GE

777 candidate interviews

Commercial Leadership Program Interview

Commercial Leadership Program

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – The interview took place at a GE facility with interviews from current participants, HR, and the program manager. Each interviewer had various behavioral interview questions. The evening before the interview there was a social function with current program members and the program manager.

Interview Question – The interview questions were all based on the top 20 behavioral questions. So nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – This is a campus interview and has 2 rounds.

1) Questions on Core Java, based on the answers given the questions increase.

2) Again Java and Servlet technology and few questions on Database and java-script.

Interview Question – All questions are more or less expected.   Answer Question

General Interview Interview

General Interview

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – Phone call screen with one employee, met a few of the employees at an external hiring conference, brought in for GE hiring conference with about 20 other people, they didn't really ask many questions, mostly conversation and what I wanted to talk about, not a difficult interview

Interview Question – What charities are you involved in   Answer Question

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Edison Engineering Development Program
Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in July 2014.

Interview Details – For this program they mostly hire only interns anymore. They interview us during the summer before school starts of our last year. It usually changes up every year but this year, we had a 5 minute presentation on a project we have done. Then had two half hour interviews one for HR and a technical interview.

Interview Question – Asked interested technical questions about projects that I have done in the past   View Answer

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Engineer/Technologist

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in October 2010.

Interview Details – JobFair to Telephonic to Onsite and done deal. It was nice that they paid for everything for flight from houston tx to albany ny and stay in hamptons inn . great company to work for who spend so much even before the offer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Tiruchchirāppalli (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in August 2014.

Interview Details – We had two rounds of interview 1st Technical and 2nd HR. Technical interview was very very easy some of the questions which i remember is
1. Your M.Tech project??
2.Modes of heat conduction??
3. on what factors does heat transfer coefficient h depends?
4. A copper rod with resistance R and current I is in staeady state write a governing equation.

Collections Officier Interview

Collections Officier
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GE in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position of collections officer online from Seek and was contacted the next day via phone call where I under went a phone interview where I was asked basic questions:

.Why do you think you would be good at this job
.what are you doing at the moment for work
.what do I think the position involves
. have I had to meet KPI's before
ETC

I was than told that he would pass my information to the HR manager and if I was successful I would be contacted for a face to face interview, I was contacted next day with date and time for interview which was only 4 days apart from phone interview, I was also send a candidate form that I needed to fill out and send back via email (was just basic questions, Name, Address, Phone number etc)

The man who told me also told me I should look on the website and look at GE capital for the interview, so I went and printed of 7 pages of information and tired getting my head all around it for the interview and I wasn't asked once about GE capital, but hey at least I was prepared incase lol !!!

The interview was held at the head quarters. Two men interviewed me and the setting of the interview room was very casual and relaxed which helped me relax heaps.

To start the interview they asked me to tell them a little about myself with what I had been doing with previous jobs.

Than they asked me what I think the job involves than went on to giving me some details on what the job will require.

They than started the behavioural questions (only 5 of them) questions more or less consisted of asking when I have dealt with a un happy client, give an example of when I used time management to do tasks, what was something that I suggested to management that helped make something easier in workplace ETC all very easy to answer really.

Than before I knew it, it was over only took 20 mins.

Than they said I would hear back by the next week if I am successful !!

I only went yesterday so my fingers are crossed !!!

Good Luck Everyone !

Interview Question – no question was really difficult just make sure you have some clear examples in your mind for the behavioural questions :)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered 3 weeks PTO, got it up to 4 weeks

Operations Entry Level Interview

Operations Entry Level

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Had two 2 on 1 interviews, and then had a interview with the operations manager. The interview itself is not that difficult but I believe that the people and atmosphere for the company depends greatly on what country you are applying for. Because if you apply thinking of it as an American company you might be disappointed. Overall the interview questions were easy, but took quite a lot of time.

Interview Question – nothing really. You just need to know what jobs you are applying for   Answer Question

Product Lead Interview

Product Lead
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through College placement cell. They called to check my interest and I gave an aptitude test and had couple of interviews. One was in hotel and another was in Office. Interview process was smooth and casual.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!