GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

Intern Interview

Met them at the career fair. They were very welcoming. Just one round of interviews, and just behavioral questions were asked. Were open and honest about the company as well as what I would be doing while working there. They are also very accommodating for majors, and are mostly looking for determined, intelligent individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you disappointed yourself or a group   Answer Question

Welder Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GE.

You have to go through a group interview and then one on one interview. All correspondence is done by email so make sure you provide accurate information. Once you're one on one interview is complete you have to meet with HR to discuss personal information etc.

Property Tax Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GE.

Know the Mission of the company and also the job description to a T. The process wasn't that difficult, it was over the phone and the HR is the person asking the questions to see if you fit in and they are decide if you get a sit-down interview.

Information Technology(Summer) Interview

Applied online at the University career site (resume submit) and was given an on campus interview offer. Interview was very behavioral and very relaxed. There was an HR and a technical representative present, but no technical questions were asked (mainly about technical experience, not testing on technical knowledge). Overall it was a very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you had an issue while working in a group and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Union Relations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at GE.

Initially contacted by company recruiter, who then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next step was an onsite all day interview at the corporate headquarters with multiple HR people. After successfully passing that portion of the interview I had another onsite all day interview at the plant location, where the actual opening was. This interview was with HR, the plant manager, operations managers and I met with the union officials. Both all day interviews were very casual and laid back. I was asked specific questions but there didn't seem to be a real format.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were either about my past history or conversational about who I am in general.   Answer Question
    I negotiated an additional 10% on the salary, but in hindsight should have also negotiated additional time off.

N A Interview

Long Hiring Process, took multiple phone call, 4 interviews, ranging for a total of 14 hours. There were many cancellations and rescheduling. There was very little negotiations after the initial offer. HR seemed to be understaffed and couldn't find time to followup.

IMLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

I submit the on line application and the following week received the email saying that they are invite me to the on-site interview. The first round is group discussion and then it is a personal on-site interview right after. It took weeks before receiving the final offer letter.

Risk Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GE in September 2014.

College career fair, the questions were behavior questions. The position was located in Chicago. The interviewer was a laid back guy, we talked about sports. Overall the interview was amazing. I'm pretty sure I got the job. Best of luck to future candidates. No pressure. brjhkrkrjkjhthjgjhgkjghjh f fjhkh fhfjhkfh fjhkfhjkjhfhjf f fhjkhjfjhf fhfjkjfh ffhjkfhjfk fjffhjf

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GE in September 2014.

It was a Friendly Low Key interview. The dress was business casual i wore a button up blouse and a grey pencil skirt and heels, there were two young 20-30 year olds, one engineer and one HR rep, they were looking for internships and co-op positions, this was a very competitive process. Looking for sophomore, and Juniors in college. Mainly Juniors.

Interview Questions
    • In your past work experience how did you deal with a conflict between you and another coworker?   View Answer

Technical Appliance Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in September 2014.

I first started by talking to my university counselors about how I could get an interview with GE. They said the best possibility would be talking to them at the career fair. At the career fair, I talked to a representative of the GE Appliance Technical group. We talked for several minutes about the different opportunities at GE. Afterwards, I give her my resume, and I waited for them to pick out people they wanted to interview. They planned to do technical interviews the following week. But, when time came around, I wasn't on their list. I decided to talk to my counselors and see how I could still get an interview. The day before the interviews my counselor had scheduled me into the last position left. I interviewed the next day. The following day I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was prepared for most of the questions. The questions are not too challenging, but they are useful in showing how I would interact and overcome a problem. Ex: "Describe a time when you had to overcome a technical obstacle"   View Answer
    As I co-op, I just wanted to absorb as much as I can. There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!