GE

Getting the Interview

606 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer/Contract Administrative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE in February 2014.

Interview Details – Total of 5 formal phone interiews with various people in the company. All not in the same location.

Interview Question – Give an example of something you failled at and what did you learn or how did you recover.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – extremly low salary and no relocation reimbursment

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Quick interview at job fair. Asked me to come in for a half hour interview. All situational questions. Got an offer a week later.

Interview Question – Most difficult decision you've had to make?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

ITLP Interview

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – One phone interview, and 1-1

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – I was hired through a head hunter to fill a critical role within GE. You will be interviewed by several sets of managers. First a phone screen with recruiters, next HR, then Regional Manager, finally General Manager.

Interview Question – Honestly, they are all the same no matter what fortune level company you go to. If you can't answer a question about what you have done in your career then you might want to stay where you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wanted me pretty bad and I told them what I expected. They met my expectations.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by HR. They put me in touch with the hiring manager by phone for an interview. I was asked to come on site for a day long interview where I had multiple groups interview me and some one-on-one interviews. No technical questions were asked, just experience questions.

Interview Question – What was something you originally thought you were very confident was correct and you had to change your mind about.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Several in person interviews

Interview Question – What kind of tree would you be   Answer Question

Country Risk Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Telephonic informational interview. No tough questions, just walking through the resume

ITLP - Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with previous ITLPs. We discussed things like my technology experience, why I was drawn to the job, etc. It was not a "tricky" interview -- very much just a conversation.

Interview Question – "When have you used technology to make something more efficient?" That's one of the main goals of ITLP but it was kind of a curveball for me.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Midland, TX

The process took 4 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Hiring process was done mostly over the phone initially since I was living in Dallas and interviewing for the position in west Texas. I had to apply online. From initial contact to hire date was over 4 months. I had to fill out the same online application 3 separate times which was frustrating.

Negotiation Details – I was offered the standard hourly rate and informed about how bonuses and raises were earned.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview when I was a freshmen. I was threw off when the recruiter first asked me if I had any questions for her. As she was taking notes, I was thinking about any question that I could ask her. Eventually, the whole interview process was all about me asking her questions. Towards the end, I asked her if she had any question for me. She, then, asked me to introduce myself. It was not a pleasant interview experience.

Interview Question – Nearly no questions from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE interview questions and advice. All 606 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.