GE

GE ITLP Intern Interview Questions

2.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ITLP Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

One phone call interview

Other Interview Reviews for GE

ITLP Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

On campus recruiting, followed by information session and then the interview. Interview was supposed to be 45 minutes, went a little over. The questions were entirely behavioral and asked about past experiences. The interviewers were very friendly, something that caught me by surprise was that it was a 2 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2013.

Gave my resume to a recruiter at my campus career day. Was contacted a few weeks later for a on-campus interview. The interview was totally comprised of behavioral questions and things on my resume. Was told that I would move to next round of interviews to be conducted next week. The second interview was a bit more detailed than the first, it was conducted via phone and the interviewer really wanted detailed answers to questions. All in all, it was a easy process and I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience when you have provided an innovation to members of your club.   Answer Question

Haven't made a decision to accept yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in October 2013.

Went to campus career fair. Invited to private dinner with employees that evening, along with other candidates. Interviewed next morning (behavioral).

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation in which you made an unpopular choice   Answer Question

Decided to go into public accounting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Buren Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Buren Township, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in October 2013.

I applied through my university's career assistance center with my resume, and I got the interview. I feel like GPA is considered heavily along with extracurricular. The interview was very straightforward with only behavioral-type questions. If the recruiter likes your answers, they forward your resume to the people who are hiring interns. The best advice I can give is to be creative but honest with your answers. Don't talk about just engineering-related experiences.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions. The hardest question I got was something along the lines of, "Tell me about a time that you worked on a team, how did you manage it, etc."   Answer Question

ITLP - Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2013.

I had two phone interviews with previous ITLPs. We discussed things like my technology experience, why I was drawn to the job, etc. It was not a "tricky" interview -- very much just a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • "When have you used technology to make something more efficient?" That's one of the main goals of ITLP but it was kind of a curveball for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in April 2013.

lots of typical interview personal questions
    e.g.
    describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it

describe your favorite project

tell me about a project you have done outside of school

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss and how you went about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

GE was a great company to work for. Met recruiters at job fair and made an instant connection. Interviews were strictly behavioral and questions were more or less standard. The rotational program is definitely something to check out if you want to advance quickly through the ranks. After the internship you interview for full time at the end of your engagement.

No negotiation possible

ITLP Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in October 2011.

Behavioral questions, not hard. The person I interviewed with was very personable and not intimidating at all. There were no technical questions asked. Interview was suppose to be 45 minutes but took a little less time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you worked in a team and had trouble with a team member.   Answer Question