GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Union Relations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at GE.

Initially contacted by company recruiter, who then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next step was an onsite all day interview at the corporate headquarters with multiple HR people. After successfully passing that portion of the interview I had another onsite all day interview at the plant location, where the actual opening was. This interview was with HR, the plant manager, operations managers and I met with the union officials. Both all day interviews were very casual and laid back. I was asked specific questions but there didn't seem to be a real format.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were either about my past history or conversational about who I am in general.   Answer Question
    I negotiated an additional 10% on the salary, but in hindsight should have also negotiated additional time off.

IMLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

I submit the on line application and the following week received the email saying that they are invite me to the on-site interview. The first round is group discussion and then it is a personal on-site interview right after. It took weeks before receiving the final offer letter.

Risk Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GE in September 2014.

College career fair, the questions were behavior questions. The position was located in Chicago. The interviewer was a laid back guy, we talked about sports. Overall the interview was amazing. I'm pretty sure I got the job. Best of luck to future candidates. No pressure. brjhkrkrjkjhthjgjhgkjghjh f fjhkh fhfjhkfh fjhkfhjkjhfhjf f fhjkhjfjhf fhfjkjfh ffhjkfhjfk fjffhjf

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2014.

I applied online via the GE careers website and I was contact within a week of applying by a recruiter. The first interview was an informal phone screen done by the recruiter and it lasted for 30mins.

After that, the next week she scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager and we talked and went technical. The things we discussed were what I used to work on in school, what I do for the open source community and how I approach learning a new technology. We even went to talk about how I would go about creating a web application for keeping track of employment hours using the spring framework. He wanted to find out how I think even and that was the concluding statements that he gave me.

Shortly after the second phone interview they scheduled an onsite interview for me the following week. They organize the flight, hotel and travel arrangements for me as well. The interview was good, there were a lot of technical interviews and I meet with 4 different developers. Overall it was a good experience, I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    • What happens if your Serializable class contains a member which is not serializable? How do you fix it?   View Answer
    Negotiable with salary. Everything else was set in stone

Commercial Leadership Program Interview

The interview took place at a GE facility with interviews from current participants, HR, and the program manager. Each interviewer had various behavioral interview questions. The evening before the interview there was a social function with current program members and the program manager.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all based on the top 20 behavioral questions. So nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Overall smooth process including screening, technical and face to face rounds. Don't take too long and keeps you updated online too. Recruiting staff was helpful. Technical interview mainly drilling you down on your engineering expertise and troubleshooting skills. Good interviewers and helps to understand required skills for the particular position.

Sourcing Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ months - interviewed at GE.

1 phone interview and 3 face face interviews back to back. Fairly straightforward questions. Very nice smart people. Had one hr phone interview after the hiring manager interview. Was intimidating office as it is very large building.

Interview Questions
    Got 10 percent more by just asking.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in July 2014.

For this program they mostly hire only interns anymore. They interview us during the summer before school starts of our last year. It usually changes up every year but this year, we had a 5 minute presentation on a project we have done. Then had two half hour interviews one for HR and a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked interested technical questions about projects that I have done in the past   View Answer

General Interview Interview

Phone call screen with one employee, met a few of the employees at an external hiring conference, brought in for GE hiring conference with about 20 other people, they didn't really ask many questions, mostly conversation and what I wanted to talk about, not a difficult interview

Engineer/Technologist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in October 2010.

JobFair to Telephonic to Onsite and done deal. It was nice that they paid for everything for flight from houston tx to albany ny and stay in hamptons inn . great company to work for who spend so much even before the offer

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!