GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Sales Co-op Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

Lot's a behavioral questions, nothing hard. I spoke with three different people; HR interviewer and two managers. The conversations with the two managers were pretty laid back, and the HR woman asked more interviewer type questions.

If you have past internship experience, you will get paid more. $14/hour was with past intern experience.

Intern Interview

I had 4 round of interviews. First round was the written round where they ask people to write an exam on C++ and general maths. Second is the technical interview where they ask you again about c++ and image processing techniques. Last round is the HR round.

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Submitted online CV. Had to answer a 5 question-interview through HireVue. In the same phase had to solve an English test.
    Received a call after 2 months of wait. They did a small phone screen and gave me an invitation to the assessment center.
    After two weeks, they flew me to the assessment.

Leas Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in January 2015.

The process began with a screening phone interview just days after applying. I then went in for a panel interview with 3 people. Nobody showed up until 5 minutes after the scheduled start and it was only one person. Then about 10 minutes into the interview, a second interviewer arrived. Immediately, he started grilling me about my job experiences and made condescending comments and faces upon every response. It seemed that he had a superiority complex. It was the most unprofessional interview I've ever been a part of. For the record, the third interviewer never showed. Following the interview, I received a fairly low offer, but had such a bad taste in my mouth from the interview process that I immediately declined.

Interview Questions

Offer was low, interview was unprofessional

Product Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Campus selection-
    1st round- Aptitude (online)
    2nd round - HR interview (outside)
    3rd round - Manager interview (Onsite)
    Level of difficulty was modest and interest in the company tested. Questions were general behavioral questions on various situations. Cultural fit also tested

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE.

I was recited by an outside hiring firm, then quickly put in touch with a hiring recruiter from GE(Very pleasant to deal with). Set up the interview with another person. All over the phone until the actual interview. Actual interview took place on site. I met with my would be boss, a direct level coworker, a manager from a parallel department, and production manager. Everyone was friendly and informative. No involved questions, just discussion about the job and industry.

Interview Questions

It was a great opportunity, but required relocation and I could not get the blessing of my wife to move away from family.

ITLP Interview

Interview took roughly an hour and ask various behavorial questions focused on groupwork and the experience you have working in a group. They took typical group project questions and forces you answer the question from every possible angle as if to test whether you're fully experienced in participating in every role. I had trouble answering all the questions without going back to the same examples again and again.

Test Equipment Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

Very simple basic questions. Interviewed 1:1 with designers then manager for final interview. Toughest question was about an op amp circuit 1:1 amplifier. Other than that they just asked questions to try to see if I would actually like working and living in the area.

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

It is very formal. After submit my cv, HR contact me around one week later, asked some general questions focusing on my resume. Then arrange the next phone interview by the group manager. The time is very comfortable that they mostly asked what time is also fit to you. In the tech interview, the manager asked quite a lot of problems in detail, around one hour. The third one is HR, another one concerned about personality. The last one seems to be the leader of the program, from big pic to talk about myself and the understanding on the position.

Java Developer Interview

Programming questions which is to be completed in 2,3 hours. Programming questions are designed to understand the candidate's proficiency in java.Multiple choice questions are to be answered before going to interview level. Didn't face any questions about frameworks in initial round.