GE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015
1,017 Interview Reviews

Senior Technology Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

4 Week Process: Lured In with a great phone Interview with the recruiter talking about several solutions I architected, technology used, security issues, etc., and how I led teams to implement these solutions in the areas of cloud, big data, and mobile leveraging SOA and data integration solutions. She said she'd forward to hiring/selection team. No feedback or second interview from the selection team. After passing the first interview, the GE HR team cancelled every other phone interview for other positions that I had applied for because they wanted me to focus on this one particular position.

After 4 weeks of followup emails, I received an email that I said I was "fantastic and very accomplished with awesome leadership skills" but they have filled the position with someone more qualified.

I went online to resubmit for the others that I was suddenly dropped for and found out the job is still open and remains open until this day. Beware of the shady recruiting tactics of this company.

The initial interviewer was nice, but the "reject" notice was a complete fabrication

Interview Questions

• Describe you background in architecture?
      Any background in cloud, big data, SOA, mobile and IoT architecture and design? Explain
      Do you have any background in EA and/or solutions architecture?
      What is the largest team you've led?
      Tell me about the most complex solution you were a part of?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at a college career fair and was given an interview time for the next day. The interview took 30 mins and consisted of mainly behavioral questions about interactions with other people. The interviewer had my resume next to him and asked questions about things directly from it. Overall it was a positive experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone with a differing opinion to do something your way   Answer Question

Sales Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Lot's a behavioral questions, nothing hard. I spoke with three different people; HR interviewer and two managers. The conversations with the two managers were pretty laid back, and the HR woman asked more interviewer type questions.

Negotiation

If you have past internship experience, you will get paid more. $14/hour was with past intern experience.

Leas Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in January 2015.

Interview

The process began with a screening phone interview just days after applying. I then went in for a panel interview with 3 people. Nobody showed up until 5 minutes after the scheduled start and it was only one person. Then about 10 minutes into the interview, a second interviewer arrived. Immediately, he started grilling me about my job experiences and made condescending comments and faces upon every response. It seemed that he had a superiority complex. It was the most unprofessional interview I've ever been a part of. For the record, the third interviewer never showed. Following the interview, I received a fairly low offer, but had such a bad taste in my mouth from the interview process that I immediately declined.

Interview Questions

Offer was low, interview was unprofessional

Intern Interview

Interview

I had 4 round of interviews. First round was the written round where they ask people to write an exam on C++ and general maths. Second is the technical interview where they ask you again about c++ and image processing techniques. Last round is the HR round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Submitted online CV. Had to answer a 5 question-interview through HireVue. In the same phase had to solve an English test.
    Received a call after 2 months of wait. They did a small phone screen and gave me an invitation to the assessment center.
    After two weeks, they flew me to the assessment.

Product Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Campus selection-
    1st round- Aptitude (online)
    2nd round - HR interview (outside)
    3rd round - Manager interview (Onsite)
    Level of difficulty was modest and interest in the company tested. Questions were general behavioral questions on various situations. Cultural fit also tested

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

It is very formal. After submit my cv, HR contact me around one week later, asked some general questions focusing on my resume. Then arrange the next phone interview by the group manager. The time is very comfortable that they mostly asked what time is also fit to you. In the tech interview, the manager asked quite a lot of problems in detail, around one hour. The third one is HR, another one concerned about personality. The last one seems to be the leader of the program, from big pic to talk about myself and the understanding on the position.

ITLP Interview

Interview

Interview took roughly an hour and ask various behavorial questions focused on groupwork and the experience you have working in a group. They took typical group project questions and forces you answer the question from every possible angle as if to test whether you're fully experienced in participating in every role. I had trouble answering all the questions without going back to the same examples again and again.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mebane, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE (Mebane, NC).

Interview

I was recited by an outside hiring firm, then quickly put in touch with a hiring recruiter from GE(Very pleasant to deal with). Set up the interview with another person. All over the phone until the actual interview. Actual interview took place on site. I met with my would be boss, a direct level coworker, a manager from a parallel department, and production manager. Everyone was friendly and informative. No involved questions, just discussion about the job and industry.

Interview Questions

It was a great opportunity, but required relocation and I could not get the blessing of my wife to move away from family.