GE

763 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in July 2011.

Interview Details – For entry level interview, mostly behavior questions. Not much technical questions

Negotiation Details – not negotiable

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2014.

Interview Details – After applying it took 2-3 weeks for it to go through. Received an email asking for an interview time. After the interview, the following day I got an Offer Letter through email.

Interview Question – What makes your greater than the rest of your peers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate when I wanted to take the Co-Op.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Edison Engineering Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview when I was a freshmen. I was threw off when the recruiter first asked me if I had any questions for her. As she was taking notes, I was thinking about any question that I could ask her. Eventually, the whole interview process was all about me asking her questions. Towards the end, I asked her if she had any question for me. She, then, asked me to introduce myself. It was not a pleasant interview experience.

Interview Question – Nearly no questions from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Minden, NV

Interview Details – Met project manager at university career fair and gave him my resume.
Interviewed for 30 minutes the next day.
Was told at that the next step would be an on-site interview.
Scheduled interview 2-weeks out, per request; G.E. paid for the flight.
Flew out the day before the interview, stayed in a hotel.
The day started at 8:00 AM with a tour and coffee.
Interviews started 8:30 AM and ended 12:30 PM with 3 interviewers.
    Typical interview: history discussion, fit/behavioral questions, then technical questions.
They took me to lunch for about an hour.
Day ended around 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM

G.E. says they will reimburse all expenses; the daily meal allowance is limited but high.

Interview Question – They will test you on any technology you put on your resume.
Be ready to prove you know everything you say you know.
  Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

Electrical Engineer Co-op
Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GE in May 2010.

Interview Details – Be knowledgeable about your field, you will be interviewed by engineers.

Negotiation Details – There was no salary negotiation. You are paid based off of your hourly progression through school.

Sales Interview

Sales
Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unhappy at your last company and why   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary was too low

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior Electrical Engineer
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online sent cover letter/Resume
After 10 days I received mail that application is in process.
I received a mail asking to call,
I replied positively
After 30 minutes I received a call from related team Manager.
He read the resume, Cover letter and LinkedIn profile.
He convinced about skills I possessions but I felt he deliberated to ask hard questions to raise confusions, after call ended he confirmed that HR will contact me directly to schedule face to face interview.
Within less than hour they sent me mail mentioned they are no more pursuing my application.
Till today the position is open status.
I advice for any tel. interview to check the seriously of employer for opening job they need to hire people in.

Interview Question – They concentrated in specific questions related to academic questions has no relation to business need, just to justify their refusal.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Administrator
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly normal timing for hiring process.

Interview Question – Describe your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No wiggle room for salary negotiation. Based on educational experience

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – When was the last time you cried?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Question – Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question