GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE.

Went to career fair hosted by our university. They were very organized and directed students to the proper GE rep based on preference. Mine was for GE transportation. He looked over my resume, discussed some things on it, and then asked what time would be good for an interview the next day. Interview was about 30 mins, all behavioral questions, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the most difficult educational decision you have made so far.   Answer Question

QA Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

I interviewed with a single individual for this position. The interview consited of mostly talking about things I have done that were on my resume and going into more depth about them. I was told I would be contacted within two weeks for a second round interview, and the next day I was offered a summer internship. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you had to deal with in a professional environment   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Applied online. Contacted via e-mail by recruiter. Conducted initial phone screen with recruiter, followed a week later by hiring team phone interview. Participated in on-site interview about a month later. Told decision would be made within a few weeks. Never heard anything back from HR specialist or even a simple automated "no thanks." I certainly would not want to work for this company if this is how on-board employees are treated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

There was a 3 step process. First, the initial interview at the career fair. Next, there was face to face interview. Finally there was an onsite visit. The visit include breakfast, lunch and dinner.

EID Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

I went through a single typical HR interview. The beginning began with simple questions the interviewer had after observing my resume. Then, the interviewer read off of a pdf on a laptop, so the questions were quite standard. They were all behavioral questions, despite my background and position being technical.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you disagreed with someone about something, and how were things resolved?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Met a recruiter for the IT program at my University's business career fair. I suppose I bumped into the right guy because we had a great conversation and he filled me in for his one open interview slot for two days from then. He gave me prep info for the interview and told me it was behavioral. The interview was 2 on 1 and the 2 guys both were young and were alums of my school. First half of the conversation was them asking me behavioral questions and questions gauging my interest in IT and the second half was us just discussing things and them answering my questions. Felt very comfortable overall.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time that you had to innovate while you were in an organization?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE.

Met at job fair on college campus. Invited back the next day for short interview. Total interview time was 30 minutes. Most questions were logistical, not behavioral.

ITLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Found out about the program through a campus career fair, applied online and was interviewed two days later. Interview was very relaxed, mostly about the past work that I had done and my experiences when working in teams. As far as interview experience goes, this was a good experience even though I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when you had to work in a team and deal with a member that was an issue. Why were they an issue and how did you in particular deal with the problem?   Answer Question

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I applied through my university's career website. Questions were mainly behavioral. No technical questions.The interview was around 30 m and very friendly. The only advice I can give you be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you failed to meet a work objective?   Answer Question

Human Resources Inteern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

On campus interview: they hosted us for dinner and drinks the night before the interviews. They had planned to bring three interviewers, but two were pulled away last minute. So there was about ten of us jockeying for her time. If selected, second round interview in New York.