GE

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Danbury, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was great, the recruiter was persistent, then we interviewed and I had to keep following up for weeks before they told me the position was cancelled. Would have appreciated responses since I was told I would be brought in for an interview.

Interview Question – How would your manager describe you?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2008.

Interview Details – There were 8 interviews with various interviewers, most of which asked very similar questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your business. The financials, the key competitors, etc.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They come forward with what is typically their best offer. They don't expect to negotiate

Human Resources Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE in April 2010.

Interview Details – Good process - very quick to make decisions.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Not the right role.

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in June 2011.

Interview Details – A very smooth process, starting from the initial phone interview to on-site interviews. There were 6 interviews total, which I felt was a reasonable number. I was kept in touch with throughout the process. The hiring manager and staffing team were also extremely helpful and responsive with answering all my questions. Overall, a great experience.

Interview Question – What excites you about this role?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2007.

Interview Details – Actually interviewed for one position and was not selected. Manager asked if he could keep me in mind for future openings, and called me three months later after another person got promoted to corporate.

Interview Question – How many six sigma projects have you completed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a salary range, and try to stay in bottom third. Annual review (and raises) are actually every 14 months, and are non-negotiable

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are building, curing, moving, and power the world. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With several businesses and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Human Resources Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.