fix a second interview if I am interested? I told them that I am very keen & excited to the possibility of joining GE, got a phone call next day from the HR head to ask me if I can email my Visa copy to them & the second interview should be Wednesday, emailed it to her, Monday she called me to apologize that the upper management decided to go with a candidate who has skills & qualities more than I do??!! Listen to this just 1 hour before her call I looked online & saw the Job just listed again in GE job portal!

Interview Questions
    • if they decided to go with someone who is more closely why I have been told I have another interview & they are waiting for my visa copy? to me that was crucial indeed & very unjustified unprofessional move!!   View Answer

GE Healthcare Response

Dec 1, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing. We appreciate your feedback as we work to continually improve GE and our processes.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2010.

It was easy.. I had no competition. The hiring managers had no clue of what the position really