GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

N A Interview

Long Hiring Process, took multiple phone call, 4 interviews, ranging for a total of 14 hours. There were many cancellations and rescheduling. There was very little negotiations after the initial offer. HR seemed to be understaffed and couldn't find time to followup.

Collections Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GE in March 2010.

Very easy laid back. Not too many questions. They just wanna fill the spaces with experience. Smile and tell them your work experience and all will be good. Stay positive and turn your negative answers into a learning experience response.

Interview Questions
    Zilch. Give you what they want!

IMLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

I submit the on line application and the following week received the email saying that they are invite me to the on-site interview. The first round is group discussion and then it is a personal on-site interview right after. It took weeks before receiving the final offer letter.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GE in April 2013.

I had one interview on site, one on skype and one follow up interview. I wish every company could be like GE. Professional all the way, with specific questions that avoided wasting everybodys time. Although the process was a bit long it covered everybodys needs and questions. I never had such perfect conditions to work in a company like this and unfortunnatelly I don't think I ever will.

Interview Questions

It was in Oslo and due to personal issues with the death of a closed relative I had to decline.

Risk Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GE in September 2014.

College career fair, the questions were behavior questions. The position was located in Chicago. The interviewer was a laid back guy, we talked about sports. Overall the interview was amazing. I'm pretty sure I got the job. Best of luck to future candidates. No pressure. brjhkrkrjkjhthjgjhgkjghjh f fjhkh fhfjhkfh fjhkfhjkjhfhjf f fhjkhjfjhf fhfjkjfh ffhjkfhjfk fjffhjf

Apprentice Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at GE in May 2013.

I went through a long and arduous interview that consisted of many paper tests, only to wait 10 weeks instead of the promised 4 weeks for a reply to get refused, asking the other candidates it did not matter that I had more Experience or qualifications, it means more if you're dad works there

Interview Questions
    • What can you add to this company: keeping in mind this is multi million branched company   View Answer

Union Relations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at GE.

Initially contacted by company recruiter, who then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next step was an onsite all day interview at the corporate headquarters with multiple HR people. After successfully passing that portion of the interview I had another onsite all day interview at the plant location, where the actual opening was. This interview was with HR, the plant manager, operations managers and I met with the union officials. Both all day interviews were very casual and laid back. I was asked specific questions but there didn't seem to be a real format.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were either about my past history or conversational about who I am in general.   Answer Question
    I negotiated an additional 10% on the salary, but in hindsight should have also negotiated additional time off.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2010.

I was interviewed in 2010 for GE field service engineer position in Ankara /Turkiye. I applied through a 3rd party career website and called by GE HR. I had talked with HR on phone regarding the position requirements and my experience. Then face to face interview with department manager and senior engineer with HR. A test was given to measure my technical knowledge. It was based on scenarios related to technical problems and i was asked to solve them correctly. After all was completed i was interviewed by country HR director as well.

I am informed that i am on the short list after 3-4 weeks and an offer given after 8 weeks.

Also you need to know that when you accepted the offer it was not finished. You have to pass Kroll check phase. All of your CV/Background/ Experience are investigated for accuracy.

It was not negotiable.

Internal Communications Interview

interviewed at GE in January 2010.

Found job for Italy listed online. Applied through US office. Interviewed by phone with US office and in person in Italy. US interview was pretty informal and relaxed. Italy interview was very formal and uptight

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with the Unions representatives in the company?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in August 2014.

I applied in online portal gecareers.com. The call came after a week and there was a technical telephonic interview for half an hour. If ur performance is good you will called for 1:1 interview which again would be technical

Less salary

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!