GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

Electrical Engineer Interview

Easy but just get prepared like any other job interview. Process may take up to 3 months sometimes. It all starts with phone call, then hiring mangers interview, offer letter then background check

H

ITLP Interview

On campus interview which consisted of standard behavioral interview questions, and discussing the program a bit at the end. Was interviewed by an alumnus, which was cool. 3 weeks later I had a 2nd round phone interview that was very brief, and was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick any piece of technology to work with/work on, what would that be?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

The interview was very well organized and proficient. I had a phone interview in which I had to describe how my previous work experience can contribute to the department I'm interested in. I need to know a little bit more info on the job description to compare it to my current experience. The HM was patient and gave me a thorough description of the job and I was able to give him a how I can contribute to the team. No tough questions related to the technical aspect of the job

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Submitted resume on-line. Within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a brief telephone screening interview. This was followed up with a face-to-face interview, where I met with the hiring manager and HR manager. I then participated in 2 additional phone interviews with people who would be peers. The interview process was cordial and professional, but everyone I met had meetings scheduled within 45 minutes of our meeting start time. In all cases they terminated the interview exactly at their planned meeting time, which left me feeling rushed to try to ask all of my questions. Only one interviewer offered to call me back immediately after his meeting to finish the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Two different interviewers asked me the same question: Describe a time where you had to make an unpopular decision and stand by it.   Answer Question

Aviation Contracts Negotiator Interview

Interview last 15 mins. My qualifications were good, but i think they knew what they had in mind. My guess is that they wanted someone with more experience negotiating and maybe some engineering expertise.

Commercial Manager Interview

Well planned, if not a little slow. Quality interviewers on-site with relevant questioning. Interviewers included the typical team members as well as HR and other complementary roles. More concern about how I could leverage my talents and experience rather than focusing on specifics to the job function at hand. I considered this a positive aspect that I had not seen as much before.

Interview Questions
    • In regards to how I would handle the technical side of the business where I had no previous experience.   Answer Question

Energy Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE.

interview was 25 minutes, extensively behavioral questions with time at the end to ask my own questions. I heard back from them within 2 days with an offer, there was no second round interview. The offer is good; they pay well and offer different locations for work

Eid Co-Op Interview

Campus interview after speaking to company at a career fair. Behavioral based interview, as most are these days. Comfortable 30 minute session with an engineer. Received an offer two weeks later. The interviewer was friendly and understood how to not intimidate the interviewee to ensure they get the best answers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most impressive aspect of you.   View Answer
    No negotiation, you either take the job or not after I received the offer. Received an offer 2 weeks after the interview.

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I was recruited through a campus career center and given the opportunity to interview. This was mostly behavioral and nothing completely unexpected. The interviewer was very friendly and made the process easy. Heard back about 3 weeks later and received an invite to corporate headquarters.

ITLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Got the Interview through on campus recruiting. The first interview was on campus and was mostly behavioral with a few questions about my technical experience. The second interview was a phone interview, basically ensuring you are the right fit for the position and making sure you know exactly what the internship entails.