GE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015
1,053 Interview Reviews

2.9

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

First round was a 2-on-1 campus interview. Second round was a fly-out to the headquarters of the division you selected on your application. Both rounds of interviews were straightforward and predominantly behavioral with fit being the emphasis.

Technical Writing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and straight forward. My entire interview process was over the phone. The first interview was very conversational and questions were personality based. The second interview asked questions about my experiences and future interests with the company. The questions were mostly based on my technical writing experience. The usual personality questions were asked as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about my technical writing experience.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

interview was short and quick. Was interviewed by main manager and went through couple of basic questions. Not too difficult or anything intimidating, overall easy and unexpected to get the job

EHSLP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Interview

online application, wait for one month, phone interview , then interview with the head of department in Beijing, last one was interview with program manager and HR manager for the department.

Interview Questions

• Basically anything on your resume can be asked.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

Interview

They do an interview with you . It is a one on one interview , so there is no one there besides you and the hiring rep . It is a situational based interview so not your typical questions . If they are impressed with you ,youu are sent an offer and the process continues from there .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to dealwith a difficult situation .   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arecibo, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE (Arecibo, PR).

Interview

The interview proces in General Electric is a good process the company bring the equal oportunity of employ and give the oportunity to the employ growing in the company. Make a someone question abot your progress in the companny and whay do you think or espect aboy this position. In general is a good process of interview with a diferent steps.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work do you realice in the plant and what is your expectation about the new oportunity.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE (Columbus, OH).

Interview

only asked a few questions. I asked him questions and the answers were short and sweet. interview was really short. person didn't seem interested in being there at all and was rushed. I was very disappointed, I expected more from a company like GE. Oh well. I didn't get the second interview unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? Tell me about a time where you lead a team to success What is your favorite animal? Describe a hard situation that you had to deal with and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Extremely slow recruitment process. 4 weeks after applying online recruiter contacted and asked about techical skills. Another 3 week wait for 45 minute phone screen. No response after that. Very difficult - all technical questions. Questions about c++ which didnt make sense in a .net interview. The interviewer seemed to read from their long list..very little time to think.

Interview Questions

• All sorts of techical questions - C#.net, data structures, sql/normalization, SOAP..etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in June 2015.

Interview

The experience was good ... except for the wait to learn a final decision!! About a week and a half after I submitted my application through GE Careers, I was contacted by a recruiter for a 25 minute phone screen. About a week and a half after that I had a 25-30 minute phone interview with a manager on the team. Another week and a half later I had three 30-45 minute HireVue interviews with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. It has been almost 2.5 weeks since those final interviews. The recruiter told me they will have a final decision by tomorrow at the latest. (but they've blown past self-imposed deadlines before). Hoping for good news!!

Interview Questions

• They wanted to make sure I had experience working with global teams, and being managed remotely by a supervisor who worked in a different city   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE (India, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

total 4 rounds, first Written (objective) test in which half part aptitude questions (moderate), second half technical (C,java,ds,cn) basics questions as storage classes or string operations in C. second round technical simple java programs string operations reverse, number, palindromes. 3rd round Manager and 4th HR simple process.