GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Interview Details – The HR contacted me and set up an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called on time. I felt he had some preconceived notion about me and my experience. There was minimal exchange of greetings and he was straight to the point about what/who he wanted for the position. Inquired about my experience but kept going back to the idea of who he wanted. Was not really keen on the pay scale either. Discounted my experience citing some vague reason. Frequently kept telling me that he was not so sure how I will fit into the position. To round it off, he offered me a salary that was laughable to say the least. I just said, "no".

Interview Question – We did not get to the technical round. The hiring manager was not too keen on even accepting me as a viable fit to the position although I had the relevant experience necessary as per the HR recruiter.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like the hiring manager's disposition and mannerisms. If this is the situation in the preliminary conversation, I can hardly assume what's it going to be like working under him (that, too, at a lower salary than I had expected).

I think I will look for other opportunities where at the least, people are courteous and in general have a bright outlook.

Client Services - Part Time - Work From Home Interview

Client Services - Part Time - Work From Home
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Interview Details – I can only comment on the interview process. Although I do not feel that I will be employed at GE, I do want to comment on the interview process. Throughout the process, GE sent email reminders and updates regarding your status. It was professionally handled from start to finish.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was: Explain to us a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it and provide a resolution.   View Answer

Senior FP&A Leader Interview

Senior FP&A Leader
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Face-to-face interview with 2 peer managers, HR, and the hiring manager. Travel was reimbursed by the company. Hotel was close to the office and nice. Took a long time to receive the verbal offer and another GE business contacted me for an interview before the first completed the process.

Negotiation Details – Offer letter with no negotiation.

Wind Tech Interview

Wind Tech

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE in December 2013.

Interview Details – submit resume, if they like you you will get a HR call and then a face to face interview. overall good process, need good mathematical background as well as a solid foundation in digital fundamentals and electricity.

Interview Question – questions that don't particularly pertain to low level experience persons   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR contacts you and email you an offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Had to complete an assessment online that was timed. If you successfully pass you are invited to schedule a phone interview . Once you get through that step successfully you're able to schedule a interview on site.

Interview Question – Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and the outcome   View Answer

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

Operations Management Leadership Program

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – 4-5 interviews. Behavioral for the most part. Looking for candidates with strong leadership experience.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and how do you feel it's going to affect your ability to succeed in this program?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same pay.

Ops Leader Interview

Ops Leader
Schenectady, NY

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – When they decide to move ahead, they really move. Got a call and did a phone interview and a week later they flew me out. The interview consisted of hoping around through maybe 6-8 interview sessions, a short tour with a disgruntled Union employee and that was it. I had maybe two follow up phone calls, one an interview with the plant manager and that was all she wrote. I thought it would be harder....

Negotiation Details – They asked what i wanted and I'd never been asked that before and they gave me much more than I had planned on, but cost of living is greater out here as well.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – The interview process is different from when I was hired a long time ago. From my understanding, you will recieve an auto generated email from Brassring (the hiring system). The actual managers are responsible for all communications. Managers work with HR. HR creates the offer letters and submit a workflow for background checks. The whole process for Oklahoma City has gotten better from 4 months to one month. That is still a long time compared to other companies.

Interview Question – I am not sure, each hiring manager is different on what type of questions they ask.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interview Details – 3 stage process

Interview Question – Describe difficult situations and your reactions   View Answer