GE

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014
780 interviews

Commercial Leadership Program Interview

The interview took place at a GE facility with interviews from current participants, HR, and the program manager. Each interviewer had various behavioral interview questions. The evening before the interview there was a social function with current program members and the program manager.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all based on the top 20 behavioral questions. So nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Overall smooth process including screening, technical and face to face rounds. Don't take too long and keeps you updated online too. Recruiting staff was helpful. Technical interview mainly drilling you down on your engineering expertise and troubleshooting skills. Good interviewers and helps to understand required skills for the particular position.

Sourcing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 7+ months - interviewed at GE.

1 phone interview and 3 face face interviews back to back. Fairly straightforward questions. Very nice smart people. Had one hr phone interview after the hiring manager interview. Was intimidating office as it is very large building.

Interview Questions
    Got 10 percent more by just asking.

General Interview Interview

Phone call screen with one employee, met a few of the employees at an external hiring conference, brought in for GE hiring conference with about 20 other people, they didn't really ask many questions, mostly conversation and what I wanted to talk about, not a difficult interview

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in July 2014.

For this program they mostly hire only interns anymore. They interview us during the summer before school starts of our last year. It usually changes up every year but this year, we had a 5 minute presentation on a project we have done. Then had two half hour interviews one for HR and a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked interested technical questions about projects that I have done in the past   View Answer

Engineer/Technologist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in October 2010.

JobFair to Telephonic to Onsite and done deal. It was nice that they paid for everything for flight from houston tx to albany ny and stay in hamptons inn . great company to work for who spend so much even before the offer

Project Manager Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite

Was offered 3 weeks PTO, got it up to 4 weeks

Software Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GE.

Got in contact with a GE recruiter through an on-campus career fair. I spoke with the recruiter about the work I had done, basically pitched him my experience and projects. The recruiter mentioned that he had an opening that matched my experience, and he scheduled me for interview.

The 2-part interview process consisted of an in-person behavioral interview followed by a technical screen over the phone by an engineer on the team I would be working with. Both took around 90 minutes.

The behavioral interview was actually a pretty nice experience. The person interviewing me didn't go for the 'standard' HR questions and instead we just talked for awhile about relevant coursework and personal projects. He did open a few times with "tell me about a project in which ....blah blah", but it progressed naturally into an open dialogue. Following this phase, I was scheduled for a technical screen.

I was contacted by a GE engineer, and we set up a time which worked for both of us. For the next hour and a half I was grilled on the full spectrum of computer systems and software. The questions were generally more on the conceptual side, ranged in scope from straightforward to fairly in-depth. The interviewer did mention that he was asking questions intended for a full-time hire, and not to sweat out any incorrect answers. Below are a few questions I was asked:

1. Explain the Linux driver model, and how you would go about developing your own.
    2. Walk me through the process of modifying an interrupt service routine in the Windows kernel.
    3. Walk me through the general prologue and epilogue of a generic interrupt service routine.
    4. What keyword in C would you use to indicate a variable will be modified outside of the local scope?
    5. Let's say we have Host A and Host B on a LAN, both without established ARP entries. What happens when Host A pings Host B? (Wanted details on ARP discovery, IP address resolution, pertinent Wireshark commands, etc)
    6. What is the stack used for, versus the heap?
    7. What is realtime computing?
    8. Tell me everything you know about process schedulers. (I hadn't touched scheduling in depth, so I talked about linux CPU governors and he seemed happy with that)

Following the technical screening (I'd say I got around 85% of his questions right), they presented an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • What is a stack overflow? (This question wasn't surprising) Can you tell me about the overflow vulnerability inherent in the printf() function? (Hello question outta left field!)   View Answer
    Hah negotiation as an intern. But in seriousness the offer was pretty solid.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2014.

Uses outside/contract recruiters, then once past that interviews are coordinated via HR person. Very well organized and transparent process. Hiring manager was open to dialog and spent quite a bit of time explaining his particular focus points and objectives.

Marketing Leader Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview questions are based on experience for how you can perform the job and behavioral questions for your personality and fit with the company. GE is great at helping candidates decide if they would be a good fit for the company and if the company is a good fit for this person.

Interview Questions

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!