GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

QC Chemist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2014.

Had one group interview with chemists, then with the lab supervisor, than with the manager. In the group interview they asked me about handling stress and my availability, as the job often required you to stay late. It was a three on one group interview with senior chemists, in which we chatted about the stresses of the job. Then came the one-on-one with the supervisor who asked me about my analytical chemistry skills and my availability. The one-on-one with the manager was more typical, asking me about my goals.

Interview Questions
    • How if your experience going to impact your time at GE?   View Answer

Thank you for sharing.

Clinical Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview and then the hiring manager. Next step was a panel interview. Nothing unusual. Good questions and a nice team. I've been out of the field for three years was the reason I was told they passed me.

Interview Questions
    • How will I handle not having power because I will not be in a management position.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2014.

At GE Healthcare (and maybe all Edison Programs) there are 3/4 tiers of interviews and offer letters. If you are an intern for GEHC, you are almost guaranteed and interview and have the best chance at getting the job because no positions are filled yet. Also mixed in here might be interns who are not in the EEDP intern program, if not then that group will be considered immediately following the EEDP interns. The next tier is if you are an intern for any GE entity, and lastly people who did not intern with GE the previous summer.

If you are an intern for GEHC you will only have one interview. In this interview you need to present a technical project that you have worked on (current intern assignment is a popular choice but I do not know if it enhances your chances). The interview itself is behavioral and resume centered. You will be asked about a lot of things on your resume, so I highly recommend going over your resume multiple times before and reflecting on the jobs and projects you have listed. I did not receive one technical question, but I was told that in the past there has been one question that needed to be solved in Java.
    I honestly only felt alright about my interview. They are looking for people who want to work hard and lead the company one day. If you are an intern you should treat that as a continual interview. You are evaluated multiple times during an internship and I am sure that those are used to help make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain what <Detail from your Resume> is? (Followed up by your technical contribution to the project)   Answer Question
    Under the impression that there is no negation. Upon offer you have about 6 weeks to decide.

Dec 1, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Congratulations and welcome to GE as a permanent employee!

Field Serivince Engineer Interview

I had two separate phone interviews with two different GE staff: one with the associate recruiting consultant, and one with the hiring manager. The questions were standard and fair. The process took 2+ weeks. They were very particular about whether the position is really something that you are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had multiple tasks in hand that were all considered urgent.   Answer Question

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

was just average, had phone screen first, and onsite interview after a week or so. onsite interview was with 6 people. nothing very hard - just usual questions, standard questions. mostly managers asking usual questions. this was an entry level questions and entry level position so no grilling questions

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Congratulations on your offer/acceptance!

EID Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at GE Healthcare.

My process was different because I interviewed through a leadership conference. But it was one day and there were 2 interviews for each position. The process took a while for me to find a match. I thought that the interview was pretty straight forward. For the EID role they didnt ask a whole bunch of technical questions but it was easy to tell that they wanted some type of demonstration of technical experience. Will ask their questions based on the resume that you submit and the experiences on there

Congratulations!

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

I had a phone interview for an entry level position. I came across the position via my school's career service center. My school sent out resumes of students and they called me.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Most of them are behavior questions. Salary Expectations was a question as well. If you give too high of an expectation they will not consider you.   Answer Question

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

The hiring process at GE is difficult depending on where you are interviewing. When I was interviewing the division was a little further from the main headquarters so I did not have as difficult of a time as others. That being said, you should be prepared with examples of exactly what the job is looking for and be prepared to meet with at least 4-5 people to get through the interview process. The questions will be concise and you will be interviewed by only the experts of the role you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were SAT and GMAT style questions. The reason was to understand my thought process and my logic. In one situation there was no answer, in the second there was one.   Answer Question
    Very little room to negotiate. GE has a mentality that people want to come work for them and they can pay what they want.

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on your acceptance!

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE Healthcare in July 2014.

Applied online; then 2 days later, I received an email from them scheduling me for an initial phone interview 2 days forward (In their email to me, they asked whether or not the day and time of the interview was okay with me; of course that I replied back and said that it was okay).
    The interview (on the phone) lasted about 10 mins, and the interviewer asked me about 4 to 5 questions.
    At least two of the questions were designed to test, I guess, your short-term memory and how good you are at organizing and communicating your thoughts (since these questions among the 4 or 5 which they asked had 2 or 3 parts); but, at least 2 were also very easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a time when you had seemingly conflicting priorities, and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Sounds like it was a quick process. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Healthcare.

The process started with phone interview. Questions asked were about my experience, understanding how the GE Healthcare operates, and situational questions for my decision making process test. After that, interview visit for a day worth of meetings with various engineers and managers. Started with my presentation on the topic of my choosing in front of the whole engineering team, followed by lineup of 30 minutes meetings with 2 persons at a time and questions about presentation and experience. Overall very professional interview experience.

Oct 7, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Congratulations on your acceptance!