GE Interview Questions

1,087 Interview Reviews

2.9

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Fairfield, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 manager + 1 HR manager interview. Each interview was 1:1. Newly forming position so a lot of unanswered questions. Still deciding how department will be strucutred

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. There was an application followed by in-person interviews with three different people. I interviewed with the would-be manager, HR, and another leader who I would work with if offered the role. GE covered the travel and lodging costs for the interview. The interview was focused on experience oriented questions/behavioral. They were very interested in how I handled different scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

GE was open to negotiating.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied firstly online and received a phone call from a HR asking for a in-person interview. They talked about what is this position about and why they called me. Then they ask me some behavioral questions for like half an hour and they led me to a hiring manager's office who asked me some technical questions for another half hour.

Interview Questions

• half behavioral questions and half technical questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied through the university's website. I was scheduled to come in for a 30 minute interview a week later. Asked very basic interview questions. Do your research on GE. I am still waiting to hear back.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Process took about a month. Applied through university website, had an interview about a month later and heard back within two days. Interview was very short and was only asked three quesitons. The interviewer did not seem very interested but that may have been because I was one of the last to interview for the position.

ITLP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at an on campus event. The next week I received an email requesting a video/phone interview. After that I received a call from the head of the ITLP program I was applying for with a verbal offer. I then received the written offer and had about a week and a half to make my decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a team member who wasnt carrying their weight; Tell me about a time you had to innovate   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an ok ok interview. Basically wasted time asking unnecessary information. Finally, they said they only take PhD students and no openings for MS students. Wasted most of my time preparing for something worthless.

IT Security Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GE in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position via he website and had an HR screening the following day. This focused on salary expectations and how my current role aligned with the position. Next, I interviewed with the team lead. We discussed my experiences in more detail and the technical value I could bring to the team. A day later, I was invited for an onsite interview but declined. I preferred to stay at my current organization.

Interview Questions

• what skills can you leverage from your current position to succeed at the one you applied for.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

typical interview questions. Met with 5 different people, very nice and professional. they did a phone screen first and then in person interviews. Interview with hiring manager, HR, peer to peer, and one over one manager

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was behavioral and was very helpful to gauge what GE was looking for in a candidate. The interviewer was kind and attentive and guided the interview well. During our conversation we talked not only about me, but about what the interviewer saw in the company and opportunities it created.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to persuade a group of people to accomplish something you need accomplished?   Answer Question