GE

Updated Dec 16, 2014

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in September 2014.

I talked with employees at a career fair at my University. Applied to the appliances division in electrical engineering. They came back a week later to hold a full day of interviews. We had a networking luncheon the day before to talk with employees/past co-ops, and meet the interviewers ahead of time. The interview was very structured: 5 minutes of introductions, 20 minutes of behavioral/experience questions, 5 minutes of questions back at them. The interviewer was very nice. Asked some questions about my resume, and several "Tell me about a time you..." questions. Overall a very basic interview, nothing tricky about it. no technical questions

Lead Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE in September 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter via LinkedIn. Two phone calls (not really interviews) with the recruiter - describing myself and information about the position - and potential manager - answering my questions on the position and team.

They accommodated to my schedule, including a two week vacation after the calls.

After returning Given 48 hours to complete a design challenge, reviewed by the team.

After approval, traveled for face to face interview with 4 members of the UX team, each asking questions about my experience, projects, and answering my questions on the team.

Unfortunately, I was not experienced enough for a lead role (expected given the experience of the other Lead Designers), but they continued with the offer for a professional level.

The recruiter and the entire team were really great to talk to and work with. They were personable, and the process and team they built seemed to be doing great work!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your favorite project and how you interacted with developers and designers.   Answer Question

Could not justify a lateral move, they pay, and the relocation for the professional (non-lead) position.

Senior Staff Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in September 2014.

Started of with 1 HR, 3 technical interviews over the phone , followed by 1 coding test over phone and finally an in-person for 5 hrs where 2 of the them where coding interviews and they where not clear on what they would like to me to code on. When asked more about the question he was upset. Anyways after a long interviews followed with talking to hiring manager and Director who where nice to talk to.

Interviewers where try to show that they are smarter than you.. lol

And after a week i get an email that they would like to bring me in for another 2 hrs of coding test. The reasoning they "Some of the coding/technical interviews came back with conflicting feedback." really after so many interviews.

Declined the interview and removing GE from my list of companies to work for ;)

Interview Questions
    • Design a whole web interface and write the complete code with syntax.   Answer Question

During the interview process felt like they are not professional, micro management and don't have work-life balance.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at GE in September 2014.

2 out of 4 interviewers did not do show up. First phone interview, then two more, then 1 in person, then another on site visit. Still waiting for the final decision .

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in September 2014.

2 hour coding test using webex. This is the first step. No other tech screen on phone. I think its a 3rd party that facilitates this test. No browsing allowed.

Interview Questions
    • Design and code a change management system. Input coin values. Output either requested amount or all available if less.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in September 2014.

College career fair, the questions were behavior questions. The position was located in Chicago. The interviewer was a laid back guy, we talked about sports. Overall the interview was amazing. I'm pretty sure I got the job. Best of luck to future candidates. No pressure. brjhkrkrjkjhthjgjhgkjghjh f fjhkh fhfjhkfh fjhkfhjkjhfhjf f fhjkhjfjhf fhfjkjfh ffhjkfhjfk fjffhjf

Summer Sophomore Technology Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GE in September 2014.

Asked questions about past projects and experience. The interviewer was nice and gave a good amount of time for me to introduce myself. He was not too interested in my coding knowledge as to what projects I have worked on and how I can show that I am passionate about technology.

Interview Questions
    • Believe it or not but "Why do you love technology?" had to be the hardest because you need to come up with a unique answer   Answer Question

Commercial Leadership Program Interview

The interview took place at a GE facility with interviews from current participants, HR, and the program manager. Each interviewer had various behavioral interview questions. The evening before the interview there was a social function with current program members and the program manager.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all based on the top 20 behavioral questions. So nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sourcing Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

1 phone interview and 3 face face interviews back to back. Fairly straightforward questions. Very nice smart people. Had one hr phone interview after the hiring manager interview. Was intimidating office as it is very large building.

Interview Questions
    Got 10 percent more by just asking.

General Interview Interview

Phone call screen with one employee, met a few of the employees at an external hiring conference, brought in for GE hiring conference with about 20 other people, they didn't really ask many questions, mostly conversation and what I wanted to talk about, not a difficult interview