GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

Year Long Placement (UK) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I sent my application form, CV and cover letter and after a few weeks I received an invitation to a Telephone Interview. The question were, competency, motivational and knowledge about the company.

1) I was first asked to confirm my name/course etc.

2) which location I would prefer to work

3) Then interviewer then asked me what I knew about GE.

4) Tell me about a time when you had to teach something yourself.

5) Give me example of a situation were you had use Microsoft Office.

6) Tell me about a time when you had to do a challenging project.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

The hiring process is very accurate, several interviews. I applied online. The process took overall one month I had 1o1 interviews and a full background check, included a call to my previous manager.

Interview Questions
    • In general if you have the right experience you should not have any problem. Some questions about team player attitude.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you either take the job or not.

Commercial Manager Interview

Well planned, if not a little slow. Quality interviewers on-site with relevant questioning. Interviewers included the typical team members as well as HR and other complementary roles. More concern about how I could leverage my talents and experience rather than focusing on specifics to the job function at hand. I considered this a positive aspect that I had not seen as much before.

Interview Questions
    • In regards to how I would handle the technical side of the business where I had no previous experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Had one round of interviews. Pretty much just a behavioral interview; no programming questions at all, and I didn't have to really worry about anything technical. After about 2 weeks, they got back to me with an offer. Overall, it was a really fast experience, and I enjoyed the ease of it!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   View Answer
    Didn't try negotiating!

ITLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I talked to representatives from the ITLP program at my school's career fair after seeing a posting on our job boards for the ITLP internship. I was asked for an interview a week later and it was a 2 on 1 interview, which surprised me a little. The interviewers were both extremely friendly and approachable and the questions were all behavioral. Be ready to rank which businesses you are interested in as they will ask you in case you pass the first interview. I got an e-mail the next day saying I had passed the first round and then was called to confirm my business rankings. 2 weeks later I was presented an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to be innovative to get something done.   Answer Question

Energy Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE.

interview was 25 minutes, extensively behavioral questions with time at the end to ask my own questions. I heard back from them within 2 days with an offer, there was no second round interview. The offer is good; they pay well and offer different locations for work

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

In my case I've been contacted by different headhunter, from abroad, and after a first selection (2 phone calls and a face to face interview) I got in touch with company's HR. Then I had a face to face interview in an Italian city, in order to be shortlisted and, finally, I had face to face meeting in UK with BU's manager. In total from February to June. Then it took from July to September to have the contract. This part was quite incredible

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember a real difficult question, I think to be a quite skilled person and quite confident in different situations.   Answer Question

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I was recruited through a campus career center and given the opportunity to interview. This was mostly behavioral and nothing completely unexpected. The interviewer was very friendly and made the process easy. Heard back about 3 weeks later and received an invite to corporate headquarters.

Eid Co-Op Interview

Campus interview after speaking to company at a career fair. Behavioral based interview, as most are these days. Comfortable 30 minute session with an engineer. Received an offer two weeks later. The interviewer was friendly and understood how to not intimidate the interviewee to ensure they get the best answers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most impressive aspect of you.   View Answer
    No negotiation, you either take the job or not after I received the offer. Received an offer 2 weeks after the interview.

ITLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Got the Interview through on campus recruiting. The first interview was on campus and was mostly behavioral with a few questions about my technical experience. The second interview was a phone interview, basically ensuring you are the right fit for the position and making sure you know exactly what the internship entails.