GE Healthcare

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waukesha, WI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with principal engineer to get idea of interest and experience (lasted about 30 minutes). Follow up on-site interview scheduled within 2 weeks of phone interview. 4 hour on-site interview done in multiple sessions with hiring manager, program manager, and other engineers from project. Interview consisted of behavioral questions as well as technical expertise with focus on though process. Offer came in within 1 week of on-site interview.

Interview Question – Abstract logic problem that encouraged working out verbally the problem in front of 3 managers in order to understand my thought process and how I go about solving a problem. The actual question was about light bulbs and a pattern for turning them on and off which resulted in an answer revolving around factoring numbers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer up front was more than I asked for and included relocation bonus. After initial verbal acceptance, a formal written offer came in that increased the salary by another 7%.

Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in May 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Vendor + 1 Client interview.
experience, general c++ and agile principles, difficult time, greatest challenge.

Though we know the good practices, usage and syntax of things, its better to read definitions and "we never use this or need to remember this rule in c++ and this thing in c++ is only for interview" kind of things just to be able to quickly tell without taking time to interviewer.

Interview Question – noting difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – That was the first thing they asked. There was no problem with the rate. we are both were looking at same rate.

Waukesha, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Healthcare in April 2009.

Interview Details – First contacted by the HR manager for an intial phone screen to discuss background, interests, why you want to work for their company. The next step was to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager. This was a similar call to discuss a high level overview of the company, engineering team structure and the position. The final round was an onsite with the hiring manager and 2 members of the engineering team. The hiring manager was a brief introduction. The 2 members interviewed separately and got into more technical questions about computer science concepts (data structures, databases, etc) and also asked to do a few pseudo code walkthroughs on the whiteboard to explain how you would construct a Batteship game.

Interview Question – For an entry level position, you can expect the usual questions about your course work and topics technical topics covered within your major.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation. I felt for an entry level position, the compensation and benefits were the best I was going to get out of college.

Stanford, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Healthcare in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met at Stanford career fair. They collected resumes for a screening process with a single, non-technical interview. They asked me about a leadership experience, a little about myself, and a project that I had worked on. The interviewer told me a bit about the work the teams do at GE, which included their software engineering development process and how the teams use the Agile method

Interview Question – They asked me where my preferred location would be out of Plano TX, Seattle WA, or Barrington IL. Didn't expect that.   View Answer

Barrington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and one on-site interview.

The phone interviews consist of your background and skill set, as well as theory questions on how you would approach and solve basic coding or system challenges. They also ask you behavioral questions situations you've experienced and how you handled them.

The on-site interview is essentially the two phone interviews merged together. They may throw a white-board coding challenge your way but not always.

Interview Question – If you tell the interviewer your weakness (i.e. databases) they almost always ask you about them in detail. It's a GE ego thing. It's hard to say what questions you'll be asked during an interview because the interviewer training isn't well put together.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A verbal offer on the phone, make sure you negotiate this, otherwise they expect you are satisfied. You can still negotiate once you receive the email offer, but its best to just do it on the phone. You can almost always get a bit more than the original offer.

Waukesha, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Healthcare in April 2011.

Interview Details – First the HR manager called and asked few basic stuff.
Then there was an initial technical phone interview which consisted of questions based on my resume and previous projects, there were few questions on basics of object oriented programming(polymorphism, objects, constructors).
Got a call for onsite.
Initial technical round, more of behavioral and technical questions on some hardware, stacks lasted for 45 mins. The person was really cool and I really enjoyed being interview by this guy.
another technical round with the guy who actually did the phone interview, He was cool and had some basic OOP based questions. This person was cool and it lasted for 30 mins.
At this point I really wanted to work there and be part of the group as the two people who interviewed me were really cool and were actually working there for over 15 years.
Then there was another round with two people. One of them was the Manager of the group. the questions were 1. where do you see yourself in 5 years. what programming languages are you comfortable with. why are you leaving your current job. Tell me one wrong decision you took and what was its impact etc.

They offered me the job same day and based on my interview experience I almost decided to join the group.

Interview Question – when do you use a virtual destructor   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They were offering less than what I presently make.

Barrington, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Healthcare in November 2008.

Interview Details – 2 panel groups, one consisting of leadership evaluation and another consisting of technical evaluation. Each panel questioned for about 1 hour different questions on past experiences and hypothetical technical situations. The leadership evaluation asked questions specifically targeted towards GE's famous 'growth values'.

External Focus: “Defines success through the customer's eyes. In tune with industry dynamic. Sees around corners.” FA translation: Know how your clients truly define a successful financial advisor relationship. “Seeing around corners” requires that you interpret industry events in a way that will help you predict future developments.

Clear Thinking: “Seeks simple solutions to complex problems. Is decisive and focused. Communicates clear and consistent priorities.” FA translation: Understand your affluent client's concerns and problems and provide clear, easy-to-understand solutions. All of your marketing efforts should focus on acquiring the ideal client. Make sure your clients know they are your “number one.”

Imagination: “Generates new and creative ideas. Is resourceful and open to change. Takes risks on both people and ideas. Displays courage and tenacity.” FA translation: You need to think of new ways to create tangible value for clients. That may mean developing a new service model. Look at what your competitors are doing and take it one step further. Look for solutions that are outside your comfort zone.

Inclusiveness: “Is a team player. Respects others' ideas and contributions. Creates excitement, drives engagement, builds loyalty and commitment.” FA translation: Treat everyone you work with as a knowledge worker. Use their expertise. For example, even if you share an assistant with another advisor, you must consider this person a part of your team. Their ideas and contributions should be encouraged and ultimately required. Communication with support personnel and junior advisors must be clear and ongoing. Delegate responsibilities, not just tasks, and take the time to teach subordinates new things and build their expertise whenever possible.

Expertise: “Has in-depth domain knowledge and credibility built on experience. Continuously develops self. Loves learning.” FA translation: Developing a deeper understanding of demographics, industry changes, political developments, consumer trends, and current affluent needs and wants will give you greater credibility with your clients and subordinates. Cultivating greater knowledge of yourself and engaging in physical exercise are also crucial to your ability to overcome future challenges. Commit to lifelong learning.

Interview Question – You have one gold bar that you need to pay a carpenter for an upcoming job. He will work seven days for you, and you must pay him one seventh (1/7) of your gold bar at the end of each day. What is the fewest number of cuts you can make to achieve this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NON-NEGOTIABLE AT ALL

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview Details – Three rounds: 1 written , 1 technical and 1 HR.

Written had aptitude questions+ C coding mcqs + essay on few questions.

Technical : They asked me questions related to my favorite subject and project .

HR: Normal conversation

Interview Question – Why you don't want to study further?
If yes , why you do.
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Healthcare in September 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds
1 written exam - aptitude, simple c questions
1 technical round - about our projects, data structures, c, JAVA/C++(if u know)
1 HR

Interview Question – Nothing.
its simple and if you have good conceptual knowledge in your academic projects and clear knowledge in any object oriented language you can crack it
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Healthcare in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was an on campus placement process. The aptitude was taken by cocubes and it was tough at first look but solvable... the first was a quant section that had 10 question to be solved in 15 mins.. next was a technical section with 10 questions in 20 mins... then came a personal test where there were questions like how does GE fit into your career aspirations.. something about yourself etc... that lasted 20 mins...

then they shortlisted people and had a group discussion. try to start the discussion as it shows initiative and when you speak make sure no one else is...also state diverse points and try to keep the discussion going...

then there was a technical round of interview in which they quizzed me on my projects that i did. they also gave me a puzzle and asked me to tell the approach to it not the answer..

then i had an HR interview where he asked me all sorts of typical HR questions, something about yourself, family background, why GE, strengths, weaknesses etc etc...

Interview Question – Try not to contradict yourself and make sure you answer properly. I was also asked about the toughest decision that i had to make so far...   Answer Question

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!