GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Commercial Manager Interview

Well planned, if not a little slow. Quality interviewers on-site with relevant questioning. Interviewers included the typical team members as well as HR and other complementary roles. More concern about how I could leverage my talents and experience rather than focusing on specifics to the job function at hand. I considered this a positive aspect that I had not seen as much before.

Interview Questions
    • In regards to how I would handle the technical side of the business where I had no previous experience.   Answer Question

Energy Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE.

interview was 25 minutes, extensively behavioral questions with time at the end to ask my own questions. I heard back from them within 2 days with an offer, there was no second round interview. The offer is good; they pay well and offer different locations for work

Eid Co-Op Interview

Campus interview after speaking to company at a career fair. Behavioral based interview, as most are these days. Comfortable 30 minute session with an engineer. Received an offer two weeks later. The interviewer was friendly and understood how to not intimidate the interviewee to ensure they get the best answers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most impressive aspect of you.   View Answer
    No negotiation, you either take the job or not after I received the offer. Received an offer 2 weeks after the interview.

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I was recruited through a campus career center and given the opportunity to interview. This was mostly behavioral and nothing completely unexpected. The interviewer was very friendly and made the process easy. Heard back about 3 weeks later and received an invite to corporate headquarters.

ITLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Got the Interview through on campus recruiting. The first interview was on campus and was mostly behavioral with a few questions about my technical experience. The second interview was a phone interview, basically ensuring you are the right fit for the position and making sure you know exactly what the internship entails.

Retirement Analyst Interview

Recruited from Human Resources immediately upon submission, emailed on a weekend regarding the interview for Monday 15-30 mins long, interview process was very straight forward and asked questions about background and why interested in position

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Campus Interview was set up through campus online resource. Was held in campus interview center. Basic human resource behavioral questions. Be sure to know, elaborate and answer anything on your resume. Was a relaxed, easy interview. Knowing more of the position details and company values are a positive additive. Unfortunately, still waiting for a decision after two weeks.

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE.

There were 3 rounds--they all generally asked about your background, why you're interested, etc. I think management is really trying to check if he candidate is interested in finance instead of just the leadership aspect of the program.

ITLP Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Two phone interviews with very nice representatives from GE ITLP. The first was from the general recruiter from ITLP while the second was the head ITLP from GE transport. And he was the one who made the offer over the phone. Second interview was about 2 weeks after the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions about being a good teammate   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE.

Note I am an Electrical Engineer, Campus Career fair led to a next day interview led to same day offer, standard behavioral questions, situation where x occurred and how did you handle it. Recommend to have resume with bold section headings and gpa, seemed like experience preference hierarchy went (previous internship, leadership, scholarships/awards, technical) every engineering student has the same technical experience per major unless you learned coding or something outside which I didn't. I founded a club sport and that gave me a significant lead in terms of leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Zero technical questions, be prepared to describe leadership, poor partners etc..   View Answer
    Received email of offer, told to pick up information at on campus location, Junior-> Senior year interns receive most money (22.50 per hr), others decline by about a dollar a year