GE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Trade Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

Interview

I met with four or five group managers and the VP to find out about the responsibilities of the job and so they could get to know me better and to find out what team I would be the best fit for. Then after those interviews I met with someone from HR to go over the details and was told I would be contacted shortly either way. I heard back within a week and accepted the position and then had to go through the background check before my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a project or group assignment I worked on in the past that helped me learn and would be helpful in this position.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online recieved email a day later for testing, took the test its computer test real easy after that they say we will contact you in a few weeks a month and a half passed finally. Got a date to set up Interview they put you in a room with a couple other people that are there for interviews team you up and you have to put together a lego helicopter together without instructions after that you interview and thats it a month later I got offered the position.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at GE.

Interview

I was already an employee of GE. So this process was internal for me. Its a part of one of GE's leadership program where the Masters program is funded by GE. Gives a good hands on exposure to the manufacturing facility

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by in-person interview with HR, hiring managers...Walked thru the resume for a little bit, then it was mostly focused on behavioral questions.Great place to build your experience if you are willing to always be learning.

Test and Development Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE (Minnetonka, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday and got a phone interview for the following Monday. I spoke with the supervisor for the role. They described the department and the job explained the tech position in more detail.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions in this one, we just reviewed my resume and they asked about my experiences relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Financial Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

I had a first round interview on campus, from there I was invited to a second round interview at their Power and Water headquarters in Atlanta where they flew me down. Received an offer within an hour of my flight landing.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you failed to reach a goal you or a manager set?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied firstly online and received a phone call from a HR asking for a in-person interview. They talked about what is this position about and why they called me. Then they ask me some behavioral questions for like half an hour and they led me to a hiring manager's office who asked me some technical questions for another half hour.

Interview Questions

• half behavioral questions and half technical questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Process took about a month. Applied through university website, had an interview about a month later and heard back within two days. Interview was very short and was only asked three quesitons. The interviewer did not seem very interested but that may have been because I was one of the last to interview for the position.

ITLP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at an on campus event. The next week I received an email requesting a video/phone interview. After that I received a call from the head of the ITLP program I was applying for with a verbal offer. I then received the written offer and had about a week and a half to make my decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a team member who wasnt carrying their weight; Tell me about a time you had to innovate   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied through the university's website. I was scheduled to come in for a 30 minute interview a week later. Asked very basic interview questions. Do your research on GE. I am still waiting to hear back.