GE Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Program Integrator II Interview

Lead Program Integrator II
Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the HR department at GE Headquarters to schedule a telephone interview. I was then interviewed over the phone by an Engineering Manager at the site where I would be working. This was a one hour interview where he first gave an overview of the line of business and the position, then asked a number of standard interview questions. I was asked about my experience and to give specific examples of some of the projects/responsibilities I had. I was then contacted one week later, again by HR, to schedule a day long on-site interview. Before the on-site inteview I had to fill out very detailed background information. I had an intense agenda of 30-minute interviews with various people at the organization as well as a teleconference and a video-teleconference with offices in Europe. The interviews ranged from sctructured Q&A to more casual conversation. I followed up after the interviews and received no response. Three weeks after the on-site interviews I received a cold, automated email from HR saying they were no longer pursuing me for the position. No reasons given.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a project challenge and how you overcame it; how do you deal with personnel conflict; explain how you manage risk on your projects; what are you most proud of, give an example of something that went wrong on a project and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Global Marketing Manager Interview

Global Marketing Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – Got the interview through my personal network. Had a brief phone interview reviewing background with the HR professional, then was brought in for an on-site interview. Met with 4 peers and senior managers. The GM at the time was out on travel, but brought back to meet with him at another time. Received offer within two weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to be in healthcare.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated slightly on salary and start date.

BMET Interview

BMET
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at GE Healthcare in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hr screening , phone interview with panel, personal interview

Interview Question – Are you leaving your current position? How do you handle stress and disrespect? Why do you want to work for us? How have you gone above and beyond for a coworker a customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was no negotiation gave me offer offer was final

Clinical Education Specialist Interview

Clinical Education Specialist
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in June, and the process really didn't proceed until early August. Received a call from a recruiter to ask initial questions. From there, I spoke to an additional clinical ed specialist for a 'technical review'. (The technical review was what I would equate to a peer interview...making sure that not only I could walk the walk, but talk the talk). After the technical review, I was then invited to GE Healthcare headquarters for an additional series of interviews on site with the Hiring Manager, a peer, and the Team Leader.

Interview Question – The technical review was challenging. However, if you are up to date with information and key concepts in your area of expertise, it shouldn't be too bad. The on-site interviews were all behavioral based questions (I.e....."tell me about a time when _______________" )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very easy. GE Healthcare made a very generous initial offer. Since I was leaving one job and had not yet had my vacation for the year, I asked for a provision to allow me to maintain my vacation plans. The Hiring manager was agreeable to that.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in May 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Vendor + 1 Client interview.
experience, general c++ and agile principles, difficult time, greatest challenge.

Though we know the good practices, usage and syntax of things, its better to read definitions and "we never use this or need to remember this rule in c++ and this thing in c++ is only for interview" kind of things just to be able to quickly tell without taking time to interviewer.

Interview Question – noting difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – That was the first thing they asked. There was no problem with the rate. we are both were looking at same rate.

Director Interview

Director

I applied online - interviewed at GE Healthcare in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the position a month and a half before I received a phone screening interview via e-mail. The HR manager was punctual when calling at the agreed time. The questions were straight forward and non-hostile. HR manager asked the standard strength and weakness question. HR manager also asked about salary requierement. HR manager stated that I will receive a second phone interview request, but that It could take two weeks due to upcoming corporate vacation time.

Interview Question – HR manager asked if I was interviewing or received any offers from other employers.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at GE Healthcare

Interview Details – 1 Call interview then about 1 week later onsite interview

Interview Question – Questions are all basics   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Interview

Supplier Quality
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – Very lengthy interview process...initial phone interview, then two additional phone interviews, an all-day interview at the WI headquarters and then one more additional phone interview. Be prepared to invest a lot of time into the interview process. Long time lapses between interviews without updates. Ask for a local interview instead of spending your time travelling to the HQ and still not getting an offer.

Interview Question – What is the difference between verification and validation?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Healthcare in July 2009.

Interview Details – - Interview with different groups
- Interview with marketing, sales, and engineering

Interview Question – Are you married?   Answer Question

Sourcing Leader Interview

Sourcing Leader
Waukesha, WI

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – I was hire from Campus

Interview Question – Lean Manufacturing and supply Chain specific questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation