GE Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Methods Engineer Interview

Service Methods Engineer
Waukesha, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – Pretty standard questions. Make sure you have gone to the bathroom, are on time and dressed up. Bring your own water bottle. Expect to wait. Dont talk too much.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected - just practice with a sales manager if you know one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give you a number and expect that that is the end. You need to tell them in the interview what you expect or it is over.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Waukesha, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Healthcare in April 2009.

Interview Details – First contacted by the HR manager for an intial phone screen to discuss background, interests, why you want to work for their company. The next step was to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager. This was a similar call to discuss a high level overview of the company, engineering team structure and the position. The final round was an onsite with the hiring manager and 2 members of the engineering team. The hiring manager was a brief introduction. The 2 members interviewed separately and got into more technical questions about computer science concepts (data structures, databases, etc) and also asked to do a few pseudo code walkthroughs on the whiteboard to explain how you would construct a Batteship game.

Interview Question – For an entry level position, you can expect the usual questions about your course work and topics technical topics covered within your major.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation. I felt for an entry level position, the compensation and benefits were the best I was going to get out of college.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was great. A panel of 5 but all asked fair questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you participated as the team leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I was an entry level hire.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE Healthcare in March 2011.

Interview Details – Resume Scan and On site Interview

Interview Question – Tell me your experience that showed your leadership skills   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Barrington, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – First, you'll go through the phone interview. If you do well, then you will be invited for an "in person" interview. You will go from room to room with about 3 sets of different level managers and team leaders. Questions are going to vary anywhere from previous work experience to technical questions.

Interview Question – "What is the most important thing you would like us to remember about you?"   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Waukesha, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE Healthcare in December 2012.

Interview Details – Process is slow internal and external
Phone interview first - then internal reviews last approximately 2 hours
Interview usually three times with two people per interview

Interview Question – In what situation did you find that had to overcome major obstacles to meet your objectives   Answer Question

Director of Service Interview

Director of Service
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details – First was a phone screen where an HR person who knew little about the job (and what she did know was wrong) told me they were looking because no internal candidates wanted the position. Then an interview with another HR person. Next you fill out their application online. Then they flew me to St Louis. The address for the interview was completely wrong including the building name, I had to call the hiring manager for help who confessed he got lost too!

I do a 45 minute interview and back to the airport to fly home. I interviewed Friday and find out on Sunday morning they decided to hire an internal candidate (yup go back to the first part of this).

Interview Question – Nothing, they asked questions that were so obvious that I think they never worked outside of gE.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Specialist Interview

Applications Specialist
Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Healthcare in October 2008.

Interview Details – The process has changed in the last few years but of primary concern by the team is technical expertise in the field you will cover, the ability to handle crisis without support, and the extensive amount of travel, being away from home, required by the position.

Interview Question – Due to the travel required for the position and the attrition rate of the team because of this, how will you deal with this so that you may remain with the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was static with a bit of negotiatioin. Work for added Vacation Time went fairly well.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in November 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair and talked to a recruiter. The interview was set on the same day. The questions were not technical. They were mostly behavioral and about information on your resume. They asked about your times when you showed your leadership, and give a project where you experienced difficulty and how you overcame it.

They asked me to apply to their website after the interview to get me into their system, and I got an offer letter after a couple of weeks

Interview Question – In the project you have stated, what was the most difficult challenge you had to overcome, and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was planning to go to grad school first so I wanted an internship, but then decided to pursue full-time opportunities instead.

Very Difficult Interview

EHR SALES EXECUTIVE Interview

EHR SALES EXECUTIVE
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – GE is thorough in the interview process.. Started with a random recruiter calling and interviewing me to determine if I was worthy to be recomended to GE.. After that was a phone interview with an HR assistant.. Next was an interview was with the hiring manager.. Next round was interview with HR manager and a trusted peer salesperson.. All interviews were what you'd expect in a phone interview.. Cordial, friendly and professional.. Basic questions and great recaps of the position with an emphasis on the difficulty of the job.. An online personality test was the next step.. The next and final round was with the hiring manager and his boss at a neutral place of their choosing.. First part of the itnerview was with the hiring manager, who I clicked with again as we recapped our prior interview and some new topics.. Next we joined his boss in another room where the grilling began.. This guy looked sceptical the whole time.. And he asked oddball questions.. And a lot of personality questions with the required scowl and repeating how tough the position is and expressing doubt my background was sufficient for the job (it was by the way)..The guy was so hostile it threw me off my game a bit.. And the hiring manager sat there and said nothing - letting me flounder under the intense heat.. No customer would ever be that rude.. It was a disaster and I didn't get the job.. One guy out of the whole process was enough to derail my efforts..

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when.. And what did you do..And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Healthcare