GE Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.9

Financial Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

I had a first round interview on campus, from there I was invited to a second round interview at their Power and Water headquarters in Atlanta where they flew me down. Received an offer within an hour of my flight landing.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you failed to reach a goal you or a manager set?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE.

I applied firstly online and received a phone call from a HR asking for a in-person interview. They talked about what is this position about and why they called me. Then they ask me some behavioral questions for like half an hour and they led me to a hiring manager's office who asked me some technical questions for another half hour.

Interview Questions
    • half behavioral questions and half technical questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Process took about a month. Applied through university website, had an interview about a month later and heard back within two days. Interview was very short and was only asked three quesitons. The interviewer did not seem very interested but that may have been because I was one of the last to interview for the position.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

I applied through the university's website. I was scheduled to come in for a 30 minute interview a week later. Asked very basic interview questions. Do your research on GE. I am still waiting to hear back.

ITLP Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I talked to a recruiter at an on campus event. The next week I received an email requesting a video/phone interview. After that I received a call from the head of the ITLP program I was applying for with a verbal offer. I then received the written offer and had about a week and a half to make my decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a team member who wasnt carrying their weight; Tell me about a time you had to innovate   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

I applied to GE through my university's career website and accordingly offered an on-campus interview. The interview was a hour long one on one interview. They asked me about my resume and some of the projects that i had worked on. Also, asked me a few questions regarding projects involving groups and how I handled conflicts

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my resume and some of the projects that i had worked on. Also, asked me a few questions regarding projects involving groups and how I handled conflicts   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

I spoke with recruiters at a career fair. After speaking with the recruiters I was offered an interview later that day. I interviewed with a current employee. The interview was pretty basic. A short while later that day I was called and given an offer. After accepting, I was able to choose the location that I wanted to work at based off of all of the GE Transportation sites. Housing was provided and secured by HR.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Met at a job fair and got an interview. All the questions were behavioral and hard to answer. Some of my answers overlapped and they didn't like that.

Commercial Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in February 2015.

Submit resume and cover letter through online application portal. Received an email to set up a 15-minute phone interview. Contacted two weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. The face-to-face interview consist of 3 separate interviews with a Direct Sales Manager, a Contract Sales Manager and a Human Resource Manager and a lunch with current participants of the CTP program. Each of the interviews lasted around 45 minutes. Will be contacted within a week or two of their final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral type questions where they wanted you to answer using the STAR method. Ex: Tell us about a time you had to work with a difficult person and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

I received an interview through the Co-Op office at my school. Our correspondence was all through email. An HR representative came to my school for the interview. At the interview, I was made aware of the position in which I was interviewing for. The details of the job were explained to me and I had opportunities to ask any questions that I might have.

Interview Questions
    • One unexpected question was "How would you as a young engineer deal with possibly being in a higher position than other employees who were older and more experienced than you?"   Answer Question