GE

Getting the Interview

601 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Several in person interviews

Interview Question – What kind of tree would you be   Answer Question

Country Risk Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Telephonic informational interview. No tough questions, just walking through the resume

ITLP - Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with previous ITLPs. We discussed things like my technology experience, why I was drawn to the job, etc. It was not a "tricky" interview -- very much just a conversation.

Interview Question – "When have you used technology to make something more efficient?" That's one of the main goals of ITLP but it was kind of a curveball for me.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Midland, TX

The process took 4 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Hiring process was done mostly over the phone initially since I was living in Dallas and interviewing for the position in west Texas. I had to apply online. From initial contact to hire date was over 4 months. I had to fill out the same online application 3 separate times which was frustrating.

Negotiation Details – I was offered the standard hourly rate and informed about how bonuses and raises were earned.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview when I was a freshmen. I was threw off when the recruiter first asked me if I had any questions for her. As she was taking notes, I was thinking about any question that I could ask her. Eventually, the whole interview process was all about me asking her questions. Towards the end, I asked her if she had any question for me. She, then, asked me to introduce myself. It was not a pleasant interview experience.

Interview Question – Nearly no questions from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2014.

Interview Details – After applying it took 2-3 weeks for it to go through. Received an email asking for an interview time. After the interview, the following day I got an Offer Letter through email.

Interview Question – What makes your greater than the rest of your peers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate when I wanted to take the Co-Op.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in July 2011.

Interview Details – For entry level interview, mostly behavior questions. Not much technical questions

Negotiation Details – not negotiable

Software Engineer Interview

Minden, NV

Interview Details – Met project manager at university career fair and gave him my resume.
Interviewed for 30 minutes the next day.
Was told at that the next step would be an on-site interview.
Scheduled interview 2-weeks out, per request; G.E. paid for the flight.
Flew out the day before the interview, stayed in a hotel.
The day started at 8:00 AM with a tour and coffee.
Interviews started 8:30 AM and ended 12:30 PM with 3 interviewers.
    Typical interview: history discussion, fit/behavioral questions, then technical questions.
They took me to lunch for about an hour.
Day ended around 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM

G.E. says they will reimburse all expenses; the daily meal allowance is limited but high.

Interview Question – They will test you on any technology you put on your resume.
Be ready to prove you know everything you say you know.
  Answer Question

Sales Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unhappy at your last company and why   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary was too low

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GE in May 2010.

Interview Details – Be knowledgeable about your field, you will be interviewed by engineers.

Negotiation Details – There was no salary negotiation. You are paid based off of your hourly progression through school.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE interview questions and advice. All 601 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.