GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

OMLP Interview

Interview process is somewhat difficult. You first go through a phone screening that is very general (review of resume, some behavioral questions). If you make it past this step the second step you come in for a day long visit with a group of others. The day consists of 4-5 interviews (mostly behavioral with one technical interview), a presentation that you must put together and give, and finally a team activity where you are observed to see how you interact in a team.

Interview Questions
    Salary is not really negotiable

Intern Interview

I got a phone interview, the interviewer asked me about the H1B sponsorship, told me that they don't provide H1B support. Then the interview ended. What a pity.

OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE.

First round on campus interview. A few phone interviews 20-30 min each with different HR hiring managers across different businesses. On site interview with about 3 or 4 back to back panel interviews with manufacturing managers. Questions are typical behavior based. Employer paid for flight, hotel, rental car and meals for on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you disagreed with a team member? What was the situation and what did you do?   View Answer
    Base salary non-negotiable. Sign on bonus possible.

Hardware Engineer Interview

half an hour interview for intern

Water Treatment Intern Interview

Pretty standard, saw the ad on the school career website and applied. Couple of weeks later got the invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager and the engineer. They asked behavioural questions and technical ones. None of them were really too challenging.

I'm not sure if I got an offer or not as I accepted another job offer shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do all the terms in bernoulli's incompressible flow equation mean? How does pressure loss occur?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

What quailties can you bring to GE?

EID Interview

Phone interview after contacting person through campus recruiting network. Offer given next day. Typical STAR interview questions, not too bad. Just went over resume submitted by email earlier. Didn't hear anything for quite awhile after that until background check started spring semester. Intern program isn't as organized as I would've thought, no formal orientation for the Houston interns and it wasn't until much later in the summer that I met interns working in other buildings around the city.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

On campus recruiter called me for an interview and about 2 weeks later I received a call asking me to come on-site for a half-day of interviews. Had dinner at a bar the night before and met a bunch of employees there which was really nice because you got to meet some of the people who were going to interview you the next day. Plant was awesome

Interview Questions
    • How would you make this turbine blade.   View Answer

GE Energy Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

Sent an impersonal follow up message to notify of qualifying for second round

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when something unexpected happened and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

4 interviews in one day. Behavioral Questions. STAR Method.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest change in life you faced? & how you handled it?   Answer Question