GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

FMP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I applied through my university's career website. Questions were mainly behavioral. No technical questions.The interview was around 30 m and very friendly. The only advice I can give you be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you failed to meet a work objective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Met an employer at a career fair on campus. He said I was extremely qualified and really talked up the position. I studied for the interview A LOT. Looked up potential questions and learned so much about the company. Got interviewed by 2 people, asked almost identical questions posted on this site. Said there wasnt very many positions available and told me that I did not receive the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • When you work with a group, how do you separate yourself from the group?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I talked to representatives from the ITLP program at my school's career fair after seeing a posting on our job boards for the ITLP internship. I was asked for an interview a week later and it was a 2 on 1 interview, which surprised me a little. The interviewers were both extremely friendly and approachable and the questions were all behavioral. Be ready to rank which businesses you are interested in as they will ask you in case you pass the first interview. I got an e-mail the next day saying I had passed the first round and then was called to confirm my business rankings. 2 weeks later I was presented an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to be innovative to get something done.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Had one round of interviews. Pretty much just a behavioral interview; no programming questions at all, and I didn't have to really worry about anything technical. After about 2 weeks, they got back to me with an offer. Overall, it was a really fast experience, and I enjoyed the ease of it!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   View Answer
    Didn't try negotiating!

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I had an on campus interview with GE's Power and Water. After the initial process they invited me to their Greenville, SC plant for a second round interview. The interview process was very different. It was a back-to-back 30 minute interview with four different past OMLPs from the company and the head HR person. They generally asked similar behavioral questions and wasn't very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What things do you regret from your past four years your college career   Answer Question

ITLP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

I applied online through the website following a career fair. I received an email about 2 weeks later asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later and was 30 mins and behavioral questions only. The interviewer was very chill and nice. You introduce yourself and then answer 3 to 4 "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions
    • They were all relatively easy. "Describe a time you didn't agree with a manager. How did you handle it/over come?" "Describe a time you disagreed with a team member." "describe a time you delivered bad news or made an unpopular choice"   Answer Question

The offer was amazing but location for the position wasn't very ideal (for me). Plus I had other interviews and they wanted an answer before I had the chance to weigh my options. Took a risk. Right choice for me though.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Applicants were questioned one-on-one. Interviewer asked questions such as whether the interviewee had previous experience using manufacturing equipment, hands-on automotive work, managing co-workers and processes. Interview lasted for about 10 minutes. Another interview would follow given the candidate met their requirements.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in October 2014.

Went in for first round of interviews on campus. Asked normal behavioral interview questions. Nothing too difficult. Called a few weeks later to say that corporate cut funding for the internship program.

ITLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Applied through university's career development website, submitted a resume and a cover letter; GE had a booth in the campus career fair as well. There was a chance to talk to the interviewer and past interns there. Later received email notifications and attended an info session, and had an on-campus interview.

OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE in October 2014.

I first found this position through my university's career services office. I was asked to submit my application documents on a Thursday, and I was scheduled for an interview on the following Tuesday. It was an on-campus interview, so that helped speed up the process.

Only two days after the interview, I received a phone call from the person who had interviewed me. She told me that she really wanted to continue with me for the second round of interviews, but she needed to discuss my work status. Unfortunately, GE does not allow the working visa sponsorship for internationals to participate in the OMLP in the U.S. That was the end of my interview process for the program in the U.S. but I was told that my application would be forwarded to the OMLP program in Latin America.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an incompetent boss and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question