GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

EEDP interview was half a day with 5 technical reps and an HR review. Heavy in technical background. Ultimately proved to be a good thing as I was very impressed with the technical strength of all members of the redo program.

Interview Questions
    No salary negotiations accepted. HR holds the power at GE and are very good at preventing salary negotiations.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Applied online through my university. They allowed me to have a Skype interview while I was abroad. The interview was all behavioral questions. The interviewer was not very nice. She asked only questions about times I worked in a team. No questions about my resume or anything like that. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you completed something technical in a group project.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

After applying online, had a phone interview which was mainly competency based. The person conducting the interview was really friendly. So that made me feel at ease with the interview, therefore, found the interview easy. Also have so questions ready to ask for the end of the interview.
    Currently waiting for an assessment centre day.

Interview Questions
    • What you know about the company and how did you prepare to get the information?   Answer Question

OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in October 2014.

I first found this position through my university's career services office. I was asked to submit my application documents on a Thursday, and I was scheduled for an interview on the following Tuesday. It was an on-campus interview, so that helped speed up the process.

Only two days after the interview, I received a phone call from the person who had interviewed me. She told me that she really wanted to continue with me for the second round of interviews, but she needed to discuss my work status. Unfortunately, GE does not allow the working visa sponsorship for internationals to participate in the OMLP in the U.S. That was the end of my interview process for the program in the U.S. but I was told that my application would be forwarded to the OMLP program in Latin America.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an incompetent boss and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

GE FMP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE in January 2014.

The interview process consists of two parts.
    The first part was a telephone interview, which basically covered behavioural questions and tests my understanding of the company. Therefore, doing some homework on company's history, key leadership, and culture is very important.

If you make it through the first round, you would be invited to an assessment centre that is the second part of the recruitment and should take at least half a day from you. In the assessment centre, I sat for a written test which covered some basic accounting knowledge. After that, all the candidates were given a main theme and situation where we were subdivided into different project teams. Each team would be dispatched for private discussion and in the end presented their solution to the situation given. The assessors (mainly financial managers) would evaluate your performance throughout the entire process, not only your presentation output, but also how each individual organised, coordinated the group discussion, or even managed the differences and conflicts.

In the end, you would have an one-on-one interview with the finance managers. The content could be board, ranging from technical knowledge, personal experience, or even debrief of what happened during your group discussion.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question happened during the one-on-one interview process. I choose not to share it here coz it was a bit personal. However, the advice I can give is that don't be jammed for any unexpected questions and be as candid as you can. Don't pretend to know something that you actually don't know.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

Applied online. Called a few days after and had a 20 minutes long initial phone interview. They mostly asked me to present myself, nothing technical. I have been then called for a frontal interview, which was mostly motivational.

Interview Questions
    • Just classic motivational questions. Name three of your best qualities and three flaws. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. What do you expect from the job.   Answer Question

Sales Co-op Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

Lot's a behavioral questions, nothing hard. I spoke with three different people; HR interviewer and two managers. The conversations with the two managers were pretty laid back, and the HR woman asked more interviewer type questions.

If you have past internship experience, you will get paid more. $14/hour was with past intern experience.

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

i was invited for a Phone interview that lasted about 50 min. the interviewer was highly professional and friendly,the whole process boarded on behavioral and technical questions. i was invited for a second interview(face to face) that went pretty well.my third and final interview was over the phone.

Posit the Question Then Had to Decipher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in August 2014.

I disgrace a clue for that which had all the information that I know can find the word of for the I see can I be for you to long have to I Do

Interview Questions
    • Have I to Have to that'll is I Football fighters good xar to and good new Tying and to Kind very don't with I   View Answer

I don't have a clue I ge tire of questions I have no way to stop

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE in April 2011.

Es gab zwei Vorstellungsgespräche in denen mehre Entscheider und die Personalabteilung eingebunden war. Es wurden keine schwierigen Fragen gestellt sondern normale Fragen zur Motivation und Lebenslauf. Danach wurde zunächst der Unternehmensbereich eingeordnet, was bei GE gar nicht so einfach ist und durchaus eine viertel Stunde dauern kann. Auch der zukünftige Chef war offen und hat aus seinem Lebenslauf erzählt, damit man ein Bild bekommen konnte, mit wem man zusammen arbeitet.