GE

Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at GE in August 2010.

GE was scrambling to staff a smart meter project. After a brief chat with a Lead Engineer, I interviewed 1:1 with a few of the staff and started as a contractor a few weeks later. I went through the same process again about 13 months later to convert to full time.

Interview Questions
  • It was a pretty standard interview, no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question
Pretty standard, I asked for a $5k bump, got verbal agreement and it was missing in the paper version. It took a little pressure to get the agreed to amount.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview was straightforward, very light on technical questions.

Interview Questions
    The offer letter was for $5k less than I asked for, I asked for my original amount and after some protest the letter was amended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in July 2010.

slow to respond and a long time to contact after closing date of application. Then only 2 days notice to get to Atlanta ga for interview. Did not pattach interview schedule to email. Had top request it again. Then schedule changed first thing the first day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, ME

interviewed at GE in April 2008.

I submitted the application during a GE campus recruiting promotion and got the response from the company after a long time when I almost took the offer from another company. The first interview was via phone, mainly focus on technical competency interview. The interview went well and I was impressed with the interviewer's professional manners and also had good impression with the company.After that I was told to have an on-site interview which include both a technical presentation plus Q&A session and a HR interview. The technical one ran very well and I thought I gave a good impression to the interview team.But the HR interview I though was not good.But maybe because I was a fresh graduate at that time,my judgement is not correct and finally they gave me the offer.

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Applied online and was interviewed over telephone within 3 weeks. The technical interview over phone was followed by a site technical interview and discussion with HRM. It took few months to receive the final offer.

Interview Questions
    • Discussion with HRM: how did you handle a conflict with a superior?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at GE in September 2011.

My Friend Referred it in their company. HR,who is a contractor in the company plans the job schedule, 2 technical, 1 mgr 1 hr. background process is very strict including a police visits your home for verification. You will be terminated even if a single entry goes wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE in July 2010.

Referred through a known person, got an interview call with Job description. The hiring manager contacted me by phone to set up the interview date. On the day of interview, the Hiring manager welcomed me from the reception area to the meeting room. The interview panel was of 3 members including the hiring manger and 2 other technical persons. Interview was purely technical on project that I had worked on previously. They didn't want me to divulge any proprietary information. The next set of questions were based on the area of work that I would be recruited for. The whole theme of the technical interview was to see how talented the person is and how he adapts to different situations,. It was extremely professional. Next was the HR interview (includes the HR manager and the COE manager). Typical HR questions for example on why I was leaving the previous one and interested in joining this company. Only question on pay was the current CTC and expectation. No negotiations as they have a salary band for each position. Got hired, received the joining date and formalities required to be completed.

Interview Questions
    • Being put in a difficult situation to see how I would emerge out of it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations as they have a salary band for each position.