GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

i was invited for a Phone interview that lasted about 50 min. the interviewer was highly professional and friendly,the whole process boarded on behavioral and technical questions. i was invited for a second interview(face to face) that went pretty well.my third and final interview was over the phone.

Posit the Question Then Had to Decipher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in August 2014.

I disgrace a clue for that which had all the information that I know can find the word of for the I see can I be for you to long have to I Do

Interview Questions
    • Have I to Have to that'll is I Football fighters good xar to and good new Tying and to Kind very don't with I   View Answer

I don't have a clue I ge tire of questions I have no way to stop

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE in April 2011.

Es gab zwei Vorstellungsgespräche in denen mehre Entscheider und die Personalabteilung eingebunden war. Es wurden keine schwierigen Fragen gestellt sondern normale Fragen zur Motivation und Lebenslauf. Danach wurde zunächst der Unternehmensbereich eingeordnet, was bei GE gar nicht so einfach ist und durchaus eine viertel Stunde dauern kann. Auch der zukünftige Chef war offen und hat aus seinem Lebenslauf erzählt, damit man ein Bild bekommen konnte, mit wem man zusammen arbeitet.

Business Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

Online application first, then situational judgement test,then telephone interview. The online SJT is simple enough, you listen and wathch to different animated situations and give your best choice. The telephone interview was a bit early in the morning and it lasted about 20 min. The questions were: 1. why do you want to work for GE? 2. Why do you want the Business Management placement? 3. What is GE's culture? 4. Tell me about a time when you overcome a difficult situation. 5. Tell me about a time when you learned a new system or a laguage. Other questions just confirm your courses and location preference.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult one is the compentency one asking your experience about learning a new language or a system. It's really hard when you don't have am example at hand!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had 4 round of interviews. First round was the written round where they ask people to write an exam on C++ and general maths. Second is the technical interview where they ask you again about c++ and image processing techniques. Last round is the HR round.

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at GE in January 2015.

Online application, situational reasoning test, telephone interview. The lady on the phone was very straight to the point, and quite intimidating. When asking questions at the end she would just simply reply 'I don't work for GE, I'm just hired by them'.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about GE?
      Why do you want to work in your chosen area?
      What's your motivation for applying to GE?
      Tell me about a challenging project you've had and what difficulties you faced.
      Tell me about a time where you have had to teach yourself something in a short period of time.

Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dammam (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in February 2013.

Resume and technical questions about my undergrad courses and job experience. Also, they asked if I had any internship during school or not.. Finally, they asked me about any challenging projects our homework that were

IT Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE.

Good. not difficult questions. some of the interviewers were not qualified to interview. Hiring process is smooth.
    apt questions for the role are asked
    Sometimes too many layers of interviews
    Technical questions are not many

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at GE in March 2011.

Recruiting, hiring and Interview process was long and difficult. All pre-employment phases were lengthy, difficult, tedious, tiring and represented a boring level of waiting for decisions and responses back. Lots of back and forth communications, phones calls, emails, etc. Long decision process, salary received was less than anticipated. I (personally) participated in many role model practice sessions and practice interview sessions, before the actual interview date arrived. Lots of online and interview preparatory research on my part, which allowed me to ace the phone screen and the 1st in person interview. The required drug test is a no-brainer, type pass, for a 100% drug free candidate.
     I was working in a different state, so the drive up was a little complicated, but overall the GE negotiations process was lengthy and tiresome. I think that much of it was unnecessary and a bit over the top. Lots of interview questions, tons of meet and greet events on the interview day. Many pre-employment promises made, many left unfilled after the initial hiring occurred. Intense competition for a few jobs, time was extremely limited for each candidate and it was very demanding and convoluted at times and during the whole process. Not something I would like to repeat in this life time. Professional dress, neatness and proper hygiene are absolutely required for a GE interview, shorts and sandals will not do, here. If the candidate smokes, do not do this immediately before the actual interview, it will be viewed as poor form. Professional ladies, too much makeup, heavy jewellery, visible tattoos and piercings, weird hair colours, sneakers, t-shirts, etc. will not be tolerated (think 1950's, female charm) . Interview lateness, is a no-no. An unkempt appearance is a no-no for a GE interview. Polish, poise and charm will win them over, every time.

Negotiation phase was a lengthy, difficult, tedious, tiring and a boring level of waiting for decisions and responses back. Lots of back and forth communications, phones calls, emails, etc. Long decision process, salary received was less than anticipated. I participated in many role model practice sessions and practice interview sessions, before the actual interview occurred. Lots of online and interview preparatory on my part, which allowed me to ace the phone screen and the 1st in person interview. The required drug test is a no-brainer passing score, for any one that is 100% drug free. GE only hires US citizens, so another no brainer for me. I was working in a different state, so the drive up was a little complicated, but overall the GE negotiations process was lengthy and tiresome. I think that much of it was unnecessary and a bit over the top.

Leas Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in January 2015.

The process began with a screening phone interview just days after applying. I then went in for a panel interview with 3 people. Nobody showed up until 5 minutes after the scheduled start and it was only one person. Then about 10 minutes into the interview, a second interviewer arrived. Immediately, he started grilling me about my job experiences and made condescending comments and faces upon every response. It seemed that he had a superiority complex. It was the most unprofessional interview I've ever been a part of. For the record, the third interviewer never showed. Following the interview, I received a fairly low offer, but had such a bad taste in my mouth from the interview process that I immediately declined.

Interview Questions

Offer was low, interview was unprofessional