GE Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Healthcare (Houghton, MI).

Interview

9 people interviewed me, same questions gets repeated again by different persons. Knowledge of six sigma and Lean critical. Strength weakness, situational, specific examples, conflict management, compliance, challenges, failures..etc. where would you like see yourself 5 years from now, 10 years from now. tell me something about yourself.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Healthcare (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The interview process was very good. I was very pleased with the whole process. I would recommend GE Healthcare to a friend. Be ready to talk with many people, and keep a professional attitude through out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview

Initial interview with HR, second interview with hiring manager. Thought it went well but was later told (2 months later after repeated requests for information) that they had "chosen an internal candidate."

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online. Email a week later from recruiter to ask screening questions about travel, salary requirements etc. Scheduled for a phone screen a week after that. Screener was excited about my qualifications and the fact that I had researched the product and the company. Scheduled for a video interview two days later, which was to take place a week after the phone screening. Received an email canceling the video interview two days later, stating "we do not interview candidates for positions that have been filled" very disappointing.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview

Spent 5 hours interviewing with 8 different people at different times. They all seemed to ask the same type of questions. Very exhausting! They never emailed me back to let me know if they filled the job. I called and they said the job was still open 2 months later.

Staff FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was laid back and not too intimidating, it was interesting because I interviewed with my manager using telecom because they are located in Austria. I also met others onsite, everyone was friendly and insightful and they were able to clearly explain/describe the job functions and they were clear on what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you interested in this opportunity? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GE Healthcare (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Long Long Long process, patience is key in this company. Do your research on the company, you need to be top notch to make it through the process. You will meet with many people, all ask the same question. Know these answers in and out without hesitation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had conflict with a person?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations dont really exist, dont aim for salary increase, focus more on vacation benefits. They are tough on salary.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter. Then phone screen with engineer on team. Next, a full day of 8 Interviews with the entire team plus one level above hiring manager. Finally, Phone interview with HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Depends on the interviewer. If they are a relaxed, technical individual, questions will be about work experience and technical proficiency. If the interviewer is not as comfortable, questions will be standard interview questions asking for examples...i.e. tell me of a time when you overcame a problem/issue. HR Managers generally do not know much about technical aspect of job and ask personality type questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy, very relaxed atmosphere. I was asked about my background and availability. Hiring manager seemed impressed by my work history. Received call later that day for job offer.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Healthcare (Holmdel, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Was sent a Calendar invite from a GE Human Resources representative for a phone interview exactly 1 week after filling out application online. Actual interview was scheduled for 30 minutes where I dialed into a telephone conference line with an access code. The GE Human Resources representative was very prompt, professional, formal yet relaxed. Each question seemed to grow increasingly more difficult with several different parts for each of the questions total of about 6 to 7 questions. Interview took the entire 1/2 hour slot and went very smoothly

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is your current employment background?Please describe what it is that you do to stay organized at your job on a daily basis? Is there any lasting impression or message you would like to leave behind for the hiring manager before we end this phone interview?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe an instance where you encountered an intermittent issue with a repair? If so, how did you handle it, were you able to resolve it & how?   1 Answer
    • Can you discuss a situation where you dealt with an irate customer? Describe how you handled it & if you won the customer over in the end?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you've made a mistake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not Applicable as I am being scheduled for face to face/one on one interview.