GE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through Indeed. Heard back in about a week directly from the hiring manager. Several phone calls directly with the hiring manager and team members. Phone calls focused on skills--was not a behavioral interview. Did ask for current salary which I declined to provide.

Invited to on-site interview with HR arranging for payment of travel costs and hotel. 4 hour on-site interview.

ITLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in November 2014.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview. I was recommended for a second round and did that via phone interview with someone who had a higher position. Both interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process and followed up whenever I had any questions.

GE OMLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

On campus interview that was one on one followed by a second interview and onsite visit in the Supply Chain Headquarters in Milwaukee with a dinner with current OMLP employees.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Process was smooth and less time taking. Recruiter, HR, hiring panel everyone is pretty much helping hands. Starts with phone screen then telephonic technical round and then onsite rounds through out the day. Technical, behavioral rounds are good.

Interview Questions

• how you keep yourself up to date and what you know most recent news of technology ?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting. I spoke with them at a career fair and got a phone called late that night requesting an interview. The interview was very comfortable and laid back. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing surprising or majorly difficult. What they look for primarily is enthusiasm and passion for the job at hand. They want to see why you really want it and what your motivators are. They are genuinely interested and want you to demonstrate your work ethic and desire to grow. At the end they told me regardless of what happens to stay passionate about what I want and what I'm qualified for. This was my first interview of my college career, so to say the least I could have done better. My lack of interest in sales at the time was evident and the advice that they gave me post interview was beneficial.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced and adversity   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted via e-mail by recruiter. Conducted initial phone screen with recruiter, followed a week later by hiring team phone interview. Participated in on-site interview about a month later. Told decision would be made within a few weeks. Never heard anything back from HR specialist or even a simple automated "no thanks." I certainly would not want to work for this company if this is how on-board employees are treated.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE.

Interview

Went to career fair hosted by our university. They were very organized and directed students to the proper GE rep based on preference. Mine was for GE transportation. He looked over my resume, discussed some things on it, and then asked what time would be good for an interview the next day. Interview was about 30 mins, all behavioral questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult educational decision you have made so far.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a call after visiting a job fair. After two technical interviews i was asked to travel onsite to for interview. I had 5 rounds of technical interview after which i was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• All the technical interviews i was asked some easy to difficult questions. It mostly covered data structures and algorithms. My resume was read line by line and was asked to elaborate on projects.   Answer Question

QA Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

Interview

I interviewed with a single individual for this position. The interview consited of mostly talking about things I have done that were on my resume and going into more depth about them. I was told I would be contacted within two weeks for a second round interview, and the next day I was offered a summer internship. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you had to deal with in a professional environment   Answer Question

ITLP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

There was a 3 step process. First, the initial interview at the career fair. Next, there was face to face interview. Finally there was an onsite visit. The visit include breakfast, lunch and dinner.