GE Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE (Danbury, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was great, the recruiter was persistent, then we interviewed and I had to keep following up for weeks before they told me the position was cancelled. Would have appreciated responses since I was told I would be brought in for an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in August 2008.

Interview

There were 8 interviews with various interviewers, most of which asked very similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your business. The financials, the key competitors, etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They come forward with what is typically their best offer. They don't expect to negotiate

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screening from Talent Recruitment team, then an invitation to attend an in-person interview with a manager in the same location, as well as a telepresence interview with a manager in another location (held one after another on the same day). First interview was quite comprehensive, but the second interview was completely informal. Received an offer the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary to compensate for not receiving a pension but it wasn't to the amount that I requested.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in June 2011.

Interview

A very smooth process, starting from the initial phone interview to on-site interviews. There were 6 interviews total, which I felt was a reasonable number. I was kept in touch with throughout the process. The hiring manager and staffing team were also extremely helpful and responsive with answering all my questions. Overall, a great experience.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GE in April 2010.

Interview

Good process - very quick to make decisions.

Not the right role.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at GE in May 2007.

Interview

Actually interviewed for one position and was not selected. Manager asked if he could keep me in mind for future openings, and called me three months later after another person got promoted to corporate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a salary range, and try to stay in bottom third. Annual review (and raises) are actually every 14 months, and are non-negotiable