GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Campus Interview was set up through campus online resource. Was held in campus interview center. Basic human resource behavioral questions. Be sure to know, elaborate and answer anything on your resume. Was a relaxed, easy interview. Knowing more of the position details and company values are a positive additive. Unfortunately, still waiting for a decision after two weeks.

ITLP Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Two phone interviews with very nice representatives from GE ITLP. The first was from the general recruiter from ITLP while the second was the head ITLP from GE transport. And he was the one who made the offer over the phone. Second interview was about 2 weeks after the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions about being a good teammate   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE.

There were 3 rounds--they all generally asked about your background, why you're interested, etc. I think management is really trying to check if he candidate is interested in finance instead of just the leadership aspect of the program.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE.

Note I am an Electrical Engineer, Campus Career fair led to a next day interview led to same day offer, standard behavioral questions, situation where x occurred and how did you handle it. Recommend to have resume with bold section headings and gpa, seemed like experience preference hierarchy went (previous internship, leadership, scholarships/awards, technical) every engineering student has the same technical experience per major unless you learned coding or something outside which I didn't. I founded a club sport and that gave me a significant lead in terms of leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Zero technical questions, be prepared to describe leadership, poor partners etc..   View Answer
    Received email of offer, told to pick up information at on campus location, Junior-> Senior year interns receive most money (22.50 per hr), others decline by about a dollar a year

Software Development Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in November 2014.

They called me after I gave them my resume at a job fair, and before any phone interview invited me to San Ramon, and then there was a full day event involving a coding test (alone with a computer), they had me interview with a HR person, and they had me talk to a current software developer to see if I could speak intelligently about technologies. They also had us create a powerpoint presentation in a group to examine our leadership qualities. About a month after that day I got my decision.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if given a string, how many letters would I have to change in order to make it a palindrome. Very difficult. But they didn't necessarily expect success.   Answer Question

Project Manager Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE in November 2014.

The interview was conducted through HireVue, Video Stream. You see yourself in one window and once the interviewer dials in, you see him/her in a second window. The quality was catastrophic. The picture froze up many times and the voice had an echo. So I had to ask my interviewer several times to repeat the question and had several times the (wrong) impression that he said something while I was talking. It was bad and the interviewer definitely took this out on me.

Interview Questions
    • With the above scenario the interviewer took a phone call while interviewing me and told me after a short time "thank you, that's enough".   View Answer

FMP Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in November 2014.

I applied on my college recruiting website from which I was selected for an on campus interview. The interview lasted 45 minutes and was behavioral based and very conversational. I got an offer 2 weeks later from GE Power & Water for their Co-op program and accepted it.

GE OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

On campus interview that was one on one followed by a second interview and onsite visit in the Supply Chain Headquarters in Milwaukee with a dinner with current OMLP employees.

Design Engineer Interview

Process was smooth and less time taking. Recruiter, HR, hiring panel everyone is pretty much helping hands. Starts with phone screen then telephonic technical round and then onsite rounds through out the day. Technical, behavioral rounds are good.

Interview Questions
    • how you keep yourself up to date and what you know most recent news of technology ?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I applied through university recruiting. I spoke with them at a career fair and got a phone called late that night requesting an interview. The interview was very comfortable and laid back. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing surprising or majorly difficult. What they look for primarily is enthusiasm and passion for the job at hand. They want to see why you really want it and what your motivators are. They are genuinely interested and want you to demonstrate your work ethic and desire to grow. At the end they told me regardless of what happens to stay passionate about what I want and what I'm qualified for. This was my first interview of my college career, so to say the least I could have done better. My lack of interest in sales at the time was evident and the advice that they gave me post interview was beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced and adversity   View Answer