GE Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated May 19, 2015

2.6

Staff Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly lengthy. A lot of red tape and it took almost 2 and a half months to get a formal offer. I had a phone interview then I was asked for an in-person interview about 2 weeks later. I interviewed with 4 people while in the office and had another phone interview that afternoon. The process went smoothly and everyone was very helpful when explaining the process and walking you through it.

Interview Questions

• If you are faced with a problem and aren't sure how to solve it, what would you do and how would you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I interviewed at GE (The Woodlands, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They had a 3 part interview process. The first one with HR which is basic questions you will get everywhere. The technical interview consisted of mostly high level questions, not very specific. Also I will say it was centered around experiences more than random technical questions. The last is an on site interview confirming your fit with the company as well as a teaching session to determine your proficiency in conveying your technical knowledge to others.

Interview Questions

• They asked a couple question which seemed very specific to their system.   Answer Question

Logistics Planner Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager & his boss in person at the manu plant, then a phone interview with the HR manager, too. Not really anything out of the ordinary. I started 2 months later. It takes quite an orchestra to make it all come together with a big company like GE. Offer letter came from someone in NY.

Interview Questions

• There really didn't experience anything difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They accepted my counter offer.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Pasadena, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was initiated through a recruiting company that I applied to online. The interview was approximately an hour long with two project engineers. It began with basic work history and experience questions. Then I was asked technical questions about thermodynamics which was unexpected and I had a difficult answering them in detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain the three thermodynamic cycles in detail.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Nothing technical. I got an impression that the management that interviewed me knew themselves what they needed. Just asked several questions about my previous experiences and asked questions that had shown their lack of technical expertise and amateurish approach.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward and easy. This was one of the easiest interviews that I have ever had. The hiring mgr was please and also the HR persons.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX).

Interview

On-Site interview at GE Energy, Houston, TX. Interview lasted for 1 hour. Panel of 3 interviewers, asking routine questions. Panel members were very calm and poised, talking less and wanting to hear from you more. Don't lie on the interview. If you have never heard of the technologies they are using at the company, don't be frightened. Tell them that you'll spend the first few weeks learning all the technologies that are being used in the company and that you're a really quick learner and you've done this before.

Interview Questions

• Why G.E ?   Answer Question
    • At G.E., we expect our employees to have experience in handling multiple projects at a time. Give us an example of a time when you had to handle multiple projects.   Answer Question
    • What kind of work profile are you interested in ? Hands-on work, like working at an on-site location ? Or, sitting at your desk and analyzing the data that comes as a result of others' work ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

That was a contract job. No room for negotiation. And more over, they made an offer I couldn't decline.

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial interview on campus, invited for 2nd-round. 1st and 2nd round were behavioral, mundane "What would you do if an employee did not want to follow an assignment you gave to him/her?" or "Why G.E., why OUR division...? SOOOO, tell me about yourself. Who ARE you?" Paired interviewers for 2nd round: Odd pairing of two employees at one interview in which one employee twice challenged questioning by the other. Awkward.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an attendance problem because a bunch of employees made sure that they used all of their two weeks of sick leave every year, and their family maternity leave, and it cost the company $1,000 per employee per every two weeks for those who used the benefit? So, you're paying-out this money, but getting no production back for the company. How do you get people to show up for work instead of using their sick leave?   Answer Question

ITLP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX).

Interview

GE was a great company to work for. Met recruiters at job fair and made an instant connection. Interviews were strictly behavioral and questions were more or less standard. The rotational program is definitely something to check out if you want to advance quickly through the ranks. After the internship you interview for full time at the end of your engagement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Senior Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

The interview process was a little odd with the senior manager obviously in a hurry and simply wanting his questions answered. More time was spent with other people that were temporarily performing the job until they could hire the target employees. It was apparent after talking with the younger engineers that they all worked very long hours. The hiring manager wanted to bring in a very seasoned person along with a junior person with the obvious intent for the senior to train his replacement.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions came up. It was suprising that the intent of the senior training his less expensice replacement was so obvious.   Answer Question