GE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015
1,087 Interview Reviews

2.9

Master Black Belt Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Very direct, full day of interviews. Several people from the leadership team participated. Since the leadership team participated in the interview the decision was made quickly. Be prepared to talk about what you did and how you were able to add value in your old jobs. Accountability is a good thing, but should also able to show depth of knowledge in specific functional area.

Finance Controller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Two rounds. First to make the cut and the second to go through 6 meetings that included human resources, senior managers, hiring manager, technical controllers and peers. Many of the questions were grouped into cultural fit, technical questions or past experience.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were grouped into cultural fit, technical questions or past experience.   Answer Question

AP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I've only had a phone interview so far. Questions were pretty standard and straight forward. They wanted to know about my experience related to the job. If I was okay with the amount of travel required and what kind of compensation I am looking for. They also wanted to know why I was interested in GE and why I wanted to leave my current position. The recruiter gave me next steps immediately and encouraged me to keep in touch. The interview went well and I have an in-person interview soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you faced recently and how you solved it. Did you implement any process improvements as a result of solving this problem?   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

First round was a 2-on-1 campus interview. Second round was a fly-out to the headquarters of the division you selected on your application. Both rounds of interviews were straightforward and predominantly behavioral with fit being the emphasis.

Technical Writing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and straight forward. My entire interview process was over the phone. The first interview was very conversational and questions were personality based. The second interview asked questions about my experiences and future interests with the company. The questions were mostly based on my technical writing experience. The usual personality questions were asked as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about my technical writing experience.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

interview was short and quick. Was interviewed by main manager and went through couple of basic questions. Not too difficult or anything intimidating, overall easy and unexpected to get the job

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a group of five people via an online conference. It lasted one hour. There are a few questions plus a job presentation. No feedback after a month.

Customer Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call(s) with recruiter and hiring manager that led to on-site interview approx. two weeks later. Interview lasted approx. 4 hours. Met with multiple team members throughout day of varying responsibility. Felt a bit hurried as I was shuffled from one appointment/"discussion" to the next. Didn't get a full tour of the facility which seemed unusual.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to name one trait my spouse/sig other/close friend would say is my greatest weakness, or something I need to work on. Asked a series of behavioral type questions from HR rep that reflected a lack of understanding of my past experiences and successes. Interview with would-be peers was awkward to say the least. They seemed unaware of the hiring manager's (their boss) desire to infuse leadership into the organization and hit me with many technical questions that were not relevant. Appreciated GE's willingness to offer feedback on my interview after informing me I wasn't selected for position. However, upon hearing the feedback I couldn't have disagreed with the feedback more...   Answer Question

EHSLP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

online application, wait for one month, phone interview , then interview with the head of department in Beijing, last one was interview with program manager and HR manager for the department.

Interview Questions

• Basically anything on your resume can be asked.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

They do an interview with you . It is a one on one interview , so there is no one there besides you and the hiring rep . It is a situational based interview so not your typical questions . If they are impressed with you ,youu are sent an offer and the process continues from there .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to dealwith a difficult situation .   Answer Question