GE

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Interview Details – The HR contacted me and set up an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called on time. I felt he had some preconceived notion about me and my experience. There was minimal exchange of greetings and he was straight to the point about what/who he wanted for the position. Inquired about my experience but kept going back to the idea of who he wanted. Was not really keen on the pay scale either. Discounted my experience citing some vague reason. Frequently kept telling me that he was not so sure how I will fit into the position. To round it off, he offered me a salary that was laughable to say the least. I just said, "no".

Interview Question – We did not get to the technical round. The hiring manager was not too keen on even accepting me as a viable fit to the position although I had the relevant experience necessary as per the HR recruiter.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like the hiring manager's disposition and mannerisms. If this is the situation in the preliminary conversation, I can hardly assume what's it going to be like working under him (that, too, at a lower salary than I had expected).

I think I will look for other opportunities where at the least, people are courteous and in general have a bright outlook.

Lead Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – I thought the interview process was very professional. It started with a "screen" interview with the GE recruiter, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, followed by a group technical interview, followed by an onsite panel interview.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – There was a written test followed by phone and then face to face interview. It was a great analytical interview.

Interview Question – How does Linked In algo works   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at GE in January 2011.

Interview Details – After 6 years of posting for open jobs, a recruiter called me and she sounded energetic and positive.. The interview was easy going, show up and feel comfortable. Decision was supposed to be made in 2 weeks but it took 4 months to make salary offer bring me on board.

Interview Question – Do you really want a job here? Only the hiring manager was in the office for the interview. One lead was called on the phone and another went home to take care of child. Dept head never showed up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as the salary was reasonable. Others were able to negotiate for another week vacation but it did them little good as company announced additional weeks vacation for all new hires a month later.

San Ramon, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2011.

Interview Details – Didn't get a phone interview but got selected for a 1 day(5 hour interview). We all sat in a room around laptops and given problems and asked to develop them in the Eclipse/Java environment. They had people who had no Eclipse experience and No java experience in the so I don't know how they got in the room in the first place. The manager said solve the best way you know how and language shouldn't be too difficult even if you don't know java. After the 4 problems that was giving to me - I accomplished the 3 easiest. And then we went to group solving in which case I got partnered w/ someone who barely spoke english. We did a first round completion of group problem to find out the Instructor(manager) said there were little caveats that we didn't think though and wasn't really solveable during the class.

After that was a basic HR interview - behavioral questions such as when did resolve conflict..etc..

Interview Question – No real questions with responses required.. it was hands on exercise with team component to see how you work with random person   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I went high balled upon going in and got what I wanted.. although they did hint at bonuses for people in Lead Professional Career Band

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at GE in December 2009.

Interview Details – Beaurocratic. They made a verbal offer and then it took weeks to get the offer letter to me. Should have been a sign of things to come.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but knowing what I know now I would have asked for more money given the stress that this job has caused.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – good... and specially groomed leader takes interview & they are technically sound...

Interview Question – there is none like that   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation as offer seems ok with industry standard

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!