GE

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Submit resume into system, screened by 3rd party agency, then HR review, Manager Interview, HR Interview, 2nd interviews if needed, etc. I also interviewed with a team member that I would be working with. The manager was not local, so I had to use a Telepresence system that uses a camera and a monitor to make it look like the other person is sitting across the table from you - this made the interview much easier as I was able to connect with the manager more easily.

Interview Question – Where do you hope to be in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited ability to negotiate based on corporate policies.

Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2009.

Interview Details – First a phone-interview, then a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and HR, then a group interview with the team (of 4)...offer was made within 3 weeks, but I declined it (it was not as attractive as I would have liked)

Interview Question – How do you deal with people issues, given the limited authority you have over people as a PM?   View Answer

IT Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on line, within 45 days, received a call for a phone interview. Next 2 weeks, did a panel interview. Following 2 weeks, did a 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – What was the worse then you did in your job and how did you correct it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary, unable to negotiate on vacation and medical benefits.

IT Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – First two Interviews were conducted over the phone. Very nice and friendly atmosphere. Than I was invited for an onsite interview. People were very friendly and cooperative, it was mostly mutual discussion and they were looking for what I think about the job and what will bring to the company. That makes sense they would invest in a new employee they wanted to get a return on their investment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – quite long.

IT Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GE in March 2008.

Interview Details – The process was very cordial. Interviewed with 3 different managers and toured the facility; subsequently after the final interview, had the oportunity to talk with department personnel.
The questions were based on how one dealt with different situations in past projects. Responses that were judged related to cost, time as well as personnel - e.g how does one deal with a difficult person in a team environment who is technical very savvy, always know best and does not comply with others' suggestions.

Interview Question – Describe how did you control costs in a recent performance of a project?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE IT Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.