GE HR Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a scheduled call (instead of the in-person) and the person on the phone just said "perfect" after each answer. No attempt to engage in conversation or dialogue. It sounded like a very green student with a headset.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very static and didn't dig in to anything about me. It was more compusary asking things that were clearly listed in my resume and I'd already done in the application process and previous calls. Nothing about my actual skills. Complete waste of time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Danbury, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was great, the recruiter was persistent, then we interviewed and I had to keep following up for weeks before they told me the position was cancelled. Would have appreciated responses since I was told I would be brought in for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with Regional Director of Human Resources for about 1 hour. Next took some aptitude tests,told me if I was one of 3 finalist would be called back. Within a week was called back and went to NY to meet with 3 other HR Managers, each asked different questions and posed scenarios. Spent approximately 3 hours there. Told me if I was one of finalist would call me within a week. Got a call back, went to Detroit to meet with Corporate head of Human Resources and the General Manager I would be working for, went over benefits, and specific job training. Was offered position in writing, pending reference checks. Called back in 3 days and told when to report. Sent back offer letter and started to work on day requested.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself In five years? Why should G.E. hire me   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not any negotiations, they made a corporate offer and I accepted

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in August 2008.

Interview

There were 8 interviews with various interviewers, most of which asked very similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your business. The financials, the key competitors, etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They come forward with what is typically their best offer. They don't expect to negotiate

Interview

Phone screening from Talent Recruitment team, then an invitation to attend an in-person interview with a manager in the same location, as well as a telepresence interview with a manager in another location (held one after another on the same day). First interview was quite comprehensive, but the second interview was completely informal. Received an offer the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary to compensate for not receiving a pension but it wasn't to the amount that I requested.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in June 2011.

Interview

A very smooth process, starting from the initial phone interview to on-site interviews. There were 6 interviews total, which I felt was a reasonable number. I was kept in touch with throughout the process. The hiring manager and staffing team were also extremely helpful and responsive with answering all my questions. Overall, a great experience.

Functional Human Resources Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the three key decision makers for this role. One in-person and two via phone. I was then offered the role and aceepted.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe how I would manage expectations across multiple stakeholders in matrix environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Successfully negotiated on location.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE in April 2010.

Interview

Good process - very quick to make decisions.

Not the right role.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in May 2007.

Interview

Actually interviewed for one position and was not selected. Manager asked if he could keep me in mind for future openings, and called me three months later after another person got promoted to corporate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a salary range, and try to stay in bottom third. Annual review (and raises) are actually every 14 months, and are non-negotiable