GE

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014
780 interviews

Project Manager - IT Security Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Very long and drawn out with a series of phone interviews and a final day of interviewing with multiple managers. The whole process took about a month and was very repetitive and mundane, which contributed to my lack of excitement towards the job at the end. The phone interviews, with different people, often asked me the exact same behavioral and situation-based questions so it was clear the interviewers were not communicating together. Some of the questions were challenging if you had limited experience with an exact or similar situation, but they were generally easy to walk through and they are just looking for your analytical and social thought process. Ultimately, I did not feel the values and personality traits of the team I interviewed with aligned well, as they are looking for a specific mold and expect you to emulate that, however I have a feeling this varies by the specific team and/or manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you were consulting on a project and you had to tell the client/customer that their intended direction was not correct or effective and how you convinced them to go with your desired solution/ideas instead.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

interviewed at GE in May 2014.

They had a 3 part interview process. The first one with HR which is basic questions you will get everywhere. The technical interview consisted of mostly high level questions, not very specific. Also I will say it was centered around experiences more than random technical questions. The last is an on site interview confirming your fit with the company as well as a teaching session to determine your proficiency in conveying your technical knowledge to others.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a couple question which seemed very specific to their system.   Answer Question

OMLP Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in August 2011.

Interview was mostly behavioral. Had an internship there over the summer and presented my key accomplishments, but interviewers were more interested in my definition of leadership and how I would solve potential conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expecting questions relating to managing unhappy employees.   Answer Question

Senior Fraud Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at GE in June 2011.

telephone interview, onsite interview with a panel, explained hiring process and dress code. explained when next training class would start. got a call with salary and days off, awaited on background and drug test results to return.,

yes. Always negotiate

Financial Management Program (Shanghai) Interview

Applied through college with resume, cover letter and an interviewstream video required by the college. Also did the online application. Should have 4-5 rounds of interviews with HR, Finance Managers and CFO. I got phone interview in June 2014, but failed...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really hard. General questions.
      Tell me about the public presentation that you made most successfully.
        Answer Question

HRLP Interview

on campus interview, on site interview with 3 rounds, everyone was very nice and no one tried to intimidate you through the process. Offer was made about 2 weeks after on site interview. This could depend based on business

ITLP Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Submitted resume through university career site and was selected for on-campus interview. Followed up by a phone conversation with ITLP manager, who offered me a position after the interview. This was for an intern position. For my full-time position, whether or not I received an offer was based on my performance as an intern. I received an offer about one week after my internship was over.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you faced a challenge with someone and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

4 interviews remotely on a row. Interview is easy. But the senior manager told you " I can hire you , and I can fire you too" He mean it. The first year, almost 20 people got fired or quit

Edison Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Most interviewees are selected from an internal pool of Early Identification (EID) candidates; these are mostly interns and co-op students. The interview process consisted of four 30-45 minute interviews with senior engineering technical leaders/managers.

Interview Questions
    • How my time with the company thus far (during internship) had an impact on the company and why should they hire me.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation opportunity. If I accepted within the first 2 weeks, I got $1000 additional signing bonus.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Nice and pleasent meeting and review with several individuals from different departments.
    There were no unexpected questions, but then again it means that i was very well prepared for the interview. I knew exactly what to ask.

Three month