GE Interview Questions

1,093 Interview Reviews

2.9

Fabricator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Waukesha, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and to the point. I had an opportunity to answer many questions as well as ask them and was given a fair chance and amount of time to answer them to the best of my knowledge. I was asked a series of questions from a sheet by several different individuals and answered all of the questions as efficiently as possible.

Interview Questions

• How efficiently can I read blueprints?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would tell people to never sell themselves short. Know that you have the skillset in which the job you are applying for and have the professional evidence to back it up.

Machine Learning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Niskayuna, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked basic questions about machine learning algorithms. The questions were not very technical, not too much details are required to answer. I was also asked to present my own research for about 1 hour. And I talked to HR people at last.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by in-person interview with HR, hiring managers...Walked thru the resume for a little bit, then it was mostly focused on behavioral questions.Great place to build your experience if you are willing to always be learning.

Trade Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I met with four or five group managers and the VP to find out about the responsibilities of the job and so they could get to know me better and to find out what team I would be the best fit for. Then after those interviews I met with someone from HR to go over the details and was told I would be contacted shortly either way. I heard back within a week and accepted the position and then had to go through the background check before my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a project or group assignment I worked on in the past that helped me learn and would be helpful in this position.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online recieved email a day later for testing, took the test its computer test real easy after that they say we will contact you in a few weeks a month and a half passed finally. Got a date to set up Interview they put you in a room with a couple other people that are there for interviews team you up and you have to put together a lego helicopter together without instructions after that you interview and thats it a month later I got offered the position.

Test and Development Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Minnetonka, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday and got a phone interview for the following Monday. I spoke with the supervisor for the role. They described the department and the job explained the tech position in more detail.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions in this one, we just reviewed my resume and they asked about my experiences relevant to the job description.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I was already an employee of GE. So this process was internal for me. Its a part of one of GE's leadership program where the Masters program is funded by GE. Gives a good hands on exposure to the manufacturing facility

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group that consisted of 4 people within the field I was applying for. They asked behavioral type questions. Then they showed me the area I would be working in. They also asked a lot of questions regarding my resume and previous experience. Since it was a science type job they asked about my experience with different pieces of equipment. Everyone in the group asked about 2 scenario type questions. Overall, the interview was very easy and none of the questions were hard to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to meet a deadline and how did you achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I had a first round interview on campus, from there I was invited to a second round interview at their Power and Water headquarters in Atlanta where they flew me down. Received an offer within an hour of my flight landing.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you failed to reach a goal you or a manager set?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a scheduled call (instead of the in-person) and the person on the phone just said "perfect" after each answer. No attempt to engage in conversation or dialogue. It sounded like a very green student with a headset.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very static and didn't dig in to anything about me. It was more compusary asking things that were clearly listed in my resume and I'd already done in the application process and previous calls. Nothing about my actual skills. Complete waste of time.   1 Answer