GE Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015
1,020 Interview Reviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview was very well organized and proficient. I had a phone interview in which I had to describe how my previous work experience can contribute to the department I'm interested in. I need to know a little bit more info on the job description to compare it to my current experience. The HM was patient and gave me a thorough description of the job and I was able to give him a how I can contribute to the team. No tough questions related to the technical aspect of the job

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview last 15 mins. My qualifications were good, but i think they knew what they had in mind. My guess is that they wanted someone with more experience negotiating and maybe some engineering expertise.

Commercial Manager Interview

Interview

Well planned, if not a little slow. Quality interviewers on-site with relevant questioning. Interviewers included the typical team members as well as HR and other complementary roles. More concern about how I could leverage my talents and experience rather than focusing on specifics to the job function at hand. I considered this a positive aspect that I had not seen as much before.

Interview Questions

• In regards to how I would handle the technical side of the business where I had no previous experience.   Answer Question

Energy Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE.

Interview

interview was 25 minutes, extensively behavioral questions with time at the end to ask my own questions. I heard back from them within 2 days with an offer, there was no second round interview. The offer is good; they pay well and offer different locations for work

ITLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

Got the Interview through on campus recruiting. The first interview was on campus and was mostly behavioral with a few questions about my technical experience. The second interview was a phone interview, basically ensuring you are the right fit for the position and making sure you know exactly what the internship entails.

Eid Co-Op Interview

Interview

Campus interview after speaking to company at a career fair. Behavioral based interview, as most are these days. Comfortable 30 minute session with an engineer. Received an offer two weeks later. The interviewer was friendly and understood how to not intimidate the interviewee to ensure they get the best answers.

Interview Questions

• What is the most impressive aspect of you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, you either take the job or not after I received the offer. Received an offer 2 weeks after the interview.

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

I was recruited through a campus career center and given the opportunity to interview. This was mostly behavioral and nothing completely unexpected. The interviewer was very friendly and made the process easy. Heard back about 3 weeks later and received an invite to corporate headquarters.

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were 3 rounds--they all generally asked about your background, why you're interested, etc. I think management is really trying to check if he candidate is interested in finance instead of just the leadership aspect of the program.

Retirement Analyst Interview

Interview

Recruited from Human Resources immediately upon submission, emailed on a weekend regarding the interview for Monday 15-30 mins long, interview process was very straight forward and asked questions about background and why interested in position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

Campus Interview was set up through campus online resource. Was held in campus interview center. Basic human resource behavioral questions. Be sure to know, elaborate and answer anything on your resume. Was a relaxed, easy interview. Knowing more of the position details and company values are a positive additive. Unfortunately, still waiting for a decision after two weeks.