GE Healthcare Service Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The interview process was very good. I was very pleased with the whole process. I would recommend GE Healthcare to a friend. Be ready to talk with many people, and keep a professional attitude through out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Holmdel, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Was sent a Calendar invite from a GE Human Resources representative for a phone interview exactly 1 week after filling out application online. Actual interview was scheduled for 30 minutes where I dialed into a telephone conference line with an access code. The GE Human Resources representative was very prompt, professional, formal yet relaxed. Each question seemed to grow increasingly more difficult with several different parts for each of the questions total of about 6 to 7 questions. Interview took the entire 1/2 hour slot and went very smoothly

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is your current employment background?Please describe what it is that you do to stay organized at your job on a daily basis? Is there any lasting impression or message you would like to leave behind for the hiring manager before we end this phone interview?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe an instance where you encountered an intermittent issue with a repair? If so, how did you handle it, were you able to resolve it & how?   1 Answer
    • Can you discuss a situation where you dealt with an irate customer? Describe how you handled it & if you won the customer over in the end?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you've made a mistake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not Applicable as I am being scheduled for face to face/one on one interview.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Healthcare in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online; then 2 days later, I received an email from them scheduling me for an initial phone interview 2 days forward (In their email to me, they asked whether or not the day and time of the interview was okay with me; of course that I replied back and said that it was okay). The interview (on the phone) lasted about 10 mins, and the interviewer asked me about 4 to 5 questions. At least two of the questions were designed to test, I guess, your short-term memory and how good you are at organizing and communicating your thoughts (since these questions among the 4 or 5 which they asked had 2 or 3 parts); but, at least 2 were also very easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you had seemingly conflicting priorities, and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

GE Healthcare Response

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Sounds like it was a quick process. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Field Service Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Sent in application on website, you must create an account then upload resume and cover letter along with some simple questions on job and school history. A few days later was emailed to set up initial phone interview with HR. 30 mins phone interview simple behavioral questions and resume questions. Few days after that second email for phone interview with manager. 30 mins same questions as HR phone interview. About a month later got email saying I was not being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, a focus on customer interaction. How would you deal with a difficult customer, examples from past.   Answer Question

GE Healthcare Response

Oct 15, 2014 – Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for giving us your feedback.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview

3 interviews 2 phone and 1 in person with the areas service manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very stingy company, you have to pay them $65/mo mandatory to use a service vehicle, whether you use it for personal use or not. They don't offer you the opportunity to provide your own transportation.

Service Methods Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Pretty standard questions. Make sure you have gone to the bathroom, are on time and dressed up. Bring your own water bottle. Expect to wait. Dont talk too much.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected - just practice with a sales manager if you know one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They give you a number and expect that that is the end. You need to tell them in the interview what you expect or it is over.

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL).

Interview

First, you'll go through the phone interview. If you do well, then you will be invited for an "in person" interview. You will go from room to room with about 3 sets of different level managers and team leaders. Questions are going to vary anywhere from previous work experience to technical questions.

Interview Questions

• "What is the most important thing you would like us to remember about you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Greenville, SC) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was great. A panel of 5 but all asked fair questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was an entry level hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Got one phone screening interview. Normal questions should be having in an interview. It went smoothly. But no reply it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

started with a regular 10 minutes phone interview. Then, an online test. Group interviews, 2 managers and 2 team leaders after approximately a month. Finally, HR manager interview came after 2 months.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose GE Healthcare?   1 Answer