GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I applied through my university's career website. Questions were mainly behavioral. No technical questions.The interview was around 30 m and very friendly. The only advice I can give you be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you failed to meet a work objective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Met an employer at a career fair on campus. He said I was extremely qualified and really talked up the position. I studied for the interview A LOT. Looked up potential questions and learned so much about the company. Got interviewed by 2 people, asked almost identical questions posted on this site. Said there wasnt very many positions available and told me that I did not receive the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • When you work with a group, how do you separate yourself from the group?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I talked to representatives from the ITLP program at my school's career fair after seeing a posting on our job boards for the ITLP internship. I was asked for an interview a week later and it was a 2 on 1 interview, which surprised me a little. The interviewers were both extremely friendly and approachable and the questions were all behavioral. Be ready to rank which businesses you are interested in as they will ask you in case you pass the first interview. I got an e-mail the next day saying I had passed the first round and then was called to confirm my business rankings. 2 weeks later I was presented an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to be innovative to get something done.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Had one round of interviews. Pretty much just a behavioral interview; no programming questions at all, and I didn't have to really worry about anything technical. After about 2 weeks, they got back to me with an offer. Overall, it was a really fast experience, and I enjoyed the ease of it!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   View Answer
    Didn't try negotiating!

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I had an on campus interview with GE's Power and Water. After the initial process they invited me to their Greenville, SC plant for a second round interview. The interview process was very different. It was a back-to-back 30 minute interview with four different past OMLPs from the company and the head HR person. They generally asked similar behavioral questions and wasn't very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What things do you regret from your past four years your college career   Answer Question

ITLP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I applied online through the website following a career fair. I received an email about 2 weeks later asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later and was 30 mins and behavioral questions only. The interviewer was very chill and nice. You introduce yourself and then answer 3 to 4 "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions
    • They were all relatively easy. "Describe a time you didn't agree with a manager. How did you handle it/over come?" "Describe a time you disagreed with a team member." "describe a time you delivered bad news or made an unpopular choice"   Answer Question

The offer was amazing but location for the position wasn't very ideal (for me). Plus I had other interviews and they wanted an answer before I had the chance to weigh my options. Took a risk. Right choice for me though.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in October 2014.

Went in for first round of interviews on campus. Asked normal behavioral interview questions. Nothing too difficult. Called a few weeks later to say that corporate cut funding for the internship program.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Applicants were questioned one-on-one. Interviewer asked questions such as whether the interviewee had previous experience using manufacturing equipment, hands-on automotive work, managing co-workers and processes. Interview lasted for about 10 minutes. Another interview would follow given the candidate met their requirements.

Welder Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

You have to go through a group interview and then one on one interview. All correspondence is done by email so make sure you provide accurate information. Once you're one on one interview is complete you have to meet with HR to discuss personal information etc.

Human Resources Inteern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

On campus interview: they hosted us for dinner and drinks the night before the interviews. They had planned to bring three interviewers, but two were pulled away last minute. So there was about ten of us jockeying for her time. If selected, second round interview in New York.