GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Interview

IT
Danbury, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE in April 2009.

Interview Details – A combination of styles: most were pretty standard interview - asked about past roles and experience. Two of the HR people asked really dopy questions about how I would share rope on an island or something. The HR people also asked questions like "describe a situation where you felt uncomfortable confronting your boss". The IT interviews were fine, but the HR interviews were very uncomfortable and unnatural.

Interview Question – If you were stuck on an island with only a piece of rope and a shovel, describe how you would use those tools.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Very stuffy company and seemed very bureaucratic.

IT Interview

IT
Van Buren Township, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Got invited to in-person interview after applying online. Was informed that there would be 4 team members present. When I got there, there were 7 people, all but one via video- or teleconference. Two were manager-types, the rest were techies. Over all it was a pretty typical interview albeit with way too many people at one time. Most of the techies did not add anything to the interview or just asked stock questions probably given to them by their manager. One was apparently in charge of trying to find holes in my experience as he was fairly vocal and negative.

Interview Question – What version of Blackberry Enterprise did you install?   Answer Question

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!