GE

597 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Human Resources Interview

Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then in-person interview with 2 VPs of Human Resources

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

IT Co-op Interview

University of Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in January 2014.

Interview Details – Saw GE recruiting on one of the booths in my college career fair. Said I was interested
for a coop for the fall and the interviewer said they were looking to fill a spot, gave her my resume and she said she would pass the resume to her hiring manager for a interview consideration the next week. Got called for an interview, nothing unexpected, mostly behavioral questions; How did you manage working with a difficult partner, tell about your biggest failure and how did you overcome it, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about that time when you were absolutely stuck with a problem, what did you do?   Answer Question

ETL Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, the process took about about one month. I was interviewed over the phone by two separate ETL Architects and then scheduled to travel to the office site for the face to face interview with HR and my (to be) manager.
GE made all arrangements and travel and overnight stay was very smoothly executed. I was taken out on a tour of the city during the morning, interviewed in the afternoon and was on my way the same evening.
The decision to hire was communicated the very next day.

Interview Question – Did not find any question difficult. I was dreading having to answer typical HR type questions but the interview with HR turned out to be a chat. The technical interviews were not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I really wanted the job at the time. This was a big mistake. I could gave got a significant amount more. Do your research folks.

Sourcing Intern Interview

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – a hr staff calls you and you go to the local location of the position you are applying to to have an interview with your potential direct manager and an administrative staff. If you are accepted, you will be hearing from the company within 3 days.

Interview Question – tell us an experience that demonstrate your leadership skill.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Question – how will you fit in our organization.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i got another better offer.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Greenville, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE in February 2012.

Interview Details – Single interview. Very few questions asked. Interviewer seemed unclear on what needs and expectations were. Generic questions. No discussion of values, culture, expectations. Felt like I was running the show.

Interview Question – Honestly, none. Standard, generic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Initial offer was above my expectations.

REDP 10 Week Internship Program Interview

Schenectady, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in February 2014.

Interview Details – Selected for an on campus interview after submitting through university career website. Called back in a few weeks for interview (Renewable Energy Leadership Development Program) on campus. Received call back for this program for full time.

Interview Question – Questions Included for 10 week internship program:
Behavioral Questions, Resume Run Through
Tell me about yourself.
What do you know about the renewable energy industry? (I.e. passion for renewable energy)
Why renewable energy development program?
Explain a time when you used a logical approach to solve a problem?
When have you failed to meet an objective?
What is your biggest weakness?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My credentials were more than what the internship wanted, and since I was looking for full time, they pushed me to interview for the full time development program (2 yr program).
They then flew me out to Schenectady for the interview for the full time program, not the 10 week internship program.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Wilmington, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GE in July 2010.

Interview Details – Two day interview sessions with eight senior or higher engineering managers and an HR manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you didn't work well with a supervisor. What was the outcome and how would you have changed the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – since GE won't take international student as their intern, they forward my resume to GE china. first phone conversation is about basic personal information, then make a appointment with me about next interview.

Interview Question – why you choose ITLP program   Answer Question

ECLP Interview

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – Pretty straight through, the regular questions, what will you do in long term, see how you fit with the company and etc.

Interview Question – case study   Answer Question