GE

767 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager - IT Security Interview

Project Manager - IT Security

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Very long and drawn out with a series of phone interviews and a final day of interviewing with multiple managers. The whole process took about a month and was very repetitive and mundane, which contributed to my lack of excitement towards the job at the end. The phone interviews, with different people, often asked me the exact same behavioral and situation-based questions so it was clear the interviewers were not communicating together. Some of the questions were challenging if you had limited experience with an exact or similar situation, but they were generally easy to walk through and they are just looking for your analytical and social thought process. Ultimately, I did not feel the values and personality traits of the team I interviewed with aligned well, as they are looking for a specific mold and expect you to emulate that, however I have a feeling this varies by the specific team and/or manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you were consulting on a project and you had to tell the client/customer that their intended direction was not correct or effective and how you convinced them to go with your desired solution/ideas instead.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2014.

Interview Details – Uses outside/contract recruiters, then once past that interviews are coordinated via HR person. Very well organized and transparent process. Hiring manager was open to dialog and spent quite a bit of time explaining his particular focus points and objectives.

Interview Question – Why would GE want to hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
The Woodlands, TX

I interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Interview Details – They had a 3 part interview process. The first one with HR which is basic questions you will get everywhere. The technical interview consisted of mostly high level questions, not very specific. Also I will say it was centered around experiences more than random technical questions. The last is an on site interview confirming your fit with the company as well as a teaching session to determine your proficiency in conveying your technical knowledge to others.

Interview Question – They asked a couple question which seemed very specific to their system.   Answer Question

Marketing Leader Interview

Marketing Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Interview questions are based on experience for how you can perform the job and behavioral questions for your personality and fit with the company. GE is great at helping candidates decide if they would be a good fit for the company and if the company is a good fit for this person.

Interview Question – What books have you read lately?   View Answer

OMLP Interview

OMLP
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was mostly behavioral. Had an internship there over the summer and presented my key accomplishments, but interviewers were more interested in my definition of leadership and how I would solve potential conflicts.

Interview Question – I was not expecting questions relating to managing unhappy employees.   Answer Question

Senior Fraud Representative Interview

Senior Fraud Representative
Kettering, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GE in June 2011.

Interview Details – telephone interview, onsite interview with a panel, explained hiring process and dress code. explained when next training class would start. got a call with salary and days off, awaited on background and drug test results to return.,

Interview Question – why would you like to work for GE   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes. Always negotiate

Financial Management Program (Shanghai) Interview

Financial Management Program (Shanghai)

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – Applied through college with resume, cover letter and an interviewstream video required by the college. Also did the online application. Should have 4-5 rounds of interviews with HR, Finance Managers and CFO. I got phone interview in June 2014, but failed...

Interview Question – Nothing really hard. General questions.
Tell me about the public presentation that you made most successfully.
  Answer Question

HRLP Interview

HRLP

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – on campus interview, on site interview with 3 rounds, everyone was very nice and no one tried to intimidate you through the process. Offer was made about 2 weeks after on site interview. This could depend based on business

Interview Question – questions were very straight forward   Answer Question

ITLP Interview

ITLP

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through university career site and was selected for on-campus interview. Followed up by a phone conversation with ITLP manager, who offered me a position after the interview. This was for an intern position. For my full-time position, whether or not I received an offer was based on my performance as an intern. I received an offer about one week after my internship was over.

Interview Question – Talk about a time where you faced a challenge with someone and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Architect

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – 4 interviews remotely on a row. Interview is easy. But the senior manager told you " I can hire you , and I can fire you too" He mean it. The first year, almost 20 people got fired or quit

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!