GE

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Submit resume into system, screened by 3rd party agency, then HR review, Manager Interview, HR Interview, 2nd interviews if needed, etc. I also interviewed with a team member that I would be working with. The manager was not local, so I had to use a Telepresence system that uses a camera and a monitor to make it look like the other person is sitting across the table from you - this made the interview much easier as I was able to connect with the manager more easily.

Interview Question – Where do you hope to be in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited ability to negotiate based on corporate policies.

Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2009.

Interview Details – First a phone-interview, then a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and HR, then a group interview with the team (of 4)...offer was made within 3 weeks, but I declined it (it was not as attractive as I would have liked)

Interview Question – How do you deal with people issues, given the limited authority you have over people as a PM?   View Answer

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – 2 rounds of techical interview followed by discussion with site leader or CIO and then with HR. Hiring and Interview Process is tough and very lengthy ........................................... ............. ............ ....................................................................................

Interview Question – Why you want to join GE and why should we hire you ?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had six interview rounds in total:
1) Telephonic screening by immediate supervisor - lasted almost 30 min; was asked generic questions on my current profile, PM practices and reason for leaving current employer; a week later I was asked to come down to the Whitefield Bangalore office for F2F discussions
2) F2F discussion with immediate supervisor - lasted another 30 min; was explained where would I fit into the larger organizational scheme of things etc.
3) F2F discussion with VP-HR - lasted 30 min; asked me generic HR stuff like strengths, weaknesses and reason for frequent job changes etc.
4) F2F interview with reporting manager - lasted 30 min; asked me tricky stuff based on my current profile, was trying to ascertain my problem solving skills along with my PM process knowledge
5) F2F interview with another peer operations PM - lasted 15 min; this guy was almost the same age as me and this turned out to be more of a freewheeling discussion rather than an interview; we even found out that we have some common friends between us!
6) F2F interview with location leader - lasted 15 min; was a very senior guy but couldn't grill me enough due to lack of time! :P

Interview Question – As a Business Intelligence(BI) leader, how can you stop fraudulent revenue reporting?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A week after the F2F interviews they got back to me for offer discussions. Overall, from the first call to the offer letter, it took two and a half weeks. I was offered exactly what I had asked for without any negotiations at all. Probably because it was near the lower end of their hiring budget but it did offer me an almost 50% raise nevertheless!(I was grossly underpaid at my previous job).

IT Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on line, within 45 days, received a call for a phone interview. Next 2 weeks, did a panel interview. Following 2 weeks, did a 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – What was the worse then you did in your job and how did you correct it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary, unable to negotiate on vacation and medical benefits.

IT Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – First two Interviews were conducted over the phone. Very nice and friendly atmosphere. Than I was invited for an onsite interview. People were very friendly and cooperative, it was mostly mutual discussion and they were looking for what I think about the job and what will bring to the company. That makes sense they would invest in a new employee they wanted to get a return on their investment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – quite long.

IT Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GE in March 2008.

Interview Details – The process was very cordial. Interviewed with 3 different managers and toured the facility; subsequently after the final interview, had the oportunity to talk with department personnel.
The questions were based on how one dealt with different situations in past projects. Responses that were judged related to cost, time as well as personnel - e.g how does one deal with a difficult person in a team environment who is technical very savvy, always know best and does not comply with others' suggestions.

Interview Question – Describe how did you control costs in a recent performance of a project?   Answer Question

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!