GE

Average Difficulty
758 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Management Program (Shanghai) Interview

Financial Management Program (Shanghai)

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – Applied through college with resume, cover letter and an interviewstream video required by the college. Also did the online application. Should have 4-5 rounds of interviews with HR, Finance Managers and CFO. I got phone interview in June 2014, but failed...

Interview Question – Nothing really hard. General questions.
Tell me about the public presentation that you made most successfully.
  Answer Question

Project Manager - IT Security Interview

Project Manager - IT Security

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Very long and drawn out with a series of phone interviews and a final day of interviewing with multiple managers. The whole process took about a month and was very repetitive and mundane, which contributed to my lack of excitement towards the job at the end. The phone interviews, with different people, often asked me the exact same behavioral and situation-based questions so it was clear the interviewers were not communicating together. Some of the questions were challenging if you had limited experience with an exact or similar situation, but they were generally easy to walk through and they are just looking for your analytical and social thought process. Ultimately, I did not feel the values and personality traits of the team I interviewed with aligned well, as they are looking for a specific mold and expect you to emulate that, however I have a feeling this varies by the specific team and/or manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you were consulting on a project and you had to tell the client/customer that their intended direction was not correct or effective and how you convinced them to go with your desired solution/ideas instead.   Answer Question

HRLP Interview

HRLP

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – on campus interview, on site interview with 3 rounds, everyone was very nice and no one tried to intimidate you through the process. Offer was made about 2 weeks after on site interview. This could depend based on business

Interview Question – questions were very straight forward   Answer Question

ITLP Interview

ITLP

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through university career site and was selected for on-campus interview. Followed up by a phone conversation with ITLP manager, who offered me a position after the interview. This was for an intern position. For my full-time position, whether or not I received an offer was based on my performance as an intern. I received an offer about one week after my internship was over.

Interview Question – Talk about a time where you faced a challenge with someone and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Edison Engineer Interview

Edison Engineer
Erie, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – Most interviewees are selected from an internal pool of Early Identification (EID) candidates; these are mostly interns and co-op students. The interview process consisted of four 30-45 minute interviews with senior engineering technical leaders/managers.

Interview Question – How my time with the company thus far (during internship) had an impact on the company and why should they hire me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation opportunity. If I accepted within the first 2 weeks, I got $1000 additional signing bonus.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Interview Details – Nice and pleasent meeting and review with several individuals from different departments.
There were no unexpected questions, but then again it means that i was very well prepared for the interview. I knew exactly what to ask.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Three month

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Pasadena, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was initiated through a recruiting company that I applied to online. The interview was approximately an hour long with two project engineers. It began with basic work history and experience questions. Then I was asked technical questions about thermodynamics which was unexpected and I had a difficult answering them in detail.

Interview Question – Explain the three thermodynamic cycles in detail.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Architect

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – 4 interviews remotely on a row. Interview is easy. But the senior manager told you " I can hire you , and I can fire you too" He mean it. The first year, almost 20 people got fired or quit

Very Easy Interview

Lead Design Engineer Interview

Lead Design Engineer
Billerica, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview processes were very formal. You feel like you are the part on the moving conveyor belt. The place looks like gigantic ant house - people look like mechanism parts, not individuals.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

FMP Intern Interview

FMP Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through School recruiting website. Went in for an Initial on campus interview with one of the CFOs. After about 2 weeks I was referred to GE healthcare for a phone interview. I heard back saying that I had not been selected about a month after the phone interview. Mostly behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge that you faced while at school?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you analyzed data in order to make a decision?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are building, curing, moving, and power the world. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With several businesses and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE interview questions and advice. All 758 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.