GE

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

GE OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

On campus interview that was one on one followed by a second interview and onsite visit in the Supply Chain Headquarters in Milwaukee with a dinner with current OMLP employees.

Design Engineer Interview

Process was smooth and less time taking. Recruiter, HR, hiring panel everyone is pretty much helping hands. Starts with phone screen then telephonic technical round and then onsite rounds through out the day. Technical, behavioral rounds are good.

Interview Questions
    • how you keep yourself up to date and what you know most recent news of technology ?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I applied through university recruiting. I spoke with them at a career fair and got a phone called late that night requesting an interview. The interview was very comfortable and laid back. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing surprising or majorly difficult. What they look for primarily is enthusiasm and passion for the job at hand. They want to see why you really want it and what your motivators are. They are genuinely interested and want you to demonstrate your work ethic and desire to grow. At the end they told me regardless of what happens to stay passionate about what I want and what I'm qualified for. This was my first interview of my college career, so to say the least I could have done better. My lack of interest in sales at the time was evident and the advice that they gave me post interview was beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced and adversity   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE.

Went to career fair hosted by our university. They were very organized and directed students to the proper GE rep based on preference. Mine was for GE transportation. He looked over my resume, discussed some things on it, and then asked what time would be good for an interview the next day. Interview was about 30 mins, all behavioral questions, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the most difficult educational decision you have made so far.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I got a call after visiting a job fair. After two technical interviews i was asked to travel onsite to for interview. I had 5 rounds of technical interview after which i was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • All the technical interviews i was asked some easy to difficult questions. It mostly covered data structures and algorithms. My resume was read line by line and was asked to elaborate on projects.   Answer Question

QA Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

I interviewed with a single individual for this position. The interview consited of mostly talking about things I have done that were on my resume and going into more depth about them. I was told I would be contacted within two weeks for a second round interview, and the next day I was offered a summer internship. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you had to deal with in a professional environment   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Applied online. Contacted via e-mail by recruiter. Conducted initial phone screen with recruiter, followed a week later by hiring team phone interview. Participated in on-site interview about a month later. Told decision would be made within a few weeks. Never heard anything back from HR specialist or even a simple automated "no thanks." I certainly would not want to work for this company if this is how on-board employees are treated.

ITLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

There was a 3 step process. First, the initial interview at the career fair. Next, there was face to face interview. Finally there was an onsite visit. The visit include breakfast, lunch and dinner.

EID Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

I went through a single typical HR interview. The beginning began with simple questions the interviewer had after observing my resume. Then, the interviewer read off of a pdf on a laptop, so the questions were quite standard. They were all behavioral questions, despite my background and position being technical.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you disagreed with someone about something, and how were things resolved?   Answer Question

ITLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Met a recruiter for the IT program at my University's business career fair. I suppose I bumped into the right guy because we had a great conversation and he filled me in for his one open interview slot for two days from then. He gave me prep info for the interview and told me it was behavioral. The interview was 2 on 1 and the 2 guys both were young and were alums of my school. First half of the conversation was them asking me behavioral questions and questions gauging my interest in IT and the second half was us just discussing things and them answering my questions. Felt very comfortable overall.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time that you had to innovate while you were in an organization?   View Answer