GE Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Wauwatosa, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – confused, confusing, not organized. Multiple interviewers - all showed up late. Last person never showed up at all. Clearly hadn't spoken to each other. One didn't even know what job he was interviewing me for. Never saw or spoke to HR during the process after the first phone screening until they made me an offer. In general - badly managed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at GE Healthcare? This was hard because by the time they asked it, I didn't want to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – disconnected. Hiring manager made the offer, and that's who I negotiated with, but he kept having to go back to HR, who took days to respond and sometimes didn't actually respond to the question but came back with unrelated comments/offers. Took much longer than it should have for 5k and an extra week of vacation the first year.

CLPi Interview

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter at on-campus job fair. Was recommended to sign up for the position, and contacted via e-mail to submit an application through the school's career website. Asked back for an interview 10 days later, and scheduled for an interview that week. Asked mainly behavioral questions in an on-campus interview. Questions like, "explain a time you failed", "What is your greatest weakness", "what is your proudest achievement". Very young interviewer - just graduated from university. Told that the next round would be in Milwaukee.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you have failed and how it influenced you.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GE Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online via my university's website. I was then contacted by the hiring manager who asked to see some samples of writing. I sent three samples and she got back to me to schedule a second interview.

We got along really well. For the third interview, it was the hiring manager, the team's project manager, and me. He asked basic questions about agile software development and what I think is important when it comes to documentation.

Interview Question – What is agile software development and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for internship position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Specialist Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews followed 3 one on one interviews

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and straight forward

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director
Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Healthcare in December 2009.

Interview Details – After initial phone screen, I interviewed with 5-6 different people, in one case I answered questions from two people. I was asked typical behavioral-based interview questions, where they drilled down into specifics of each role I've held. I was presented with a mini case/scenario so they could see how I think.

Interview Question – Honestly, it really was less difficult than I expected. I was asked the typical questions about my greatest weaknesses and why I wanted "this job."   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – Nothing crazy. Typical behavioral

Interview Question – nothing difficult at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations for internships

Very Easy Interview

FMP Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details – apply through the campus recruiting event

Interview Question – How you experience the difficulty   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Waukesha, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at GE Healthcare in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was actually very easy. I only talked to two senior software engineers both of whom were in project lead roles.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Lead Program Integrator II Interview

Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the HR department at GE Headquarters to schedule a telephone interview. I was then interviewed over the phone by an Engineering Manager at the site where I would be working. This was a one hour interview where he first gave an overview of the line of business and the position, then asked a number of standard interview questions. I was asked about my experience and to give specific examples of some of the projects/responsibilities I had. I was then contacted one week later, again by HR, to schedule a day long on-site interview. Before the on-site inteview I had to fill out very detailed background information. I had an intense agenda of 30-minute interviews with various people at the organization as well as a teleconference and a video-teleconference with offices in Europe. The interviews ranged from sctructured Q&A to more casual conversation. I followed up after the interviews and received no response. Three weeks after the on-site interviews I received a cold, automated email from HR saying they were no longer pursuing me for the position. No reasons given.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a project challenge and how you overcame it; how do you deal with personnel conflict; explain how you manage risk on your projects; what are you most proud of, give an example of something that went wrong on a project and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Global Marketing Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – Got the interview through my personal network. Had a brief phone interview reviewing background with the HR professional, then was brought in for an on-site interview. Met with 4 peers and senior managers. The GM at the time was out on travel, but brought back to meet with him at another time. Received offer within two weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to be in healthcare.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated slightly on salary and start date.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Healthcare