GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Co-op Interview

Technology Co-op
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Interview Details – I attended an engineering career fair at my school, where I signed a sheet that indicated my interest in working for the company. After that, they told me to apply online and I did. Once I did that, I scheduled an interview with the recruiter. The interview was a one on one interview in a small office with your usual, run of the mill engineering questions about teamwork and critical thinking. Nothing about the interview process was unusual or overwhelmingly difficult.

Interview Question – When was a time where you had to solve a novel problem using unconventional critical thinking skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Saying yes or no- it was an offer for a temporary internship

SQE Interview

SQE
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE in June 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent process, approachable ..they showed genuine interest to hire..it was enriching experience. I am glad I got an opportunity to interview with the team. It was two steps process, it was challenging, they were looking for person with breadth of knowledge and all rounder.

Interview Question – none all of them were easy   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – telephonic and then 1o 1 , all technical and related to present job and responsibilities.
be prepared to throw some techincal questions amd code assessment as well.
there were some logical reasoning question as well.

Interview Question – doubly linked list   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Danbury, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was great, the recruiter was persistent, then we interviewed and I had to keep following up for weeks before they told me the position was cancelled. Would have appreciated responses since I was told I would be brought in for an interview.

Interview Question – How would your manager describe you?   Answer Question

GE FMP Interview

GE FMP
Fairfield, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2014.

Interview Details – The company came to my school for first round interviews. The interviewer, who was from HR, was very friendly and informing about the position and the FMP program in general. The interview went smoothly but unfortunately it came across that I was more interested in banking (hence my preference for a GE Capital Placement). That being said, I was able to explain the difference between GE Capital and a traditional bank. Overall I do not feel that I was the candidate that GE was looking for for the FMP Program.

Interview Question – Considering that the interview was with HR, there were no technical questions. Questions included your typical fit questions that you can find in any interview guide.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in March 2011.

Interview Details – It is a lengthy process not only interviewing with many managers but for the process to complete - if you are selected to be the right candidate. However, management does it best to move the process and will keep you informed.

Interview Question – Give an overview what you have accomplished and why you feel it is important ?   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Interview Details – The HR contacted me and set up an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called on time. I felt he had some preconceived notion about me and my experience. There was minimal exchange of greetings and he was straight to the point about what/who he wanted for the position. Inquired about my experience but kept going back to the idea of who he wanted. Was not really keen on the pay scale either. Discounted my experience citing some vague reason. Frequently kept telling me that he was not so sure how I will fit into the position. To round it off, he offered me a salary that was laughable to say the least. I just said, "no".

Interview Question – We did not get to the technical round. The hiring manager was not too keen on even accepting me as a viable fit to the position although I had the relevant experience necessary as per the HR recruiter.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like the hiring manager's disposition and mannerisms. If this is the situation in the preliminary conversation, I can hardly assume what's it going to be like working under him (that, too, at a lower salary than I had expected).

I think I will look for other opportunities where at the least, people are courteous and in general have a bright outlook.

Wind Tech Interview

Wind Tech

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE in December 2013.

Interview Details – submit resume, if they like you you will get a HR call and then a face to face interview. overall good process, need good mathematical background as well as a solid foundation in digital fundamentals and electricity.

Interview Question – questions that don't particularly pertain to low level experience persons   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR contacts you and email you an offer

Client Services - Part Time - Work From Home Interview

Client Services - Part Time - Work From Home
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Interview Details – I can only comment on the interview process. Although I do not feel that I will be employed at GE, I do want to comment on the interview process. Throughout the process, GE sent email reminders and updates regarding your status. It was professionally handled from start to finish.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was: Explain to us a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it and provide a resolution.   View Answer

Senior FP&A Leader Interview

Senior FP&A Leader
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Face-to-face interview with 2 peer managers, HR, and the hiring manager. Travel was reimbursed by the company. Hotel was close to the office and nice. Took a long time to receive the verbal offer and another GE business contacted me for an interview before the first completed the process.

Negotiation Details – Offer letter with no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE