GE

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

interviewed at GE in May 2014.

They had a 3 part interview process. The first one with HR which is basic questions you will get everywhere. The technical interview consisted of mostly high level questions, not very specific. Also I will say it was centered around experiences more than random technical questions. The last is an on site interview confirming your fit with the company as well as a teaching session to determine your proficiency in conveying your technical knowledge to others.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a couple question which seemed very specific to their system.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pasadena, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2014.

The interview was initiated through a recruiting company that I applied to online. The interview was approximately an hour long with two project engineers. It began with basic work history and experience questions. Then I was asked technical questions about thermodynamics which was unexpected and I had a difficult answering them in detail.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the three thermodynamic cycles in detail.   View Answer

Logistics Planner Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

I interviewed with the hiring manager & his boss in person at the manu plant, then a phone interview with the HR manager, too. Not really anything out of the ordinary. I started 2 months later. It takes quite an orchestra to make it all come together with a big company like GE. Offer letter came from someone in NY.

Interview Questions
    • There really didn't experience anything difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    They accepted my counter offer.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2009.

Fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Traditional experience and behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Pointless. Ask for everything because they are blowing smoke if they speak of the future.

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2009.

The people were very bright, professional, and knowledgeable.

Additional vacation negotiated.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at GE.

On-Site interview at GE Energy, Houston, TX.
    Interview lasted for 1 hour.
    Panel of 3 interviewers, asking routine questions.
    Panel members were very calm and poised, talking less and wanting to hear from you more.
    Don't lie on the interview. If you have never heard of the technologies they are using at the company, don't be frightened. Tell them that you'll spend the first few weeks learning all the technologies that are being used in the company and that you're a really quick learner and you've done this before.

Interview Questions
    • Why G.E ?   Answer Question
    • At G.E., we expect our employees to have experience in handling multiple projects at a time. Give us an example of a time when you had to handle multiple projects.   Answer Question
    • What kind of work profile are you interested in ?
      Hands-on work, like working at an on-site location ? Or, sitting at your desk and analyzing the data that comes as a result of others' work ?
        Answer Question
    That was a contract job. No room for negotiation. And more over, they made an offer I couldn't decline.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2009.

This was an internal posting and was a replacement.
    Location was Houston, TX
    The group was relatively old and reported into corporate through Atlanta, GA
    Six sigma experience was required

The interview process was fairly informal, since it was an internal posting. Scheduling was simple. HR seemed to have a big say and I have no clue why. The did not tell me that there would be no promotion in grade at all, but this would be considered as a lateral move. This would have saved me a lot of time.

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve on the last person who held this position   Answer Question

HR determined no pay increase, so this would be a lateral move. It would've been nice to know early on and not get stiffed at the end by HR

Junior Officer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in November 2011.

I had 3 phone screens after submitting an online application. The phone screens progressed in difficulty. The first two were just to feel out my social skills and my interest in the program. The last was more in depth and delved into how I solved problems at work.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was a standard program offer.

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in November 2012.

Initial interview on campus, invited for 2nd-round. 1st and 2nd round were behavioral, mundane "What would you do if an employee did not want to follow an assignment you gave to him/her?" or "Why G.E., why OUR division...? SOOOO, tell me about yourself. Who ARE you?" Paired interviewers for 2nd round: Odd pairing of two employees at one interview in which one employee twice challenged questioning by the other. Awkward.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had an attendance problem because a bunch of employees made sure that they used all of their two weeks of sick leave every year, and their family maternity leave, and it cost the company $1,000 per employee per every two weeks for those who used the benefit? So, you're paying-out this money, but getting no production back for the company. How do you get people to show up for work instead of using their sick leave?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in December 2008.

Received a Call to attend the first interview with the HR Manager, on the screening process.
    Then went for a second Interview with the hiring manager who was great at the process.
    Finally went to a third interview with the Plant Manager and then got a proposal.

No negotiation

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!