GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

Through a temp agency. Had to fill out loads of paper work. Go through background and drug testing, which is fine. Then had to do more paperwork which was quite a lot. Waited to hear for a one on one interview for GE Healthcare. Went for interview at GE Healthcare a few days later. Then waited for about week to hear if got the position and star date.

GE Genworth Interview

Two interviews. Above average complexity. Nice boss, and once onboard, great training, supplies, and troubleshooting support lines and order lines.
    First imperative requested of me was 'What do you have to offer GE Genworth that we don't already have? Why do we need this and you? Also, where do you see yourself in ten years?

Their terms mostly.

Dec 1, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Congratulations and welcome!

Purchasing Interview

panel interview, most if them did not know the process, and was not informative on the process. Also they dont informó you if you were accepted or not, left interviewer hanging

Senior QC Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online – interviewed at GE Healthcare in November 2014.

Interviews are relatively informal, though professional formal dress is expected/desired. There is an expectation that candidates have relatively flexible schedules (OT/weekends) as well as a very adaptable work style. Being proactive and a strong team member is a must!

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with working directly with open sources of radioactive material?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed

Dec 1, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations!

Quality Engineer III Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE Healthcare in November 2014.

One of GE internal recruiters approached me about the position in San Diego with API Healthcare having recently merged with GE. Went through a phone screen with the recruiter, then got connected with a fellow recruiter who set up two phone interviews. Received positive feedback through both phone screenings and was set to do an on-site interview with the team for the day with the date and time set three weeks ago.

That got changed when the QA manager went on vacation, but I wasn't given any update as to when she'll return. Checked back a week later, and was told they were still waiting on updates which took a few days for the recruiter to reply. I'm guessing something happened, where either it's a serious issue, politics or someone involved in the interview was no longer interested. Wasn't really told anything of detail otherwise. I would think if it was a serious issue that a plan B would be set since I was told their plan was to find someone for this position by the end of the year.

Six weeks have passed since initial conversation. Haven't heard any updates since. I have noticed though the position being relisted on LinkedIn as of last week, so I guess they are moving forward but can't be honest enough to tell me even after the supposed next steps.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult. Straightforward QA approach questions.   Answer Question

CLP Interview

Started out with an interview at an on campus career fair followed by an invite to a seminar of likely candidates. From there, the recruiters further narrowed the list of candidates down to about 6 for extended interviews about 30 min-45 min long. From there, they determined who would get a final interview in Milwaukee. Final interview was spread over 2 days including a dinner with other candidates and then 5 interviews with sales managers in the company, each lasting roughly 30 min.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to prepare a presentation on a healthcare topic. No PPT allowed.   Answer Question

Thank you for sharing.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

They ask lots of "tell me about a time when" questions. I believe they feel that they can teach you the technical skills pretty easily. They want to see if you will be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to accomplish something while working with a difficult person? This one is tricky because most of the plants are unionized. They want to see how you handle hourly people who sometimes don't want to work and may not have to. Keep in mind, they people interviewing you are very, very bright. If they ask you questions about something technical in your resume, it may sound as if they are just being curious but they will likely know the answer before you speak. Don't BS them, they will drill down until they are convinced you are being honest with them.   Answer Question
    Not much movement at all. It pretty much is what it is.

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on your offer/acceptance!

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

Phone interview, then wait one week, then in person interview. F2F interview involved short half hour with hiring manager, half hour with supervisor(s), then a half hour 3 panel interview, followed by tour of the facility. People were generally nice, besides the two other people on the panel who would be my co-workers. They came off as people I'd never want to work with. However, managers and supervisors were nice.

The position as I viewed it after the interview: 1) was nothing like the job description. 2) Was (IMHO)problably the neatest invironment for someone doing quality control testing e.g. cyclotrons, nuclear medicine, Pharma API etc.--- Perhaps the most intersting industry work you could do with a basic chemistry degree.

I felt generally short-changed as I wasn't prepared for this type of interview due to the inaccuracy of the description. If I would have known the actuall details of the job, I would have prepared better and I probably could have gotten it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe, in detail, the method validation process for XYZ lab instrument? Are you OK with working around radioactive materials?   Answer Question

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing. Your feedback is very helpful as we work to make our job descriptions more detailed and accurate.

QC Chemist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2014.

Had one group interview with chemists, then with the lab supervisor, than with the manager. In the group interview they asked me about handling stress and my availability, as the job often required you to stay late. It was a three on one group interview with senior chemists, in which we chatted about the stresses of the job. Then came the one-on-one with the supervisor who asked me about my analytical chemistry skills and my availability. The one-on-one with the manager was more typical, asking me about my goals.

Interview Questions
    • How if your experience going to impact your time at GE?   View Answer

Thank you for sharing.

Clinical Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview and then the hiring manager. Next step was a panel interview. Nothing unusual. Good questions and a nice team. I've been out of the field for three years was the reason I was told they passed me.

Interview Questions
    • How will I handle not having power because I will not be in a management position.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your feedback.